The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Direct Purchase Imperial Sentry Armour

Darth_Orias

Hello, everyone!

This is something I, and a lot of people I know, wanted to see introduced in the game for a long time now, so I decided to make a post. Recently we have been getting a lot of Sith and Jedi-inspired armour, a few things for mercenaries and smugglers, and a bunch of items for Republic Troopers. But what has been sorely lacking all over the game’s life span is an accessible Imperial Army armour. It is either requires Collector’s Edition (basic Imperial Trooper armour), locked behind Cartel Market reputation for old crates that not everyone can get and comes with plenty of bright lights (Volatile Shocktrooper) or does not dye that well (Makeb Assault).

So what I would love to see, is a simple, easy-to-get Imperial Soldier armour on the Cartel Market that can be purchased at any point - direct purchase rather than lootboxes. There is an excellent choice present in the game already. This is the armour that Imperial Sentries on Corellia wear:

https://i.imgur.com/AXAN29l.jpg

The best thing about it is that it requires no adjustments (no, seriously, please do not change anything about it) and looks like an immersive armour that any Imperial player could use. It would be an awesome addition for many roleplayers, and just a cool set of armour for people who like Imperial Soldier aesthetics.

I would love this personally. I know we do not have an Imperial Trooper class, but a lot of people do like the Imperial armor aesthetic... the Sith Empire is known as a militaristic state after all. Having an accessible, proper outfit without a ton of flashing lights would be amazing to use on my characters.

This would be great! Just like with the Jedi armours, I feel what lot off people have been missing is this realistic 'standard' look for their characters. Including collector's edition armour was a good step to including this characteristic look but it's really not obtainable anymore at this stage of the game, and Makeb is locked behind reputation grind, not to mention you can't achieve the cool black appearance with how it dyes. Please give us an Imperial armour as a direct purchase!