Any permanent losses from temporarily dropping down to Preferred from Sub'ed?

TalonMacLeod

I need to change my recurring billing date to a few days later in the month than it currently is, and the only way I can see to do that is to let my subscription expire and then resub on the desired day of the month, so I'm going to lose Subscription perks for a few days.

Will that cause any permanent losses on my account, or will everything come back when I resub?

Thanks.

The act of subscribing gives you access to all content in the game, and the full range of levels. (Up to 70.)

You keep access to the expansions when your subscription drops, and you keep access to level 70. You get a bunch of restrictions, of which the most painful are probably:

* 350K credit limit per character.

* Level 70 characters don't gain Command Experience points.

If you re-subscribe, those restrictions go away.

I need to change my recurring billing date to a few days later in the month than it currently is, and the only way I can see to do that is to let my subscription expire and then resub on the desired day of the month, so I'm going to lose Subscription perks for a few days.

Will that cause any permanent losses on my account, or will everything come back when I resub?

Thanks.

One area that may be impacted is if you are a guild leader. If not, then don't worry, but if you are then you will either be removed as guild leader, since a non-sub can't be guild leader of a subscriber guild, or if it's a guild of one then your guild will be made a f2p guild, which has a number of restrictions. During your period without subscription you'll be subject to all of the restrictions that apply to preferred accounts, such as:

• Credit cap (350k, the rest goes into an escrow that can be accessed with CC's)
  • Chat limits (can only post in gen chat once every min)
  • No access to operations
  • Limits on flashpoint rewards
  • Limited to three space missions per week (doesn't affect GSF)
  • Limited to three warzones per week
  • Only allowed two crew skills/character (I don't remember if this will cause you to automatically drop a crew skill)
  • Read only access to the forums (you can't PM, no bug reports, etc. You basically cease to exist.)

There are other limits, but these are the big ones. Everything will be restored when you resub (not sure about the crew skill). If you only need to extend your billing date by a few days then I would suggest using a referral link (you can use one ever 90 days). That will give you 7 days of sub time (with a few restrictions), and may keep you from having to deal with a preferred account.

I found I had to rearrange my interface bars back to the way I liked them

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I mean, I only have twelve characters so far, but still...

If it was me, once I went preferred I wouldn't log into the game until I subscribed again. This way I could hopefully avoid any of the issues that could arise, though I'm not sure if that would work or not.

That actually sounds like a decent idea. It'll only mean not playing for a few days, so I'ma do that, and see what happens.

Thanks for all the info, folks! Much appreciated.

That actually sounds like a decent idea. It'll only mean not playing for a few days, so I'ma do that, and see what happens.

Thanks for all the info, folks! Much appreciated.

When you come back to subscriber please update this thread on if my idea worked or not as I may have to do that within the next month or two for a short period of time. :eek:

Only allowed two crew skills/character (I don't remember if this will cause you to automatically drop a crew skill)
I believe all 3 skills will be "inactive" and you will need to choose which two to "activate". You won't lose the 3rd skill, but you will be unable to use it until you subscribe again and "activate" it.

Similarly, depending on how many characters you have, you may not be able to play all of them while you are preferred. You will need to choose which ones to "activate", and the rest will be "inactive" until you subscribe again.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

They once gave an award to those who always have been subscribers, so if you let your subscription lapse, you will permanently lose the chance of getting any such rewards in the future.

And the subscription is for 30 days, not a month. So it will move about the calendar on its own. Wheather you do this or not.

They once gave an award to those who always have been subscribers, so if you let your subscription lapse, you will permanently lose the chance of getting any such rewards in the future.

And the subscription is for 30 days, not a month. So it will move about the calendar on its own. Wheather you do this or not.

I don't have a choice; I need to change my billing date.

So oh, well. I guess I'll miss-out if they ever decide to grant that reward again.

And my subscription has, so far, renewed on the same day each month. It hasn't moved around.

I don't have a choice; I need to change my billing date.

So oh, well. I guess I'll miss-out if they ever decide to grant that reward again.

And my subscription has, so far, renewed on the same day each month. It hasn't moved around.

It moves one day earlier in the month each time there's a month with 31 days, and one or two days later each March, depending on if it is a leap year.

I believe all 3 skills will be "inactive" and you will need to choose which two to "activate". You won't lose the 3rd skill, but you will be unable to use it until you subscribe again and "activate" it.

Correct. Well, you can also use the "extra crew skill slot'" unlock while you are not subscribed to be able to reactivate it.

• 2 weeks later...
When you come back to subscriber please update this thread on if my idea worked or not as I may have to do that within the next month or two for a short period of time. :eek:

I've done what you described and it worked just fine. You don't actually lose anything, you just become restricted to certain things in the game. Once you've subscribed again, everything returns to normal.

Done!

I resisted the urge to log-in during the several days that I was unsubscribed, and resubbed this morning.

Everything was as I left it (crew skills, UI settings, etc.).