The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New star wars tv series announced

annabethchase

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/

So far no details on content, time frame, characters etc. It is live action though!

What would be your ideal storyboard?

Mine would be a First Order driven show. I'd start from the point Aftermath novels leave off. No spoilers here for that novel, but it would be a good jumping off spot for a TV show about the foundations of the First Order. The big reveal of Snoke's identity would probably be the biggest moment for the show. Then with however many seasons are after that point they can really drive up the characters that appear in Ep9 (and beyond?)

Edited by annabethchase

so only 1 other person cares about a new TV series? How is this not exciting?

Mostly because right now there is no information at all on it:

Target audience, showrunner, themes, length, budget. We know nothing. Kinda hard to be hyped right now, but I know I'll probably be once we know more.

Mostly because right now there is no information at all on it:

Target audience, showrunner, themes, length, budget. We know nothing. Kinda hard to be hyped right now, but I know I'll probably be once we know more.

It's going to be on a paid service so I can't imagine it's not at least a Teen or higher rating.

I view the minimum level of quality as the Marvel's Defenders, but I am envisioning something far higher since it's the launch pillar for this new viewing platform.

I am hopping for more of an underworld type of story filled with smugglers and bounty hunters, hutts, crime syndicates. Lots of cool stories that could be told there. Smugglers working for the rebellion dodging imperials and bounty hunters and bounty hunters trying to hunt down these smugglers for a big payday. Lots of awesome stories that could be told.

The Era from what i seen on this, TOR, why the TOR? Well skies the limit on the stories that can be told with out stepping on the toes of any thing doing with original SW story or its Prequels & as well as with the new film trilogy already in the works when the Sky Walker story is done after SW Ep09. This Live Tv series most likely will drop spring of 2019.

So the TOR stories can be about Any smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Hutts and of course Jedi & Sith. I mean makes sense do to that era, which was flourishing with Jedi & Sith and planetary wars of small & large proportions. SKIES THE LIMIT.....

May The Force Keep you cool. :cool:

The Era from what i seen on this, TOR, why the TOR? Well skies the limit on the stories that can be told with out stepping on the toes of any thing doing with original SW story or its Prequels & as well as with the new film trilogy already in the works when the Sky Walker story is done after SW Ep09. This Live Tv series most likely will drop spring of 2019.

So the TOR stories can be about Any smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Hutts and of course Jedi & Sith. I mean makes sense do to that era, which was flourishing with Jedi & Sith and planetary wars of small & large proportions. SKIES THE LIMIT.....

May The Force Keep you cool. :cool:

I like this idea. But if not, I would also like something drama themed and not so jedi/sith being so powerful compared to normal beings. Something not so Disney. Perhaps Full Metal Jacket basic training but at the Jedi Academy or Sith Academy.

I think the most LIKELY series we'll get right out of the gate is the one that George had conceived several years ago. He was initially going to develop a live action series (for ABC, I think, but I could be wrong) with the working title of "Underworld." The idea was that it would be set in Coruscant's underworld during the early days of the Empire. I think the project was officially killed in the Disney buyout, but from what I understand, there was some work done on it, and Lucasfilm has a habit of saving EVERYTHING for posterity, meaning that the early preproduction notes are still kicking around somewhere.

I don't know if that's the one I WANT; I don't have a particular setting in mind since I'm pretty much happy to consume any and all that is Star Wars anyway. But that's my guess as to what they're working on.

I like this idea. But if not, I would also like something drama themed and not so jedi/sith being so powerful compared to normal beings. Something not so Disney. Perhaps Full Metal Jacket basic training but at the Jedi Academy or Sith Academy.

See, that's the real question: Will Disney use their streaming service for products geared towards children/teens? Sure, Netflix has had widely successful TV-MA shows, but I think Disney will want to keep Star Wars at 14A, even if it's a strong 14A. Star Wars has, from the very beginning, been about for the kids, and I don't think they'll want to change that.

I think the most LIKELY series we'll get right out of the gate is the one that George had conceived several years ago. He was initially going to develop a live action series (for ABC, I think, but I could be wrong) with the working title of "Underworld." The idea was that it would be set in Coruscant's underworld during the early days of the Empire. I think the project was officially killed in the Disney buyout, but from what I understand, there was some work done on it, and Lucasfilm has a habit of saving EVERYTHING for posterity, meaning that the early preproduction notes are still kicking around somewhere.

I don't know if that's the one I WANT; I don't have a particular setting in mind since I'm pretty much happy to consume any and all that is Star Wars anyway. But that's my guess as to what they're working on.

If so, I hope they'll keep the concept but ditch the script.

Because the origin story of Sheev *Shudders* Palpatine where you learn that he was a good guy who was screwed by an evil woman and he turned evil...

Also, Coruscant might be very expensive to render properly so they might be looking for a lower budget (As in mid-tier, we're still talking about Star Wars) and instead set it on less crowded planet.

See, that's the real question: Will Disney use their streaming service for products geared towards children/teens? Sure, Netflix has had widely successful TV-MA shows, but I think Disney will want to keep Star Wars at 14A, even if it's a strong 14A. Star Wars has, from the very beginning, been about for the kids, and I don't think they'll want to change that.

With the announcement of a LOTR series that is said to be looking for the Game of Thrones crowd, I'm really thinking a Teen type rating for this one. So like Stranger Things in tone maybe.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9471297

I hope the series is set in the Old Republic era. It would be interesting to see how they implement the characters in the series while meeting the restraints of the Star Wars lore. If it is in the Old Republic era hopefully it will bring more players to SWTOR.