No weapon challenge

MadDutchman

Something I decided to try out as a challenge and to mix things up a bit is run without a weapon equipped and just use those abilities that don't require it.

I've started up a new concealment operative (the knife everything in sight discipline) and once I hit DK removed their weapon.

It's been a blast so far, walking into a group of enemies, stealthed or not and just unleash death on them with only knives and occasional frag grenade adds an interesting twist to things (even if that is pretty close to what i was doing before, not having the gun just feels different). I haven't gotten far enough yet to encounter anything that might be a challenge but we'll see.

I'm curious, has anyone else tried this? and on what classes? I imagine this would work pretty good on sorc/sage if not too many of their abilities require a lightsaber (whether they use it or not)

thought I'd post this.

Guild mates got pissed at me by the second boss so I re-equipped all my gear save my mainhand pistol, still an amusing run. With the Scrapper Backblast (armorpen) I managed to get up to 3k DPS on a couple fights, averaging 2.5k on most due to uptime and not having any mobility abilities (require mainhand weapons)

http://parsely.io/parser/view/343378

Don't forget you have access to the Legacy Punch abilities (Punch/Jab/Uppercut) and the Execute.

I did the some similar things back when we were waiting on KotFE coming out (the 12xp time)

Had a Scrapper Smuggler, just ran around punching people (with the occasional shotgun blast to the back of the head) and tried levelling without ever changing out of the starter gear. Also tried running through without using anything other than the basic 2 skills on a merc.

Feel free to mock me now.

Don't forget you have access to the Legacy Punch abilities (Punch/Jab/Uppercut) and the Execute.

I totally forgot about those, that makes this even more fun.

I did the some similar things back when we were waiting on KotFE coming out (the 12xp time)

Had a Scrapper Smuggler, just ran around punching people (with the occasional shotgun blast to the back of the head) and tried levelling without ever changing out of the starter gear. Also tried running through without using anything other than the basic 2 skills on a merc.

Feel free to mock me now.

Pre 4.0 that just sounds painful... I can definitely see it being a blast on a scrapper, especially with the legacy punches

Something I decided to try out as a challenge and to mix things up a bit is run without a weapon equipped and just use those abilities that don't require it.

I've started up a new concealment operative (the knife everything in sight discipline) and once I hit DK removed their weapon.

It's been a blast so far, walking into a group of enemies, stealthed or not and just unleash death on them with only knives and occasional frag grenade adds an interesting twist to things (even if that is pretty close to what i was doing before, not having the gun just feels different). I haven't gotten far enough yet to encounter anything that might be a challenge but we'll see.

I'm curious, has anyone else tried this? and on what classes? I imagine this would work pretty good on sorc/sage if not too many of their abilities require a lightsaber (whether they use it or not)

Like sorcs/sages, you technically don't need the weapon for a concealment op. I wish they'd just take it away and let us hold vibroknives instead and replace the default "pew pew" with a knife throw.

Yeah they have, in fact if you check on youtube you can find people who made videos of their groups doing different content like that, even with next to no gear at all. If you look around a bit shouldn't be hard to find.

Thing is tho, that some classes need to equip an off hand to perform their role, so a tank will need the shield equiped or he just won't be able to tank with the abilities that require it so a little reasonable leeway needs to be entertained and than just do without the rest.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx