Assassin going PvP

bokidarkness

If you mostly want to pve on your way 1-50 then Darkness should give you the easiest time. If you'll do a lot of wz while questing I'd suggest Madness, later on Death Field crits can oneshot weak/standard mobs and the spec in general offers more dps than Deception. Although Darkness/Madness 23/0/18 hybrid will also do great both pve and pvp at the same time, though tanking on Assassin gets better over time, so don't expect to be super tough before level 25-30. Edited by Makhbet

I was Madness for awhile but I just couldn't hack it in PvP. Switched to Deception and you just slay people, top of the leader board kill wise and damage wise most of the time. Once you get Assassinate it makes it even more awesome to mow down people.

I'm having loads of fun playing Deception compared to other specs I've used, and better than most of the other saber wielding classes I've tampered with too!

I went pure 'Madness' and can damage hard. However, the down side is that when confronted by Consulars, they just rip me apart with their Kinetic throws. I dont have enough spells to interrupt them so I can die quickly.

Kills, can rank up there but right now I am lvl 44 and looking at moving from Madness to Deception. Its a case of finding what works for your build and ensuring that you have the correct gear to make the impact you need.

I pvp in a PvE tank spec and i freakin love it, it takes ages for them to kill me, huttbal score line here i come baby, There is a viability to go PvP with darkness giving u that little bit more of an edge, and if you're just looking to be the gank in the middle could give a F about the WZ objectives, deception seems to be a very burst dmg pvp spec.

I think Deception has the best tools for pvp, and personally I find it to do better dps than Madness in both pve and pvp. You have superior stealth, a faster cooldown on force cloak, an incapacitate with short cooldown (low strike), and very good burst damage. Madness is rather clunky to play as having to watch DoT timers especially with the current UI is a pain.

Burst is king in pvp.

If you PvP a lot you really want to consider getting the faster refresh Force Speed talent (in the tanking tree) for Huttball + Force Speed breaking movement impair effects talent (same tree), since getting a second Force Speed off could be the difference between scoring or not. Otherwise, there's no real special setup you need to go for PvP versus PvE. If you want to DPS you still get DPS talents, and if you want to tank you still get tanking talents. Of course if you have the 11 point talent that makes Force Speed break impairment effects then you can't get the 31 point talent in the DPS trees so you've to decide if the tradeoff is worth it. Edited by Astarica