Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What do you want in regards to eyes?

PorsaLindahl

What's there to like? How is this likable? Tell me. It was a mess. The characters look possessed and like they were on the verge of tears constantly. They would also glow in some areas... it was really, really bad and distracting.

They fixed that didn't they? There really is no need for your hysterics all over the forums about the dark brown. I was talking about liking the new colors. Just calm down already.

So I'm definitely on the - keep them as-is now please fence, for the betterment of new options in the future.

Since things will change as they upgrade the stuff they can and accepting that some tones and stuff from vanilla will change a little may be the only way to get other current issues fixed when it comes to textures and colours for character design.

I am all for this under two conditions.

1. They really need to fix the whites of the eyes (sclera). They are currently a very unhealthy jaundiced beige that dulls out the colors of the iris. It makes the eyes look so much worse than the originals!

2. If they do an "upgrade" that visibly changes existing characters they need to provide a free change. It is appalling community relations to alter how characters look and expect people to either fork over money to fix it or to lump it. If I wanted a character with hazel eyes, I would have made a character with hazel eyes. If I made a character with chocolate brown eyes and their tinkering turns chocolate brown to hazel, I shouldn't have to pay to change them back to chocolate brown.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I want the original colors back.

I want the original textures back.

What would be optimal is if they released the new colors/textures as separate appearances, so people who like them could choose to have them. People who don't like them could choose the old colors/textures. I actually do like the neon green/new texture eyes on one of my characters...but for *every other character* I have, I think their eyes look hideous. I'd love to be able to CHOOSE to have these new intense colors/textures for the character(s) I want them on.

This saves me typing my reply. :)

I want what we had after patch 5.6 but before patch 5.6.1, the new colours and textures we were given. I want the lively and lighter eye colour hues back and I never ever want to return to what we had originally, the plastic-like design with no depth or realism to it.

I support. I liked eye changes in 5.6. I also really liked the greenish shade of yellow eyes, he made these eyes beautiful and deep. It was just a gorgeous color! And after changing 5.6.1, the eyes were again flat and yellow, like an owl!

Now all eyes are dark and dull! Bring back lighter eye colour!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.