The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Mark Hamill gonna have to Force Çhoke a B****? (...named Rian Johnson)

Dayshadow

But of course!

Mark Hammil obviously hates the director he publically called the best director he's worked with in years and stated he was impatient to work with him again even outside of Star Wars.

By the Force, TLJ haters are pathetic. Do they "need" to invent "proof" that people are on their side to feel good about hating a movie?

Is that what this is about?

First the "theory" that Lucasfilm hid Luke's death from Hammil since the premiere (Despite it being impossible) now this?

Is it so hard to just say "I hate this movie", possibly explain why then move on? Is it necessary to put absurd caption on an interview to "interpret" someone's behavior, painting him as "agreeing" with the hate?

It's just absurd.

But of course!

Mark Hammil obviously hates the director he publically called the best director he's worked with in years and stated he was impatient to work with him again even outside of Star Wars.

By the Force, TLJ haters are pathetic. Do they "need" to invent "proof" that people are on their side to feel good about hating a movie?

Is that what this is about?

First the "theory" that Lucasfilm hid Luke's death from Hammil since the premiere (Despite it being impossible) now this?

Is it so hard to just say "I hate this movie", possibly explain why then move on? Is it necessary to put absurd caption on an interview to "interpret" someone's behavior, painting him as "agreeing" with the hate?

It's just absurd.

Methinks thou doth taketh this too seriously.

Methinks thou doth taketh this too seriously.

A bit, yeah. Another thread was derailed with someone's conspiracy theory that Disney and Rian Johnson manipulated and blackmailed Hammil into playing Luke as they wanted (Translation: in a way that would ruin Star Wars) and I was called an ******e for daring to bring logic into their fantasy. So I sincerely thought this was just this thread in version 2.0.

Sorry ^^

A bit, yeah. Another thread was derailed with someone's conspiracy theory that Disney and Rian Johnson manipulated and blackmailed Hammil into playing Luke as they wanted (Translation: in a way that would ruin Star Wars) and I was called an ******e for daring to bring logic into their fantasy. So I sincerely thought this was just this thread in version 2.0.

Sorry ^^

I think this footage is from before the premier. I'm not sure why he looks the way he does, but it does make for fine meme material.

I think this footage is from before the premier. I'm not sure why he looks the way he does, but it does make for fine meme material.

True enough.

Now that I've had time to watch the video in full (Was on a phone before, couldn't), I admit it's on the level of Sadfleck following the critical pumelling that BvS received in term of sheer meme potential.

Perhaps JJ will kinda fix things if he brings back Luke as a Ghost for IX

With Carrie Fisher dead, it's not a question of "if"

Luke WILL return as a Force Ghost in IX.

This trilogy still has some nostalgia to milk and he's the only one who can still realistically appear in the present timeline.

With Carrie Fisher dead, it's not a question of "if"

Luke WILL return as a Force Ghost in IX.

This trilogy still has some nostalgia to milk and he's the only one who can still realistically appear in the present timeline.

ehem... Yoda?

And yeah, he will, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner there.

ehem... Yoda?

And yeah, he will, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner there.

I honestly expect both Yoda, Luke and possibly McGregor as a test run for the Obi-Wan movie coming after it. I doubt Abrams will include Christensen though (Didn't he express dislike for the Prequels?)

And well, it's teased several times that Luke will return anyway, the two biggest hints being:

-Him saying "See you around, kid" to Kylo Ren on Crait.

-And the fact that he promised three lessons to Rey and ultimately only gave her two. If one thing is shown in TLJ it's that even at his lowest, Luke is a man of his word. And now that he's found his confidence in himself again, he'll definitely finish Rey's training.