I was here for launch got bored am back and lost

Oldhip

I am currently running with a trooper gunnery. I was just laughed at because I have no mods in my gear. I am currently at level 68 and I am so damn lost it's really not funny.

I have searched, looked, for information and I really can not find any recent info for this.

I have no clue what mods, enhancement to get for my gear. And I am unable to find anything online that makes it any easier. So I thought I would come here, before I just quit the game once and for all.

Can anyone direct me please?

At your fleet they're vendors that can sell you mods and enhancements. Mods and enhancements can also be found at planets and the GTN. Once you hit 70 you will also get gear with mods already in it that is pretty decent from command packs. Edited by SkippytheMaker

I have no clue what mods, enhancement to get for my gear.

The easiest place to get mods is on the fleet (from modification vendors). "Mods" is a generic term that includes armorings, mods, enhancements, augments and color crystals (and tunings and dye packs).

The main mods you want for your armor are armorings, mods, and enhancements. Color crystals are for your weapons and you don't need to worry about augments yet (if ever). Tunings and dyes are purely cosmetic.

Which mods you get depends upon your role. If you are a tank, you want mods with more endurance (armoriings and mods) and things like 'defence rating' and 'shield rating' (enhancements).

For DPS (and healers) you want armorings and mods with lesser endurance values (compared to tanks) and for enhancements you want a mixture of Accuracy and Critical. The aim is for around 110% accuracy and 30-40% critical. You should also add a bit of Alacrity into the mix. (These percentages may not be achievable at lower levels.)

Disclaimer - I only just got up (out of bed - good morning!) and these things are somewhat a matter of opinion. I'm sure

someone will correct any errors. :)

I level all the way to 70 without any mods or enhancements in the complete leveling gear that was rewarded some time ago. They do have armorings though, as that's where the XP bonus comes from. But they can be used by a level 1 character, so they don't give you very good stats.

But it works fine.

Same here, just returning. Played launch, stopped later..... not sure if i want to make a new lvl 60 character or start from scratch because its been so long.

I'd advise you to start from scratch. You gain a deeper understanding of the class's mechanics that way. :) And levelling's pretty fast nowadays, so you'll be at max level very quickly.

Same here, just returning. Played launch, stopped later..... not sure if i want to make a new lvl 60 character or start from scratch because its been so long.

You can do both. You can start a level 1 character, and then, if and when you feel comfortable, you can start a level 60 or 65. You don't have to limit yourself to one or the other. :)

Pretty much what folks are saying here is spot on. When I came back after being away for about two years, my major questions were the changes to companions and crafting that occurred in 4.0 and 5.0. And I noticed you could no longer purchase purple mods with planetary commendations, as they were both gone.

But as has been said, you can get green mods for your gear at the fleet for various levels, in increments of about four levels, roughly. Blue mods can be found on the GTN, or if you have a cybertech, make them. Synthweaving and Armortech will get you the versatile and resistive armorings, respectively.

To install modes, just ctrl-right click on an adaptive armor piece (make sure your inventory is open), right click on the pieces you want to install and then click the apply button at the bottom of the armor dialog box.

After you install mods, you should notice that things you attack will tend to die faster. :)