Suggestion for more aggressive release of existing player names

Stellarcrusade

I am suggesting that we give another perk to subscribers over FTP/Preferred players because there are too many free players who are reserving names. To keep a name you should have to either play once every 60 days or be a subscriber. This gives addl incentive to subscribe and gives reasons for idle players to keep coming back more often. We can do this in such a way that they ONLY lose their name if someone tries to take it, specifically as follows:

ANY non-sub character not logged in for 60 days can keep their name only so long as no-subscriber tries to take it. Basically making the name available to a subscriber if they want it. This would help keep ppl logging in more often also. Really, subs are paying customers, why are free players who do not even log in get to reserve these names, its dumb. Btw, we can make the once in 60 day requirement be an account wide thing, so they wouldn't have to log EVERY character in every 60 days, but at least log SOMETHING in.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

Well, there is this thing called real life, sometimes it happens people have to leave the game for a EX amount of time and if that time doesnt take them over the 1 year or 18 month period then they should have their names still be there when they get back. Or what ever a persons reasoning is for leaving?

I think currently BW allows up too a year and if that account hasnt logged in, then they wipe that account out, freeing up any and all names that was attached to that account. ( dont quote me on that, seems like i read that here on the forum. )

Now i think an automatic out of game email should be sent to you every 3 months reminding you to see the forum and check a box or something to let BW know that you are still an active player. You might not be a regular every day or even weekly player any more but still do play. if you are going to leave the game for good and never come back, then if you dont check that box on the forum under your account info. Then a automatic deletion of your account will accrue after 1 notification was sent to your out of game email. Saying something like: You haven't logged in, in 3 months and BW takes that as your done with the game. You'll now have just 48 hours to CHECK IN or after 48hrs your account will be deleted. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

Now actually if a system was implemented like that would be better then waiting for a year to go by before BW takes any action.

Just my ideas and my opinion, that it may be the best way and fairest way to keep the flow of names available.

Of course you can just take a little time and come up with a unique and imaginative Name. Look up the name you like under a different language see what it looks like. I have taken a name and seen how the Latin version of the name was spelled, & liked it better then the English version, but thats just me. I have 12 characters all their names Derives from 1 name that i got several different versions of that 1 name from other languages. Also see if that word has several meanings to it, make a name out of those meanings. Just ideas for ya.

Ok ill shut up now......

If by chance you like that Check box idea, take it run with it try to get BW to implement it or some version of that format...

take care & be well....

You actually propose something much more drastic and punishing to those who leave and come back than I do. You are talking about account deletions. All I suggest is that if you simply cannot take 2 seconds to log on once every couple of months on any 1 character you have, then your name is subject to be taken by an active paying player. That's not a guarentee that you'll lose your name, quite the opposite, it may be rare to lose your name unless you have some really common name that everyone wants. And if you do, you can decide to spend that 2 seconds every couple months or you do not deserve it in the first place. Let someone who actually logs on use the name, how about that? Exactly what good is a name on a character who doesn't play?

Really, we are just talking about a name here. A character name. Your point SHOULD be, with all the special characters and such that can be used, if you lose your name due to inactivity, YOU can be the one to re-name it using special characters (if you ever return). The whole point, is to lean service towards the paying customer here. If you simply cannot be bothered spending 2 seconds every 60 days on a game, you have no business worrying about if your precious name is subject to a chance of getting taken from you. Simply put.

Lets face it, most players who go idle for over 60 days probably NEVER return. A small percentage do, but someone who leaves a game for that long should be happy as heck that his account hasn't been removed. A character name is the least of his/her concerns.

Edited by Stellarcrusade