LF Official Word on "Grey Rewards"

bChura

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes! thats why leia called him a scruffy nerfherder.

I think we have different ideas of what being wishy washy means. Han is his own person who knows what he wants, though what he wants changes throughout the trilogy. It makes for an interesting character and story arc.

I think we have different ideas of what being wishy washy means. Han is his own person who knows what he wants, though what he wants changes throughout the trilogy. It makes for an interesting character and story arc.

yeah he changes cause he realized he was becoming a wishy washy chump.

for the hundredth time. there is an infinite number of dark/light side points in the game. you can play however you like without any repercussions.

Is not true that you can play without any repercussions. There is gear right now that my character cannot use due to some dark side choices (that are completely consistent with her identity as a smuggler) if I wanted to use it, I would have to put in more effort to grind alignment points. That is a repercussion- though I don't mind it. Repercussions are good and give choices meaning. However, if there is no downside to always choosing the light, then the choice becomes meaningless. I keep choosing as I want to for my character on the belief that Bioware will eventually put grey gear in, or do something at least to represent the characters that land somewhere in the middle.

If I become convinced that they aren't going to do this, then I will turn back on the light/dark indicator and start spacing through the dialog, always making light side choices, because why should I take on the repercussions of making role playing decisions, and what is the point of wading through all the voice acting if I'm not going to interact with it?

Apparently it is too difficult to implement. Dont see how, just throw in a 3rd ****** vendor with some ****** useless gear and a ****** recoloured mount.

Easy to tier it aswell,

Always between -999 and 999 for neutral. Just tier it based on how much light/dark points you have total.

EASY, dont know why it is so difficult, coming to think that everyone at bioware is incompetent.

yeah he changes cause he realized he was becoming a wishy washy chump.

There is nothing wishy washy about Han in the beginning. He is very clear on his identity and what he wants out of life.

The only thing you could consider wishy washy is that he starts making self-sacrificing decisions later on, which is different from his original set of choices at the beginning of the trilogy.

I think the stumbling point here is that I define wishy washy as being indecisive and inconsistent. Having a different sense of morality than others is not being indecisive- it is just making different choices than others feel you should make. My smuggler is very consistent in her choices- she always works out of self interest but doesn't enjoy causing others unnecessary pain, and she'll even help out a worthy cause or helpless person in need because it brings her a sense of fulfillment.

If your view of wishy washy means somehting else, then I guess we just have a problem of definitions.

And really, some of the "light" choices I disagree with myself, and I don't find that to be wishy washy. Just a different belief of what is good than what is presented in this video game.

Apparently it is too difficult to implement. Dont see how, just throw in a 3rd ****** vendor with some ****** useless gear and a ****** recoloured mount.

Easy to tier it aswell,

Always between -999 and 999 for neutral. Just tier it based on how much light/dark points you have total.

EASY, dont know why it is so difficult, coming to think that everyone at bioware is incompetent.

I'm fairly sure it's because of the restriction..

usually something 'not for light I and above' bla bla bla or 'needs light III or below' bla bla bla..

maybe it actually .is. difficult to program items with two restrictions (not for light I and above + not for dark I and below)

Edited by amnie

Grey has its own reward already. Currently there are 5 types of alignment gear ingame:

- gear requiring no alignment

- gear requiring a specific LS rank (e.g. Light V)

- gear requiring a specific DS rank (e.g. Dark V)

- gear forbidden to Light I and above.

- gear forbidden to Dark I and above.

A pure LS player can only use LS gear and gear forbidden to Dark I; a pure DS player can only use DS gear and gear forbidden to Light I; while a neutral player can use both gear forbidden to Light I and Dark I.

The only non-cosmetic item which requires a high rank of Light or Dark are blue relics. All the best items (i.e. epics) do not require alignment at all. Other than that all Light/Dark players get over neutral players are some titles (Destructive, Loathsome, Honorable and Pure).

Edited by GhoXen

Is not true that you can play without any repercussions. There is gear right now that my character cannot use due to some dark side choices (that are completely consistent with her identity as a smuggler) if I wanted to use it, I would have to put in more effort to grind alignment points. That is a repercussion- though I don't mind it. Repercussions are good and give choices meaning. However, if there is no downside to always choosing the light, then the choice becomes meaningless. I keep choosing as I want to for my character on the belief that Bioware will eventually put grey gear in, or do something at least to represent the characters that land somewhere in the middle.

If I become convinced that they aren't going to do this, then I will turn back on the light/dark indicator and start spacing through the dialog, always making light side choices, because why should I take on the repercussions of making role playing decisions, and what is the point of wading through all the voice acting if I'm not going to interact with it?

right now im darkside 4 and wearing gear with no alignment requirement. maybe isntead of trying to play DnD try playing this bioware game.