Masters DataCron and CXP gain (For Eric, Keith)

QuinlanSaathis

For me the Masters Datacron has one purpose and that is not to skip the entire game like some are saying but to play the entire game.

With this change I have incentive to play all the missions on all the planets again as I am gaining CXP for all of them, this is great, as I, like all, wanted to get to lvl70 fast to start earning CXP but I hated the idea of missing all the lvl1-50 content.

However even with all that, CXP gains on basic solo planetary and explore missions are very low. Could we possibly get a bump? I feel with the effort and time it takes to still play through the main story properly, there should be enough CXP in there to reach a decent CXP level before moving into the expansions. Ideally by the end of the content you should be close to a 300 CXP character.

Because of the time involved in this path there is no way the end-gamers will take it up as the most efficient method.

Please consider this change to give the neglected (at the moment) solo'ers a boost.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

Yes, play the entire game and gain CXP levels instead of regular levels for doing it. It's genius! But really it's one of the things that MMOs are doing that piss me off. Step one: Introduce ridiculous and/or tedious game mechanic. Step two: Offer expensive, almost-too-good-to-be-true item to the cash shop to alleviate ridiculous mechanic. Step three: Totally act like it's not deliberate or be completely quiet on the subject. Step four: Profit

How about no tedious game mechanic in the first place? Hmmm? You make it too obvious sometimes, game studios.

Edited by kodrac

Yes play the entire game and CXP levels instead of regular levels for doing it. It's genius! But really it's one of the things that MMOs are doing that piss me off. Step one: Introduce ridiculous and/or tedious game mechanic. Step two: Offer expensive, almost-too-good-to-be-true item to the cash shop to alleviate ridiculous mechanic. Step three: Totally act like it's not deliberate or be completely quiet on the subject. Step four: Profit

How about no tedious game mechanic in the first place? Hmmm? You make it too obvious sometimes, game studios.

This post is about what they can do to CXP to support the solo'ers that might use the Datacron.

Its not a platform to whine about CXP in general.

This method would still be the longest way to get to 300 or close to 300 CXP by far but it would be possible which right now it is not.

This post is about what they can do to CXP to support the solo'ers that might use the Datacron.

Its not a platform to whine about CXP in general.

This method would still be the longest way to get to 300 or close to 300 CXP by far but it would be possible which right now it is not.

It's a public forum. You brought it up. I can whine about it.

Yes, play the entire game and gain CXP levels instead of regular levels for doing it. It's genius! But really it's one of the things that MMOs are doing that piss me off. Step one: Introduce ridiculous and/or tedious game mechanic. Step two: Offer expensive, almost-too-good-to-be-true item to the cash shop to alleviate ridiculous mechanic. Step three: Totally act like it's not deliberate or be completely quiet on the subject. Step four: Profit

I agree. The problem is tedium and recycling are all that's left since the team ain't what it used to be. Also the cycle has repeated itself more times than you can fathom.

Leveling/playing the stories at launch? Massive tedium via all the grind you had to do. 12xp and/or today's rates of XP= tedium removed. Except now we're driving uselessly across desert planets for a couple of mobs and a cutscene. Rinse/repeat. Don't get me wrong, the class stories are awesome and easily the best part of the game, which we now have way better than it used to be. But because the game was designed for them to be surrounded by grind, take that away and the gameplay is pretty barebones.

"Tedium so we farm you" has been here since the beginning. They just traded pure subs for microtransactions. I say they because we made no such trade. Lucky us, we get both:rolleyes:

Edited by CrutchCricket

I would start a new character and reach level 70 on Voss.

Then I'd continue to do every quest on every planet until there are no more quests to do.

Then I'd do all VM Flashpoints until I'd attain T1 gear (or T2 gear via tokens, whichever comes first).

Then I'd do all MM Flashpoints and/or SM Ops until I'd attain the next tier of gear.

Then I'd do SM Ops and/or HM ops until attaining the next tier of gear.

Then I'd do NiM Ops.

Then I'd do GSF and PvP.

Of course I'm not doing any of this until the original Tracer Missile animation is brought back.

I understand that a lot of you have issues with CXP in general but that is NOT what this thread is about.

This thread is to discuss the use of the Datacron to earn CXP from solo planetary play from lvl1 and to earn enough of it to make this a viable progression for a character to get to or close to lvl300

Please stay on topic.

I understand that a lot of you have issues with CXP in general but that is NOT what this thread is about.

This thread is to discuss the use of the Datacron to earn CXP from solo planetary play from lvl1 and to earn enough of it to make this a viable progression for a character to get to or close to lvl300

Please stay on topic.

Has anyone tested what the CXP gains are for story and otherwise "critical" designation missions? I mean if they follow the pattern of XP, exploration missions are next to useless anyway. I wouldn't expect story missions to be 12x the CXP of an exploration mission but I agree they should be higher than an exploration mission.

It's a public forum. You brought it up. I can whine about it.

^^ Not wrong in this point.

I find it tedious when someone starts a thread on a topic and then thinks they can dictate who says what in the thread. When they do it to me, I just pay more attention to the thread and post more in it....so it does not work. :)

For me the Masters Datacron has one purpose and that is not to skip the entire game like some are saying but to play the entire game.

With this change I have incentive to play all the missions on all the planets again as I am gaining CXP for all of them, this is great, as I, like all, wanted to get to lvl70 fast to start earning CXP but I hated the idea of missing all the lvl1-50 content.

However even with all that, CXP gains on basic solo planetary and explore missions are very low. Could we possibly get a bump? I feel with the effort and time it takes to still play through the main story properly, there should be enough CXP in there to reach a decent CXP level before moving into the expansions. Ideally by the end of the content you should be close to a 300 CXP character.

Because of the time involved in this path there is no way the end-gamers will take it up as the most efficient method.

Please consider this change to give the neglected (at the moment) solo'ers a boost.

I agree with you and think this is a good idea. My guess is that before going in and doing all that rework.. they likely wanted to see how people use their characters after they use the datacron (and yes.. I understand you will see that as a chicken and egg problem) ... which is a completely reasonable approach to take for a team that has more things to work on then they have issues. Afterall.. if in fact few players actually want what you want and will actually use it.... it would be wasted studio assets that could be better applied elsewhere.

I encourage you to either have this moved to the suggestion forum (which they do in fact read.... as can be seen by many changes over the years that tie directly back to suggestions submitted), or make a new thread in the suggestion forum (perhaps better as you can very specifically tell them how you would prefer it be implemented if they agree to do so).

Keep in mind.. they ARE changing around some of CXP rewards again in the next patch right? This might already be factored in.. at least for class story arcs (probably not all the side missions... since they have largely not touched them much since they became obsolete for leveling purposes).

Edited by Andryah

Has anyone tested what the CXP gains are for story and otherwise "critical" designation missions? I mean if they follow the pattern of XP, exploration missions are next to useless anyway. I wouldn't expect story missions to be 12x the CXP of an exploration mission but I agree they should be higher than an exploration mission.

Base CXP value for a class mission is 75 CXP, just like a planetary daily heroic. I imagine that the labor involved in making class missions count towards the daily bonus like chapters, or heroics, is far more complicated than anyone assumes. So while it would be nice to see a CXP bonus to class story missions once a week, I won't hold my breath.