Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

This is what I'm doing. I keep watching for FedEx. I paid for express shipping though, and I was charged on 12/11 so it should have been here by now if they really shipped when we were charged.

sinking feeling the charges will not charge, and the pending charge fall off like everyone else....and it didnt ship.

I want to strangle someone over this mess I swear.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if this will make anyone feel any better, it made me feel kinda better, but...

ive been asking some people if theyve ever preordered a special edition of a game from walmart. just to know if their game didnt ship until the actual release date, or if it got to their house on the release date.

i know swtor is kind of a special case b/c of being so close to the holidays, but i have a friend who told me he preorderd the CE for wow cataclysm from walmart and he got his game the morning of the intended release date even though the website said it wouldnt be shipped until that date.

i'm hoping that maybe the website saying it wont be shipped until the 20th is just the default status they give to all items that arent available to buy yet and that we might actually get the game on that date like my friend did with cataclysm.

kind of a stretch but im trying to be optimistic...

As have I. I am, also, ignored. I have branched out my tweet list to more than just SR and SWTOR to other "community" personnel...still no response.

Honestly, I don't expect them to respond because that would open them up to the more important questions: Why renig on GP and what, exactly, are you going to do to make this situation, that YOU (BW) created, right for your customers?

By ignoring it, they get to escape the tough questions.

I have been tweeting them links to this thread as well. It's a shame if someone doesn't reply. Even if it's to let us know that they hear our concerns. I mean, at this point we don't even know if we're getting a game.

Me: So is WalMart going to be able to pull the funds in my account when they go to ship it.

PayPal: Yes. And the extra 2 dollars will be taken from your banking account.

Me: ... Wait, what? Shouldn't they just be charging me for the money they refunded?

PayPal: ... Yes, but usually the process is to recharge the initial amount. It's pretty much up to WalMart, but I wanted to give you a heads up.

Me: ... So call WalMart again?

PayPal: Unfortunately. Everything on our side is good to go, though.

Can't decide if this is good or bad... PayPal was more helpful than... anyone else??

This is what I'm doing. I keep watching for FedEx. I paid for express shipping though, and I was charged on 12/11 so it should have been here by now if they really shipped when we were charged.

All charges to our cc are actually just a hold. The actual charge will go through when they ship the game. You will then get an email with your tracking number. No walmart CE orders have shipped yet. Nor will they until 12/20/2011 unless BW/EA and walmart fix this issue.

I have been tweeting them links to this thread as well. It's a shame if someone doesn't reply. Even if it's to let us know that they hear our concerns. I mean, at this point we don't even know if we're getting a game.

an acknowledgment of some kinda would be nice.

"Yes, we are working with walmart to get this sorted out"

or

"No, quit making threads on this."

To leave us in silence is terrible.

All charges to our cc are actually just a hold. The actual charge will go through when they ship the game. You will then get an email with your tracking number. No walmart CE orders have shipped yet. Nor will they until 12/20/2011 unless BW/EA and walmart fix this issue.

Walmart employee who has access to "inhouse" customer service was posting on twitter the charges on the weekend were actually shipping charges, and the game was shipped. He seemed to really know what he was talking about....so I dont know what to think at this point

http://twitter.com/#!/thebog1984

It is being done this way with the Paypal payers because of the cancellation snafu. Make sure you do not remove the money you were refunded from your Paypal account, as that money will be requested by Walmart.com when they bill you for the game when it ships.

The money never hit my Paypal account when it was refunded, they sent it straight back to the bank.

Walmart employee who has access to "inhouse" customer service was posting on twitter the charges on the weekend were actually shipping charges, and the game was shipped. He seemed to really know what he was talking about....so I dont know what to think at this point

and he probably got his early access yesterday and stopped updating. good thing too, he probably has a lot of people angry at him. The internet is a wonderful thing. (last sentence is sarcasm)

an acknowledgment of some kinda would be nice.

"Yes, we are working with walmart to get this sorted out"

or

"No, quit making threads on this."

To leave us in silence is terrible.

That has been the way they have reacted to this from day 1. SR has even thanked players for doing the work of checking into this matter with no official word at all. Now that the amazon shipping has been sorted out, maybe...maybe someone can start on this.

I was billed 12/12, and per my phone call yesterday it hasn't shipped.

I'm guessing not all the CS rep's who work there know what they're talking about and looking at. But I would assume all three I talked to could tell whether or not an order shipped.

The also confirmed that none of the CE's will ship due to a "Relase Hold Date by the manufacturer." So according to Walmart the issue stems from Bioware.

Either he was misinformed by the CS reps there, he called the same phone lines as us, or I was given bad info from three separate employees.

Either way with thousands of orders going through Walmart you would think we'd get some kind of comment or insight from BW, but none so far.

I just checked my card and there is a pending charge for the CE as of 12/11 (ordered Oct 11). I think that is a good sign!

Well Paypal still hasn't done squat with me. So I would bet what your seeing is nothing more then a hold and it will disappear in a day or two when they don't withdraw the money.

Me: So is WalMart going to be able to pull the funds in my account when they go to ship it.

PayPal: Yes. And the extra 2 dollars will be taken from your banking account.

Me: ... Wait, what? Shouldn't they just be charging me for the money they refunded?

PayPal: ... Yes, but usually the process is to recharge the initial amount. It's pretty much up to WalMart, but I wanted to give you a heads up.

Me: ... So call WalMart again?

PayPal: Unfortunately. Everything on our side is good to go, though.

Can't decide if this is good or bad... PayPal was more helpful than... anyone else??

That's helpful and very good to know, thank you. Now, assuming that Walmart does ship on the 20th and they have no issues re-charging to PayPal, we just need to figure out what the devil Bioware is doing about the Grace Period (or lack thereof).

and he probably got his early access yesterday and stopped updating. good thing too, he probably has a lot of people angry at him. The internet is a wonderful thing. (last sentence is sarcasm)

what scares me, is Rockjaw retweeted his stuff, and commented on it....so I hope the Bioware gang doesnt think the problem is solved cause he said it was in this tweets.

Just one more thing to worry about :(

I was billed 12/12, and per my phone call yesterday it hasn't shipped.

I'm guessing not all the CS rep's who work there know what they're talking about and looking at. But I would assume all three I talked to could tell whether or not an order shipped.

The also confirmed that none of the CE's will ship due to a "Relase Hold Date by the manufacturer." So according to Walmart the issue stems from Bioware.

Either he was misinformed by the CS reps there, he called the same phone lines as us, or I was given bad info from three separate employees.

Either way with thousands of orders going through Walmart you would think we'd get some kind of comment or insight from BW, but none so far.

The issue is really with EA. Bioware developed the game, EA is the publisher/distributor. Semantics.

The issue is really with EA. Bioware developed the game, EA is the publisher/distributor. Semantics.

Assuming Walmart hasn't been lying to cover their rear ends on why they haven't shipped. It's better to tell someone that its someone else's fault then to admit it is their own fault for not shipping before the 20th.

I'm in the same boat here. No news. I had hoped when things changed from cancelled to processing that progress was actually being made. Looks like that hope was misplaced.

Well progress was made, in fixing their stupid computer glitch. Just not getting us what we ordered.

Agreed, but potato, potato (you have to read those two differently for that reference to work)

Either way calling Walmart won’t do us any good. This issue is one that needs to be taken care of by Bioware/EA. And frankly put, for release date delivery it’d have to ship today for most places. I’m three days from their delivery center, which means in order to get the product on time I’d need it shipped tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.