Some guild names were spoiled after merge

JessieStar

Some guilds names were spoiled by adding suffix @ old_server_name to guild's name. Is this gonna be fixed somehow? We want to have our oud guild's name back. We have always been playing on one server, and none of the GMs have ever created any guild with our name on other servers. And we don't want ro loose guild name because of robbery. I am pretty certain 'fake' guild was created just recently to cause us problems, or maybe some web crawler bot was creating fake guilds which bwa was not even aware about. And I have wasted 900CC and bought guild rename item, hoping to make guild name as it always was and it doessn't work as game says the name already exists (CC wasted...) Edited by JessieStar

Don't assume malice. What it means is that one of the other servers with which yours was merged had a guild with the same name. It doesn't mean anyone deliberately created a guild with that name to obstruct you. (Nobody has anything to gain by doing this except the malicious pleasure of bothering you. That sort of malice is pretty rare.)

Yours (coming from the mythical server "Force Wizards") will be "Not a victim of Malice @ Force Wizards" and the other one (coming from the equally mythical server "Korriban Academy") will be "Not a victim of Malice @ Korriban Academy". But in both cases the "true" name of the guild is "Not a victim of Malice", so of course you can't rename it to that. It already *is* that.

On the other hand, there was only one guild among the French servers called "Flying Sheep", so there's no @ suffix.

If you really, really don't want the @ suffix, use that rename token to change the name to something unique (but similar). Add "The" at the beginning if that fits, or take it away if it is already there, or ... something. Use your imagination.

tldr. The @ OldServer suffix is not part of the name. It is there to show which "Not a victim of Malice" this person belongs to.

hahaha, the "funniest" thing is that even after I renamed guild ("tnx" bwa for forcing us to change our guild's name and spend CC on rename token...), suffix "@ old server name" is still visible in guild's window... Edited by JessieStar

hahaha, the "funniest" thing is that even after I renamed guild ("tnx" bwa for forcing us to change our guild's name and spend CC on rename token...), suffix "@ old server name" is still visible in guild's window...

They did *NOT* "force" you to do this.(1) You *CHOSE* to do it.

(1) If they sent a goon round to your house with a baseball bat and an Uzi to menace you until you bought the things, you should be complaining to the police, not to the forums.

Per the post at this link

The server tag will automatically be removed once no other guild has the same name.

Dont forget the 70% discount on renames ends on 16 Nov 17

LOL, but the bug is that after changing guild's name (renaming) tag does not get removed in guild's window - it disappears from nameplates, but it stays in guild's window...

Edited by JessieStar

LOL, but the bug is that after changing guild's name (renaming) tag does not get removed in guild's window - it disappears from nameplates, but it stays in guild's window...

Yup. Just checked on a guild of mine (for reasons my character is leader, even though it was a long-established guild before I ever joined it) that did not have a duplicate name at server merge time. No @ thing in its guild window.

Bug.