Arguing on forums is like playground nonsense.

DarthSealth

You must enjoy your surreal humor quite a bit.

I personally call my humour Morbid, Blue and Satirical. Although I do like to throw in some Epigrammatic.

The thing is humour has a wider range of comedic values some don’t acknowledge possibly because they don’t understand humour as a whole.

Also considering you spelt “humour” as “humor” you probably spell “defence” as “defense” do you by any chance spell garden “fence” as “fense”?

(Don’t worry that is a rhetorical question.)

I personally call my humour Morbid, Blue and Satirical. Although I do like to throw in some Epigrammatic.

The thing is humour has a wider range of comedic values some don’t acknowledge possibly because they don’t understand humour as a whole.

Also considering you spelt “humour” as “humor” you probably spell “defence” as “defense” do you by any chance spell garden “fence” as “fense”?

(Don’t worry that is a rhetorical question.)

you're right i should spell it in the correct British spelling being that i am from the UK, but i have gotten used to the interchangability of American English and British English and sometimes out of habit it goes either way :D.

you're right i should spell it in the correct British spelling being that i am from the UK, but i have gotten used to the interchangability of American English and British English and sometimes out of habit it goes either way :D.

Brilliant I hope you succeed in your career being a translator. Hahaha

Me, as a German with English as a second language, I have a very similar with both BE and AE. :D

Noirmally, pupils learn BE first at school. AE comes after that. Or so it was when I was at school, many years ago.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Me, as a German with English as a second language, I have a very similar with both BE and AE. :D

Noirmally, pupils learn BE first at school. AE comes after that. Or so it was when I was at school, many years ago.

I understand but you adapt to the language of the country you’re based in, pronunciation is based on the choice of language whether that is British or American but if you’re British you’ll be brought up with British English so your pronunciation will be also British.

If you did move to America you’d still pronounce English as British whether you choose to spell their way is up to you if you’re living there although it isn’t a big issue similar to here but trying to pronounce words in their lingo makes you look pretty stupid and they’d probably become offended.

(Also you’d only spell like them to make theirs and your life easier.)

I found a lot of foreigners that move here seem to learn American English because it is easier to learn, spell and pronounce also most of what interests them is American from games, movies and TV shows.

I do get annoyed when English people don’t use British English whilst trying to be a wisecrack.

Edited by DarthSealth