The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

On Star Wars and the future of it...

cunctatorg

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney in December 2012.

Darth Maul was revealed to have survived in January 2011 http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Witches_of_the_Mist

He resorted to petty robbery in September 2012.

Even the episodes that aired in January 2013, where he turned full crime lord, were produced before Disney took over.

Excuse me for my despicable ... bubble, which clearly is not to your profound :rolleyes: taste!

But this profound argument of yours is a formal argument or an essential argument?!?

Let us suppose that chronological issues are about an essential argument; well, your argument is then supposed to be an essential one!!

Since when, then, the Canon arising from the SW Clone Wars tv-series is either equivalent or even comparable to the Canon arising from the six SW Episodes, the six SW movies by George Lucas's Lucas Arts?!? As an example which one created the most of the SW legacy and fame, the Clone Wars tv-series or the six SW movies?!? Bubbling around, I am clearly speaking about the very sources of the commercial value of Lucas Arts...

But these are legal issues and legal issues are becoming essential when it comes to the Courts, when it is for the Courts to decide...

I ain't any Court, I am just one SW fan (from Greece) and I'm speaking my personal opinion, my ... bubble as you have successfully ;) (and very politely :D ) noticed...

Thus I am speaking my opinion outside of Courts; and for me the essential argument is almost what I have written in the previous post of mine.

Regarding the Canon arising from the SW Clone Wars tv-series, I wrote elsewhere (to put it very politely...) that, imho, it's

;) Canon, Dust and Ashes!! :p

This is my general opinion about this very Canon, it holds always and even when the two Canons do not contradict!! Because here they do very clearly...

Edited by cunctatorg

Excuse me for my despicable ... bubble, which clearly is not to your profound :rolleyes: taste!

But this profound argument of yours is a formal argument or an essential argument?!?

Let us suppose that chronological issues are about an essential argument; well, your argument is then supposed to be an essential one!!

Since when, then, the Canon arising from the SW Clone Wars tv-series is either equivalent or even comparable to the Canon arising from the six SW Episodes, the six SW movies by George Lucas's Lucas Arts?!? As an example which one created the most of the SW legacy and fame, the Clone Wars tv-series or the six SW movies?!? Bubbling around, I am clearly speaking about the very sources of the commercial value of Lucas Arts...

But these are legal issues and legal issues are becoming essential when it comes to the Courts, when it is for the Courts to decide...

I ain't any Court, I am just one SW fan (from Greece) and I'm speaking my personal opinion, my ... bubble as you have successfully ;) (and very politely :D ) noticed...

Thus I am speaking my opinion outside of Courts; and for me the essential argument is almost what I have written in the previous post of mine.

Regarding the Canon arising from the SW Clone Wars tv-series, I wrote elsewhere (to put it very politely...) that, imho, it's

This is my general opinion about this very Canon, it holds always and even when the two Canons do not contradict!! Because here they do very clearly...

Umm, forgive me, I do not mean this as offensive but I am not sure I understand. How does The Clone Wars-series contradict the current Canon? We've been established it during the tv-series and few comics (and later on in Rebels) why he is there, and also too why don't we hear from him in the films.

Lucasfilm, not Lucasarts. Lucasfilm, which was responsible for the movies, was also responsible for The Clone Wars. Lucas personally approved all major story details of The Clone Wars cartoons so they have the same importance in established canon as the movies. Disney chose to keep them in the new canon after they purchased Lucasfilm (except for the 2003 Clone Wars shorts, which are a different matter entirely).

Lucasfilm, not Lucasarts. Lucasfilm, which was responsible for the movies, was also responsible for The Clone Wars. Lucas personally approved all major story details of The Clone Wars cartoons so they have the same importance in established canon as the movies. Disney chose to keep them in the new canon after they purchased Lucasfilm (except for the 2003 Clone Wars shorts, which are a different matter entirely).

Who cares? It's equal crud in some people's eyes as TLJ is some people's eyes. It kind of brings the franchise down a bit... from a certain point of view.

Who cares? It's equal crud in some people's eyes as TLJ is some people's eyes. It kind of brings the franchise down a bit... from a certain point of view.

If you don't care, why take the time to comment?

Umm, forgive me, I do not mean this as offensive but I am not sure I understand. How does The Clone Wars-series contradict the current Canon? We've been established it during the tv-series and few comics (and later on in Rebels) why he is there, and also too why don't we hear from him in the films.

I have only watched the one and only SW-The Clone Wars movie (when it came to Greek theaters) more than ten years ago. I understood then that it was the Flagship of The Clone Wars tv-series and I also decided to not follow this kind of SW childish stuff though I realized immediately that it is great for children ... and perhaps for some ;) man-babies. Therefore I know almost nothing about The Clone Wars tv-series.

I only know two things: (i) it is great entertainment for children (from six to nine years old ... or just to eight years old?!?) and (ii) that there was the "resurrection" of a half Darth Maul's monstrosity. I even knew nothing about the robbery habits of that monstrosity, I knew nothing about Crimson Dawn, not even its existence...

At this thread "On Star Wars and the future of it..." that I have started, I don't speak about SW tv-series for children; I guess that this is obvious. If you can understand my bad English, read again (if you like) the first post of mine at the previous page of the thread, the "two elementary and essential questions" post. The very first post of this thread is giving very well my point of view and such...

The contradiction is obvious from Lucas' quote: "There are heroes at both sides, there is evil everywhere" or so...

I will not bring already obvious arguments regarding the fate of the corpse of the defeated Dark Hero Darth Maul, I have written enough previously; but just consider the image of a petty robber and then crime-lord who lacks the bottom part of his body (including his genitalia) and ..., and he is a s*x predator at the same time!!

Some hero!!...

"Lucas personally approved all major story details of The Clone Wars cartoons, so they have the same importance in established canon as the movies."

Do you really mean that tv-series cartoons (for children and such...) have the same importance in established canon as the movies?!?

Well, I own neither Lucas Arts nor DISNEY and Lucasfilm!! Do they love to deliver to the audiences SW parodies like :eek: Episodes VII and VIII?!? Let them be my guests!... :p Because SW Episodes VII and VIII -and certainly Rogue One- are a parody of heroism, duty, devotion and also a parody of the Force metaphor, that is a parody of skills and even genius... Not to mention that all these SW parodies are also a huge parody of "human history" and the perception of that history as tragedy... Thus I repeat, just in case: let them be my guests!! :D

Otherwise you can read again the very first post of this thread and the "two elementary and essential questions" post of mine at the previous page.

I realize I have already spoken enough. Take care. :)

Edited by cunctatorg