The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop Generating New Stuff

PorsaLindahl

Enough already.

There are already umpteen dozen packs that have been created. There's no need to keep reskinning old items. Start recycling the old packs. Rotate them out every 3-4 weeks. Give those that didn't play "back in the day" a chance to get something from those discontinued packs, other than through the grand chance cube (which I think is actually one of the stupidest things introduced - a chance box inside a chance box) or from the GTN.

I feel too much time is spent developing all this eye candy in an attempt to nickle and dime players and squeeze more money from them, when that time can be put to better use. Take a look at the suggestion forums sometime. Granted there are a lot of posts that are pure nonsense, but there are some that would really improve the game or QOL for the players. Or how about fixing some age old bugs instead of giving "new" recycled / reskinned toys? Or even giving us quality game updates instead of these weak ones that feel half-baked.

I realize the skritts are going to flame me for this because they gotta have their "STUFF, STUFF, STUFF" and their "Shiny, SHINY, SHINY!" trinkets.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I realize the skritts are going to flame me for this because they gotta have their "STUFF, STUFF, STUFF" and their "Shiny, SHINY, SHINY!" trinkets.

Oh God, every time I get to that part of the personal story in GW2, I'm torn. Which do I help?

* a bunch of thieving rats.

* a bunch of aquatic weenies with anger management problems and berserker tendencies.

* a bunch of self-pitying *frogs*.

The choice I got on a Norn, involving grawl, wasn't much better.

Yes, re-using old shinies makes more sense than continuing to make new ones, particularly if the old ones aren't used to their maximum potential.;)

And honestly, as someone who sometimes indulges the shinies, nothing they've come up with recently has been that great either. Everything I've wanted has been older.

Also direct sale please.

Enough already.

There are already umpteen dozen packs that have been created. There's no need to keep reskinning old items. Start recycling the old packs. Rotate them out every 3-4 weeks. Give those that didn't play "back in the day" a chance to get something from those discontinued packs, other than through the grand chance cube (which I think is actually one of the stupidest things introduced - a chance box inside a chance box) or from the GTN.

I feel too much time is spent developing all this eye candy in an attempt to nickle and dime players and squeeze more money from them, when that time can be put to better use. Take a look at the suggestion forums sometime. Granted there are a lot of posts that are pure nonsense, but there are some that would really improve the game or QOL for the players. Or how about fixing some age old bugs instead of giving "new" recycled / reskinned toys? Or even giving us quality game updates instead of these weak ones that feel half-baked.

That's not how making money $ work.

Sad but true.

That's not how making money $ work.

Sad but true.

They're not going to make money bleeding subscribers either. If they're on a limited budget (which by all appearances they are), then they need to prioritize - shift their focus to fixing the game and putting out half decent content (instead of these half baked companion reunions and reskins of reskins of more reskins) at a decent rate, and recycle those older packs.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I stopped buying any of the CM packs Lonngg ago; back the last time they offered the Sith Honor Guard I believe. And yes Recently I haven't even seen anything I wanted either much less willing to pay for. If If If If I thought I could *Pay for one and Actually "Get What I Paid For" then yes I probably would go back to buying them. However If They think I'm gonna "Shuck" out enough for a Chance of getting most likely the only 1 item I wanted after purchasing four, five or more just to have 1, *Virtual Item, they've really flipped their lid. Increase the *Ability to get the main Item... maybe.

I stopped buying any of the CM packs Lonngg ago; back the last time they offered the Sith Honor Guard I believe. And yes Recently I haven't even seen anything I wanted either much less willing to pay for. If If If If I thought I could *Pay for one and Actually "Get What I Paid For" then yes I probably would go back to buying them. However If They think I'm gonna "Shuck" out enough for a Chance of getting most likely the only 1 item I wanted after purchasing four, five or more just to have 1, *Virtual Item, they've really flipped their lid. Increase the *Ability to get the main Item... maybe.

There are only two valid approaches to buying packs:

* I buy the pack or the crate to sell it on the GTN to raise credits to buy the thing I wanted.

* I buy the pack or the crate to open and have fun seeing what I get.

The other approach, "I buy the pack to open it because I want item X that can drop," is pure folly.

And there isn't a "main" item as such. Sure, there are highlighted items, but "main item" is a highly subjective analysis.

And you *DO* get what you paid for. You paid for a chance at getting some things, and you got a chance at getting those things. (Be very careful of the difference in consumer law between "the purpose for which the product was sold" and "the purpose for which the product was bought". Even the most consumer-friendly laws are beased on "the purpose for which the product was sold".(1))

(1) It's not sane for it to be otherwise. Imagine a moron who goes into a shop and buys something for the purpose of feeding his cat. What he bought was a tin of paint, and the cat dies. Whose fault is that? In no consumer law anywhere on the planet would he be able to bring a claim against either the shop OR the paint manufacturer, since the paint was *sold* as paint, not cat food. The claim must at least have to pass a "man on the Clapham omnibus" (the classic "generic reasonable person" in English law) test - is it reasonable to buy a tin of paint with the intent of feeding it to your cat? No, of course it isn't, because that tin was not sold for the purpose of feeding to cats.

There are only two valid approaches to buying packs:

* I buy the pack or the crate to sell it on the GTN to raise credits to buy the thing I wanted.

* I buy the pack or the crate to open and have fun seeing what I get.

The other approach, "I buy the pack to open it because I want item X that can drop," is pure folly.

And there isn't a "main" item as such. Sure, there are highlighted items, but "main item" is a highly subjective analysis.

And you *DO* get what you paid for. You paid for a chance at getting some things, and you got a chance at getting those things. (Be very careful of the difference in consumer law between "the purpose for which the product was sold" and "the purpose for which the product was bought". Even the most consumer-friendly laws are beased on "the purpose for which the product was sold".(1))

(1) It's not sane for it to be otherwise. Imagine a moron who goes into a shop and buys something for the purpose of feeding his cat. What he bought was a tin of paint, and the cat dies. Whose fault is that? In no consumer law anywhere on the planet would he be able to bring a claim against either the shop OR the paint manufacturer, since the paint was *sold* as paint, not cat food. The claim must at least have to pass a "man on the Clapham omnibus" (the classic "generic reasonable person" in English law) test - is it reasonable to buy a tin of paint with the intent of feeding it to your cat? No, of course it isn't, because that tin was not sold for the purpose of feeding to cats.

So you're saying I should stop feeding my cat paint? OMG. :eek::p

Steve your Exactly right. For that "Main Advertised Item" I don't go to the Market. If I find that on the GTN I might, Unless its over priced. Spending all that money for just a chance and they know its the item we want (lower Chance so you'll buy more packs) just seems as you said "Folly"

I don't mind reskins. I do mind if they are going to be teaspooned out.

Since the chance to get the thing you are after is low and the amount of the reskins you will get from any give pack is low, I believe the pack prices should be low. The idea is that it needs to feel like a fair gamble. Maybe you are fortunate and get what you want on the first gamble. Only a little money is spent. Maybe Bioware is fortunate and you actually pay lots more to get the item. The key is that it felt like you might win that gamble whether you do or not. Right now that is not the feeling the packs give.

To me, it feels like maybe you get what you want and lose a lot of money in the process; maybe you don't get what you want and you lose a lot of money in the process. It never quite feels like you win. It just feels like you finally got through your mandatory loses, if you actually get what you want. Good gambling set ups try to avoid that feeling. As a side note, it doesn't matter if it legally fits the definition of gambling or not. It feels like it is a gamble and thus people will respond to it as though it is a gamble.

However, something's gotta give soon. I think players are finding it hard to hold out.