Please stop automatically starting Eternal Throne at the end of Fallen Empire

Claybmt

Just finished the last chapter of The Fallen Empire and was ready to log for the night when I was automatically thrown into Chapter 1 of Eternal Throne. I would have preferred the option of starting Eternal Throne at my convenience when I was ready instead of being forced into starting it at the end of my playing session. Thank you.

Clay

The "natural" place to do the Star Fortress missions is right after Chapter IX of KotFE. But of course you get the opening cinematic of Chapter X then you are deposited on Zakuul in an open (non-instanced) area, and you can just go off to do whatever you want. Press Play on the mission log on-screen to resume the Chapter.

But yeah, the end of KotFE dumping you straight into KotET is annoying.

I would honestly love it, if it stopped after every chapter...unless you are trapped at the end of a chapter, then it automatically begins the next.

Cause, i missed out on doing the battle station things...due to this problem.

I forgot about these things until recently, had that thing been in orbit of Voss when I started KOTET, I can't help but think it would of gone differently. :eek:

You can hit escape right after the next chapter title appears in the cut scene. But this doesn't always solve the problem. If you want to do an alliance alert and have to go into the war room or base and that is also the trigger for the chapter, the chapter launch will override anything else. There should always be a clickable launch point, IMO ... an NPC or console in a room.

I'm pretty sure originally, there was.

I'd expand this to ask that the chapters don't auto-start for either KOTET or KOTFE unless you check a box or something.

I would modify that and say "Chapters from KotFE X onwards". KotFE I to IX were released together, and make a lot of sense to do "together", whereas from there on the breaks are more evident.

I would modify that and say "Chapters from KotFE X onwards". KotFE I to IX were released together, and make a lot of sense to do "together", whereas from there on the breaks are more evident.

I do tend to play those 9 chapters back to back because it seems to be the only way the Lana romance flags are set, but it's still an undertaking of many hours, and some people might want a break in there.

I do tend to play those 9 chapters back to back because it seems to be the only way the Lana romance flags are set, but it's still an undertaking of many hours, and some people might want a break in there.

It takes about 5-6 hours on a non-stealther if you watch all the cinematics (i.e. I've done it twice, which is three times too many). It isn't actually necessary to play straight through in one sitting, though.

Although there have been a few people disputing it, the key point seems to choose your time so that there isn't an actual patch after you start Chapter III and before you reach the cantina in Chapter IX.

And allegedly it is possible to restore broken romance flags. If you reach *that* dialogue wheel and there is just the option to speak to one of them, and no option to [Flirt] speak to one of them, press Esc, and replay Chapters III to VIII, possibly on a different difficulty level. (Spacebar through the cinematics and it will take a lot less time.)

At least Theron's flirts all come during Chapter IX itself, so can't as such be interrupted by a patch so easily.

It takes about 5-6 hours on a non-stealther if you watch all the cinematics (i.e. I've done it twice, which is three times too many). It isn't actually necessary to play straight through in one sitting, though.

Although there have been a few people disputing it, the key point seems to choose your time so that there isn't an actual patch after you start Chapter III and before you reach the cantina in Chapter IX.

And allegedly it is possible to restore broken romance flags. If you reach *that* dialogue wheel and there is just the option to speak to one of them, and no option to [Flirt] speak to one of them, press Esc, and replay Chapters III to VIII, possibly on a different difficulty level. (Spacebar through the cinematics and it will take a lot less time.)

At least Theron's flirts all come during Chapter IX itself, so can't as such be interrupted by a patch so easily.

I think you could *probably* play chapters 1 and 2 on their own and then do 3-9 in one sitting/before a patch and still be safe, seeing as there aren't any flirts in the first two chapters. With Lana if the romance flag is screwed up you actually know in Chapter 8, because you don't get the kiss before the player leaves for the Scions. I've never romanced Koth so I don't know if this is true for him, but I am guessing that if the flag was wrong you wouldn't see the kiss for him when he rescues you in C8.

I've been told that if you get there and don't have that flirt correctly, you should ESC and play 3-8 again, but I think that would take a loooong time (even though there aren't any hard fights in those chapters).

Theron's flirts/romance flag is a lot easier in that regard, yes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.