Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! All any of us did was go to the main site, see the preorder list and go down it until someone still had the CE in stock! I didn't up and decide to support an 'evil corporation' because I felt like it. It was because - for whatever reason - BioWare/EA decided to give WalMart more preorders than other places and/or no one wanted to order from WalMart in the first place and thus everything else was taken. Sorry I don't just have 150 bucks in disposable income to throw down the moment preorder was announced?

yeah lol.

Origin -- sold out

Amazon -- sold out

Walmart -- ding ding ding. we have a winner. Ordered.

Like what? The authenticator is what...$4 seperately? The statue you would stick on a shelf somewhere and forget about. Other than those two, I the DDE has almost everything the CE does, with the exception of one pet.
Step 1) Go recheck all of what the CE includes as there's more to it than that.

Step 2) leave this thread alone, you're trolling and not helping the topic at hand.

Like what? The authenticator is what...$4 seperately? The statue you would stick on a shelf somewhere and forget about. Other than those two, I the DDE has almost everything the CE does, with the exception of one pet.

Regardless of the point you are trying to make, I want what was promised to me when I ordered it. And yes, some people like having ALL of the little extra stuff.

Step 1) Go recheck all of what the CE includes as there's more to it than that.

Step 2) leave this thread alone, you're trolling and not helping the topic at hand.

Step 1) http://buy.swtor.com/us/

I was talking IN GAME.

And yes, after the first week, who's going to mess with:

The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural

The Old Republic Galaxy Map

Music of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ CD

Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus Statue

Game disks in collectible metal case

High-quality Collector’s Edition Box

Step 2) I'm not "trolling". What's more important...waiting weeks to play so the he can get his collectable metal box, or getting in much sooner sans mouse droid and store?

Regardless of the point you are trying to make, I want what was promised to me when I ordered it. And yes, some people like having ALL of the little extra stuff.

Then you can wait weeks to play so you can get your collectable box.

Me...I'd rather play sooner than wait around for something I'll just throw in a closet anyway...or could pick up on Ebay after the fact if I REALLY wanted it.

But that's just me.

I am just speculating here, but...

People buy more copies of the CE from Walmart than were available from BW to Walmart (most likely an issue with Walmart's online ordering).

BW ships the original number to Walmart's main facility for distribution on the 9th.

Walmart still requires more.

BW has more copies of the CE shipped to Walmart on the 14th. Maybe they had to make more, maybe they have a giant vault where Scrooge McDuck swims through a pool of CE's...

Originally promised EGA still doesn't start till tomorrow.

Step 1) http://buy.swtor.com/us/

I was talking IN GAME.

And yes, after the first week, who's going to mess with:

The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural

The Old Republic Galaxy Map

Music of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ CD

Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus Statue

Game disks in collectible metal case

High-quality Collector’s Edition Box

Step 2) I'm not "trolling". What's more important...waiting weeks to play so the he can get his collectable metal box, or getting in much sooner sans mouse droid and store?

You are obviously not a collector. Also, the in game CE store is still exclusive, your DDE wont cover that.

Step 1)I was talking IN GAME.
The authenticator
The statue
sure you were.

And we should idealy be able to get both. BW has stepped up and pushed Amazon to ship earlier, the folks overseas have their products released tomorrow. Origin offers the codes on the 16th to us orders.

Bioware should step up and do the same for Walmart customers as well.

How are you paying? If it's PayPal it's easy to block the payment. Then just get a return sticker from them if and when the item ever actually shows up.

I've had to do that with crappy retailers before.

You are totally missing the point though. IF they can work with Amazon, the largest online distribution company, and get them to change dates, they can surely do the same for Walmart.

sure you were.

And we should idealy be able to get both. BW has stepped up and pushed Amazon to ship earlier, the folks overseas have their products released tomorrow. Origin offers the codes on the 16th to us orders.

Ok, speaking as someone who works for a company that supplies stuff to WalMart, I can tell you one thing with absolute certainty.

NOBODY pushes WalMart to do anything it doesn't want to do. Because WalMart has the power. If you get uppity with WalMart and it decides not to carry your stuff, that's hundreds of millions in lost revenue, and WalMart will just go to someone else for their stuff.

sure you were.

As someone who is affected by the Walmart issue..

Walmart isn't Amazon. I am 100% certain Bioware IS in talks with the company - but, as the largest Retailer.. Walmart doesn't like to be pushed. At all. They like to be the one doing the pushing. They tend to not only ignore companies that push back, they also mess with them.

Sound familiar?

Edited by Maxlord

Look, we're not whining about Early Access. In fact, no one in this thread is really whining about anything. We're frustrated and tired of dealing with something that should never have been our problem.

It's not a matter of we shouldn't have done x, y, or z. We were told that

• a) there would be a grace period
  • b) you could pre order the CE online and
  • c) BioWare recommends these companies.

How in any logical form does that make WalMart messing things up and thinking they're required to hold something when they're not, a glitch in their system, and BioWare taking no stance to help the situation our fault?

As someone who is affected by the Walmart issue..

Walmart isn't Amazon. I am 100% certain Bioware IS in talks with the company - but, as the largest Retailer.. Walmart doesn't like to be pushed. At all. They like to be the one doing the pushing. They tend to not only ignore companies that push back, they also mess with them.

Sound familiar?

And if I was EA and they chose to mess with me, I would pull ALL EA games from them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.