So whats good?

Technohic

I remember you!

Sniper/Slinger is doing quite good. Nobody really plays MM/SS right now, though - it's all about those DoTs. I think both Engineering and Virulence are doing well. Somebody who actually plays these care to chime in?

Mara is quite strong. Fury is now the go to spec, Carnage got neutered badly. Arsenal Merc is FoTM and has been since 5.0 launched...was that almost a year ago now?? Mercs got some new defensives that put them waaaaay over the top, having better survivability than tanks. BW has been making slight nerfs very very very slowly.

Deception got neutered a bit, but is still OK I guess. The damage output is not what it used to be. AP/Pyro PT is soooo bad - terrible defensives compared to most others. Few brave souls play them now, and when they do, they die a bloody lot.

All healing output got nerfed across the board, but so did damage output. BW came out and said that a number of specs were over-performing their desired internal metrics, so many specs got tweaked downwards. It seemed to take them a long time to even realize that "clipping" in Carnage spec was even a thing, and when they did, they just went "oh, well that needs to be nerfed." So Carnage spec feels nothing like it used to, and killed the desire of many to play it anymore (myself included).

I generally have avoided rank. When I played; sniper was not very welcome. I supposed that might have changed.

Good to know about Eng and Virulence. Haven't been a fan of MM since I learned those 2 back when you could hybrid them.

I will probably poke in to some regs over the weekends. Probably just for the month then will be out again once I get my fill

I have played since whatever they call that new grind. How have things been and how are they looking?

I just had an itch to play my sniper/slinger again. Do midbie and lowbies pop?

Mercs, ridiculously OP right now. Pretty much every WZ whether ranked or un-ranked I see mercs at the top along with the Repub counters. Agents/scoundrels still good if played well. I play a Sentinel right now, and it feels pretty weak vs other classes so I would not recommend it, although I am definitely not the best at pvp, just sharing my experiences.

Edited by clocknane

I remember you!

Sniper/Slinger is doing quite good. Nobody really plays MM/SS right now, though - it's all about those DoTs. I think both Engineering and Virulence are doing well. Somebody who actually plays these care to chime in?

Mara is quite strong. Fury is now the go to spec, Carnage got neutered badly. Arsenal Merc is FoTM and has been since 5.0 launched...was that almost a year ago now?? Mercs got some new defensives that put them waaaaay over the top, having better survivability than tanks. BW has been making slight nerfs very very very slowly.

Deception got neutered a bit, but is still OK I guess. The damage output is not what it used to be. AP/Pyro PT is soooo bad - terrible defensives compared to most others. Few brave souls play them now, and when they do, they die a bloody lot.

All healing output got nerfed across the board, but so did damage output. BW came out and said that a number of specs were over-performing their desired internal metrics, so many specs got tweaked downwards. It seemed to take them a long time to even realize that "clipping" in Carnage spec was even a thing, and when they did, they just went "oh, well that needs to be nerfed." So Carnage spec feels nothing like it used to, and killed the desire of many to play it anymore (myself included).

Yea Carnage/Combat is pretty weak right now. I am not sure Fury even matches up to some of the other classes atm. There are really a lot of specs/classes that kind of outshine Mara and Sents imo.

Yea Carnage/Combat is pretty weak right now. I am not sure Fury even matches up to some of the other classes atm. There are really a lot of specs/classes that kind of outshine Mara and Sents imo.

A well played mara is top of the line, both Carnage and Fury (but especially Fury). There's almost nothing that outshine them.

I play a Sentinel right now, and it feels pretty weak vs other classes so I would not recommend it, although I am definitely not the best at pvp, just sharing my experiences.

And sharing you POV is perfectly fine, but OP should know that Fury Maras are absolutely up there amongst the very best specs at the moment. For ranked DPS I would say:

1. Arsenal Merc
  2. Eng. sniper (if played well)
  3. Fury Mara
  4. Operative
  5. Assassin
  6. Sorcerer
  7. Jugg
  8. Eng. sniper (if played bad)
  9. PT

Caveat: A good player will almost always best a bad player regardless of spec, but I am still singling out eng. sniper here. A clueless sniper will get globalled whereas a good sniper will win the match.