Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

That doesn't read like an official email from Walmart. The grammar is awful!

Walmart should be getting their shipment today. They may have received it last night actually.

I know a guy who works in their distribution center. He told me last night on vent that they did receive a LOT of ToR related boxes (many of them CEs) yesterday throughout the day.

Take that for whatever its worth.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL The latest in my replies from Wal-Mart via email is just amazing.

I'm going to paste what I asked them in an email,

Hello. I have had so many issues with this order that I'm left just confused as all get out. The order I'm talking about is Star Wars: The Old Republic - Collector's Edition. I pre-ordered it months ago. Your customer service support has given me three different answers all contradicting each others when I've asked for help on this order. I'm not going to list all the problems I've had with it because that would take an hour. Basically right now, my order has been stuck on Processing for the past 5+ days. I finally got billed for it though two days ago. Yet it's still sitting on processing which leaves me puzzled. I HAVE to have this product by December 21st and was told I would have had it delivered to me by then. However since I can't even tell if it's shipped or not yet it leaves me highly confused. One customer service rep told me that I was supposed to pick it up at the store on Dec 29th which is totally wrong. I did NOT order site to store. I ordered delivery and paid for fast delivery as you can see by the amount I paid. Then another customer service rep tells me the item is sold out which makes no sense. I pre-ordered it months ago and was just billed for it. And the guy before him told me I WOULD get it. So I need to get a status update and soon on this. I have NEVER had an issue like this before and I'm so damn confused by all the different replies received by your customer service reps. So basically my question is, What the heck is going on with my order? When will it be delivered to me? Will be it be delivered by the 21st like promised? The order number is ---- and the item in question again is, Star Wars: The Old Republic - Collector's Edition. I'm literally begging you guys at this point for a real reply telling me what is going on because so far all the replies have been vague or wrong

I thought this time I explained myself well enough and I'd get a halfway decent reply. Did I though? HELL NO. This reply is the worst. It's like they are mocking me. They don't even bother to reply themselves, they just paste their 'automated' reply (22 hours later by the way so its not really automated).

Heres their reply to me:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com.

We are sending you this automated response to help you with your question.

Site to Store orders typically take 1-2 days to process, and usually arrive at the store 5-8 business days after processing is complete. When your order is ready to be picked up, you'll receive an email or a text message, depending on your preference settings, letting you know.

Once you receive your Ready for Pick Up notification you can go to the Walmart.com Services/Site to Store pickup area (usually located inside and towards the back of the store). However, if your order includes a jewelry item, you can pick up your entire order at the Jewelry counter. You do not need to go to the regular Walmart.com Services/Site to Store pickup area.

To pick up your order you will need:

· A valid photo ID

And one of the following:

· A printed copy of your Ready for Pick Up email or,

· Your Ready for Pick Up Text message or,

· Your order number

You will be required to sign for your order when you pick it up.

I just don't even...............................

You guys missed out on the CE's that Amazon had for sale yesterday for a short time. Now I get my CE on the 16th.

I also have a order for a CE with Walmart that I have been trying to cancel. But they won't let me. Guess when they go to bill my credit card and find that I already spent the money at Amazon, they will cancel my order.

Not all of us missed it.

Not sure how useful this info will be given all of the conflicting reports out there but:

I just called Walmart regarding my CE order (which is still showing as processing) and the CS person I talked to said that the order status should change to "shipped" on Dec. 19th and that the order should arrive on the 20th (I only had standard shipping for anyone interested). This was based on a note attached to the order that the CS person read. However, there was also an earlier note that mentioned the order would arrive on Jan. 11th. I am obviously hoping for the former date lol. I guess I will find out in the next few days.

Have fun out there!

Looks like I missed the latest round of Amazon pre-orders again. Bummer.

Bioware, can you please intercede on our behalf and speak with Walmart to find out what the hell is going on? It's useless for us to continue to communicate with their customer service, who clearly is misinformed. This needs to be escalated and we have no way to escalate it.

Edited by IlexGlabra

Just got the cancelation notice from Walmart.

And Amazon shows as shipping today :)

Same here. Walmart was actually telling me that my card was not working and so after three days it just cancelled today. Amazon sent me an email saying my other CE order has shipped and they were able to bill me just fine so F U Walmart. Walmart was my backup - ironic that it was the one with the most issues.

Welp today I saw on my bank that Wal-Mart put the $162.00 back in my account so I guess I'm not getting it after all which is fine by me now. I told them to cancel it for good as well just now.

I just went and bought the origin digital deluxe edition and I'm fine with that. Too much stress with all these walmart problems.

Welp today I saw on my bank that Wal-Mart put the $162.00 back in my account so I guess I'm not getting it after all which is fine by me now. I told them to cancel it for good as well just now.

I just went and bought the origin digital deluxe edition and I'm fine with that. Too much stress with all these walmart problems.

Looks like my funds were just released from holding as well, without an actual charge placed, unless that charge shows up this afternoon, I imagine this is probably a bad thing. I missed the Amazon CEs last night because I was still at work (which is also keeping me from my early access today), hoping I can find another source today when I get out again, or maybe over lunch.

As far as I can tell, Walmart is the last retailer BW and EA have failed to make any progress with, Amazon and Gamestop are now both shipping for gameday release. I'm pretty bummed.

Just wanted to add my voice to the throngs of concerned CE customers who pre-ordered from Walmart wondering if Bio/EA is addressing our worries.

I want to keep this on the front page, and let someone know that we pre-ordered this game, and spent a hefty amount of money to do so, so please, at least acknowledge us, let us know you at least hear us!

SR just retweeted Ray Muzyka, saying that there would be a 48 hour grace period for the game. 48 hours...

He is also continuing to say that retailers are going to start shipping tomorrow...

Well, that's (somewhat) comforting provided the only issue is the shipping date, now I just have to worry about whether or not Walmart is actually going to give me what I ordered at all.

Thanks for the update!

Agreed, however if they don't ship these until 12/20 there's still going to be issues as many didn't use expedited shipping due to the original thought of a grace period.

We'll see.

I'd still like them to get ahold of walmart and get a definite answer on when they'll be shipping.

After over 24 hours I finally got a human response to my 4th mail.

Here is the relevant parts

Your order is due to ship on 12/23/2011 and should be received on 12/29/11.

Unacceptable

If they don't have it shipped prior to the 20th I will see if my local Walmart or Gamestop have a CE in stock and then cancel my Pre-order. If they don't want to cancel that's their tough luck.

When the pre-order is placed, there is an authorization placed on the method of payment to guarantee the legitimacy of the order. As pre-orders are normally placed well in advance, the authorization falls off quite some time before the merchandise ships.

They don't know that Paypal does not work like a Credit Card. They can't do an authorization for Paypal like they would a Credit Card.

Edited by APhantasm

I went ahead and ponied up for a second copy of the CE off Gamestop in anticipation of Walmart cancelling my order. If they don't I will. Personally, I'd love to get the $10 they got for my preorder code back as well, but give how poorly they've treated us so far, I doubt any amount of indignation will affect that outcome.

If they can't fulfill it, I wish they would go ahead and cancel it instead of repeatedly billing and releasing my funds.

Also, this thread has almost reached 40 pages, yet not a single moderator of BW employee has posted in it. What's going on that we don't know about, BW?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.