In a few months, we'll all be playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2......

alaizon

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, EA and BW are not in this for the long term. My view is that SWTOR was released to mitigate the loss of the $300m or whatever was pumped into the project, before other new MMOs take over as FOTM.

The MMO industry is a short term thing now. WoW lasted 7 years because it had a head start. Now, the release of MMO after MMO in waves means there will not be a juggernaut like WoW "to rule them all" for 7 years ever again. (in any case, most of the playerbase in WoW is botting anyways)

There is no need to wait 6 months to measure the success of SWTOR. By that time there will be Diablo 3 and GW2, and the same debate will start for those games.

Such is the state of the MMO industry.

Wow, you never played WoW at launch huh? When WoW was released it had EQ1 and 2 to compete with, as well as FF11 and other MMOs. It succeed because it was much more fun than any other MMO at the time for and many others agreed. Word of mouth spread and over time as well as many improvements WoW became the behemoth it is today. It also ran on low end PCs and EQ2 did not.

While I dislike the way EA runs their company, you would be a fool to think in 6 months no one will be around. In fact, this game will probably be at its highest subscriber base yet in 6 months. EA has stated in a news article on Gamestop "SWTOR will be substantially profitable at 500,000 players." Guess what? the game already has 1.6 million players according to Bioware. The game is already a success.:D

People like you are a very, very small minority (like less than 1%) of the player base. You can't think that because you rushed to 50 and have nothing to do, that everyone thinks like you and thus the game will fail. Most people don't think like the hardcore crowd and even within that crowd, people like me disagree with you. Please no more posts like this.:cool:

Completely disagree with the OP. I, for one, am tired of playing Blizzard's retreads. Starcraft II was just Starcraft all over again; Diablo 3 is just Diablo 2 in new stripes. I'm not interested in playing the same games over and over and over again. I'm done with Blizzard/Activision for good.

Why is it moderators that off topic doom and gloom threads like these are allowed to remain past 11 pages yet any positive thread about SWTOR is locked for being off Topic?

Attention Mr. Reid this is exactly what I was speaking of in our conversation earlier today.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

i agree, for me i was expecting a star wars mmo with huge content like big planets and big space contents and we get this railed and limited leveling, surely lots will quit when another "good game" shows up if not now

So you are saying SWTOR's planets are small? Newsflash: There are planets in TOR that are at least half the size of Azeroth alone. Ever been to Alderaan or Tatooine? Massive zones.

GW2 is a *********** MMO. Ignorance is bliss i guess.

Don't fool yourself. Perhaps an MMO, at best, eventhough they are against every bit of a tank/healer/dps system. They're certainly aiming high, but how will they produce contents when all they get is the money they earned from boxes. The game is doomed to fail. Ignorance is indeed bliss.