KOTFE Chap VIII/IX (Spoilers, obviously)

ScorpioSymbol

So I think I'm somehow getting screwed over, based on other posts and other videos I've seen...

I chose to save Arcann and both he and Senya are fighting with me, but whenever I get Arcann he's a pet, not a companion. He's a dumb pet, with 3 abilities, and no way to heal -- and when he dies, he's just dead (and I get 12 command points for his death).

There's no way for me to add another companion, and is *sounds* like Senya is supposed to be with me too? She shows up in the cut scenes, she talks to us, but she's not actually here...

Suffice to say this made the Vaylin fight impossible without help at the end of Chapter VIII, and now in Chapter IX, Arcann has died fairly early on to just generic damage from enemies, and now I'm alone and can't summon any help or respawn him.

Any help?

If you redeem Arcann he doesn't join you as a summonable companion until the end of Eternal Throne. Until then he joins you and Senya (as your comp) as a puppet. With regard to him dying, he's pretty hearty, and can be healed, so are you running on a higher difficulty?

If you redeem Arcann he doesn't join you as a summonable companion until the end of Eternal Throne. Until then he joins you and Senya (as your comp) as a puppet. With regard to him dying, he's pretty hearty, and can be healed, so are you running on a higher difficulty?

Nope, I'm running in Story mode, Senya isn't showing up as my comp, despite healing/siding with her, it's just giving me puppet Arcann :/

Even with Senya as a healer comp, Arcann should be able to be healed unless you and Arcann are under substantial attack at the same time, even a player healer would baulk at those odds at splitting the healing load and running into energy issues later on and worse the healer is also being attacked and the first instinct a player and npc healer does is to heal themselves first which puts the others at risk of death a lot sooner between the ability rotations, cooldowns and the split focus.

what would help is using the special abilities Arcann has during the fights to support him and getting comp gifts for Senya to increase her ability to be even more useful.

Edited by Celise

More specifically, Senya is still sitting in the "contacts" section, with no option to summon her, despite the interactions window saying:

"Senya recovered from her coma and has rejoined the Alliance-and her healed ons, Arcann-to join the fight against the Eternal Empire."

and she talks to me during the missions, as though she's travelling with me, but there's no companion, no model. (she also appears in the cut scenes.)

More specifically, Senya is still sitting in the "contacts" section, with no option to summon her, despite the interactions window saying:

"Senya recovered from her coma and has rejoined the Alliance-and her healed ons, Arcann-to join the fight against the Eternal Empire."

and she talks to me during the missions, as though she's travelling with me, but there's no companion, no model. (she also appears in the cut scenes.)

i sometimes have issues with comps disappearing on me, sometimes i need to summon annother comp, doesn't matter which one, and then summon senya again.