Neeed urgent help

efes

I had crashes time to time when fast travel or landing on a planet. When a map loads mostly. But game was playable. After update almost every time when a conversation begins, game crashes ,I have a ati Radeon hd 4800 . asked around online a bit and a few people said that updating the graphics card driver can fix it, I tried update the graphic card driver and my pc is kind of dead now. After update driver some errors and a sudden reboot and Windows recovery screen on boot. Had to load the last best working backup. Pc opened successfully but , when ever a process required graphic card process, gave me errors and after a another reboot, pc won't open anymore:(

I talked to a friend and he said that I should remove graphic card, rams and the bios battery. And put everything back and the pc should boot normally. After that, deleting all graphics card drivers and let Windows automatically find and install the driver.

Is this the proper way ? I want to play swtor again

As usual (thanks OwenBrooks) try and delete (purge) the game's cache.

Just in case delete the file called diskcachearena at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor

Also, disable stuff like grass animation in preferences. Some planets like Alderaan will kill your graphics card !

As for the GC, a rollback to previous driver has also worked for me.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Not really much to add about the problems with your game but I wanted to add that what your friend said about letting Windows choose the driver is very wrong.

When windows installs a driver for any device it is almost always for basic use only. For a graphics card you should ALWAYS use the manufacturers driver!

:mad:If i manage the pc work again after take out and putting back the graphics card ram and bios battery, how to purge the corrupted driver files and reset the graphics card ? I know noob questions but forgot some stuff over time. And if everything works i have again the black borders on screen again with 1920x1880 resolution, with a little tweak on regedit can be fixed too . The problem is that there is no Windows 10 driver's for the hd 4800. I will use amd's auto installer program then ,because catalyst does not work on windows10, i have make the installer Windows 7 capability ,and it' complete installation with errors and no catalyst visible. I am at work now , when i get home. I will work on it , Edited by efes

Windows 10 really doesn't play well with older AMD/ATI graphics cards. At this point, I might suggest an upgrade as the HD 4800 is nearly ten years old now. PC hardware, especially gaming related hardware, tends to require replacement every 3 to 5 years from either wear and tear or simply becoming obsolete. What are your pc's specs (processor, memory, etc), if I may ask?