Companions...

Joysie

Some players are really irritated by the forced presence of companions (as evident by previous forum posts and posts on reddit)

Can we be given an option to permanently disable companions (only summoning them could reverse this.. Not random and unwelcome butting in)

*Note: I'm aware that setting them to 'passive' and then dismissing them does result in them returning in 'passive' stance.. But I don't like them reappearing at all. This is an MMO, why are they hear anyway?

Edited by Joysie

Some players are really irritated by the forced presence of companions (as evident by previous forum posts and posts on reddit)

Can we be given an option to permanently disable companions (only summoning them could reverse this.. Not random and unwelcome butting in)

*Note: I'm aware that setting them to 'passive' and then dismissing them does result in them returning in 'passive' stance.. But I don't like them reappearing at all. This is an MMO, why are they hear anyway?

They are here for story purposes, for starters. They also allow players to learn their role a little bit. It would be strange to level up a healer without ever needing to heal someone other than yourself..

Here's an idea. Why don't you level up a smuggler or operative as a healer without using a companion and tell us all how unnecessary a companion would be.

And to the OP. I permanently play with them off. They are completely pointless as they are all the same. Before bioware started getting hard over them each has a specific role. Now they can do them all.

Whilst they fit in with the story, can you really play the story over and over and over for 6 years now?

They are good for 40 minutes each expans.. sorry small content releases then they become irrelevant.

Once thats done you can begin with Biowares famed group content "grinding CXP" for no real reason whatsover.

The fact that some of their content releases are regarding companions is genuinely hard to believe.

Em I did and its easy. Stealth is a thing remember?

I wasn't talking about using stealth to get to clickies. I was talking about actually fighting mobs. And have you done it since they took away 99% of their damage abilities and before their new AoE's? Did you run heroics that required fighting? Did you do anything harder than killing normal mobs? All with just the default "pew pew?" All from level 10 in the heal spec?

I'd be interested in seeing you, even at 70, do some of the heroics that require fighting without using a companion. Even if it is possible, it probably takes forever to do. So link a video showing it, and then I'll believe you.

Here's a heroic I'd be specifically interested in watching:

Building a Better Beast on Nar Shaddaa with a level 20-25 healer op.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I am irritated by the forced presence, but I don't mean companions being around/watching my back. My particular irritation is with the Presence Buff always being on (initially thought that was what the OP was referring to).

How is it that Presence irritates you? It's a stat that only affects companions. Every character has always had some presence, whether it was 10 or 950 (without boosts/enhancements) + affection back before TFE or what it is now. It doesn't affect your character at all. It never has.

How is it that Presence irritates you? It's a stat that only affects companions. Every character has always had some presence, whether it was 10 or 950 (without boosts/enhancements) + affection back before TFE or what it is now. It doesn't affect your character at all. It never has.

They affection/presence lv back in 3.0 was fine, my companions got a slight buff. Now tho, post 4.0 and beyond, my companions gains an insanely high amount of bonus damage (and hp), especially at the lv cap.

My current presence is somewhere between 1100 and 1700 and my companions get a 1:1 bonus damage increase(scroll over bonus damage on the companion stats to see, shows the increase and what affects it), basically doing x3 to x4 damage on mobs, it is decreased on lower lv planets but they still do crazy high damage. On most planets they can pretty much fight by theirselves, almost at the point of 1 to 3 shooting even golds.

It's gets Irritating, because it makes the game very boring for me. A presence toggle, however, would remove all the extra stats.

Edited by ZeroTypeR