Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*snip* so don't trust any of the crap they tell you.

I can vouch for that comment. I have also worked in call centers. Verizon Wireless to be exact, or rather not.. Verizon wireless outsources customer service to call center companies & the one I worked for was everything that meelays has said. 9 times out of 10, they know nothing.

Really? is it just this item they wont ship to a PO box? I have had things mailed to me to an APO box when I was overseas from Amazon.

Yeah it looks like just this item as I have ordered other things from Amazon in the past and they shipped to my PO box.

I would just about bet its how their shipping them. If their shipping Fedex or UPS then those shippers generally won't ship to a PO box.

Edited by APhantasm

From what has been said you can put in a request, which may not be honored. The best bet is that you'll need to just return it to a store when it arrives.

You can return Walmart online purchases to a physical Walmart store? That makes it much easier to just order a second copy, having to mail it back, I'd be afraid I wouldn't get around to it forever.

Amazon and a few other stores have the CE in stock right now. I just got release day (the 16th) delivery of a new CE.

More Info:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=221665

What's the catch for release-date delivery? Am I signing up for some monthly free shipping thing and I end up spending more money? I don't see any details about this anywhere.

EDIT: Oh and, thanks for the Amazon link as well, I won't take my money to Wal-Mart ever, again.

Edited by ManWithNoHands

You can return Walmart online purchases to a physical Walmart store? That makes it much easier to just order a second copy, having to mail it back, I'd be afraid I wouldn't get around to it forever.

On the walmart order page it there will be a link to return friendly invoice. print it out and take that in to the local walmart

What's the catch for release-date delivery? Am I signing up for some monthly free shipping thing and I end up spending more money? I don't see any details about this anywhere.

EDIT: Oh and, thanks for the Amazon link as well, I won't take my money to Wal-Mart ever, again.

it didn't sign me up for any monthly thing. Release date delivery is typical for high profile items.

Looks like Amazon got a few extra CE versions. Was just able to order one (but only one since they are limiting everyone to one copy) for free (with Prime) shipping with delivery on Friday.

Hopefully my Walmart order will still arrive sooner rather than later because I want to get my wife playing and being able to give her the copy with the figurine, etc. would make a nice incentive. :)

I can see it... but I can't get it... ಥ_ಥ

Congratulations to everyone else who manages to pull away from WalMart :(

Understandably frustrating. This now puts walmart on my list of places to avoid preordering games from. Along with gamestop, which has burned me 3 times on collectors edition games. twice online and once at a physical gamestop retailer. Looks like Amazon will be the last bastion of hope for future games.

Looks like Amazon got a few extra CE versions. Was just able to order one (but only one since they are limiting everyone to one copy) for free (with Prime) shipping with delivery on Friday.

Hopefully my Walmart order will still arrive sooner rather than later because I want to get my wife playing and being able to give her the copy with the figurine, etc. would make a nice incentive. :)

shipping is free still if you pick release day shipping. and you dont need amazon prime, unless you had it already.