The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Personal Top 3 Legends Expanded Universe Novels and Comics

Leklor

Her turning traitor and blowing up civilian workers in the Jedi Temple never felt appropriate for her character... at least not to me.

It was rushed. I did see a ton of potential for her "turning to the dark side" and did feel like it might be an believable arc for the 2nd most hyped jedi of her peer group (Anakin #1 obviously). I think if there was going to be several more seasons of The Clone Wars then she could have been built up into an incredible character and shown how a Dooku like character can happen. Ultimately though, this arc was at the very end of the series and had no time to be built up properly. Therefore, it really shouldn't have been done and a more generic character should have been in that spot.

The fact that she had a book series and several other prominent spots shows they always had plans for her character but it feels like her arc ultimately was shoved in at the last minute right before the entire Clone Wars era was ended.

Oh, that reminds me. Another one I highly recommend is 'I, Jedi' by Michael Stackpole :)

....thanks for reminding me! I was supposed to try to locate that book a couple of years back, but completely forgot about it. :p

Really, this thread is great: I suddenly have answers ready when people start asking what I want for my birthday in a few months.

The Revan novel would not be bad, if they did not destroy Meetra Surik(the Exile) as a character, including how powerful she was supposed to be based on Kotor 2.

Other than that, the Bane novels and Darth Plagueis are the best SW materials outside of kotor 1/2 and swtor. Those two(or 4) are an absolute must, for anyone that claims to be a SW fan.

I would also recommend the audio books for them. The text, despite being a must have, do not produce goosebumps.

Ofc all the comics and stuff about events before kotor 1 are also good.

Edited by Kaedusz

Top 3 series?

3. Bane Trilogy. Just so awesome to see how Bane came to power.

2. Zahn trilogy Heir to the empire and so on. Zahn at his best and seeing Thrawn for the first time was just so cool. Along with Mara Jade and a few other characters.

1. X-Wing Series. For all of us X-wing/Tie fanboys, this series of books was just a total nerdgasm plus seeing wedge and how good he really was, just too awesome. Wraith Squadron still needs to become canon damn it!