Do NOT Empty Your Legacy Bank

Foambreaker

Your trust sure isn't based on anything on this company's past performance, from dead hamsters, to rollbacks, to faulty untested patches (4.3.7 followed 2 days later by 4.3.7a, 5.01 followed 3 days later by 5.01a, 5.3 followed 2 days later by 5.3a) but hey...

It'll all be fine. Perfect. No mistakes...trust all you want.

I agree with xordevoreaux on this one. As a Founder that has been around a bit I've seen way too many patches go sideways and this is one of the more major events for Bioware they have done (Merge of multiple servers, Character renaming, Legacy Banks, Strongholds, etc). Just like any major computer related project I suggest people take additional steps to protect or backup what is possible. Cleaning up your own room is part of that event.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, there wasn't a rollback connected to a patch, was it? They were (for us) seemingly randomly appearing and only for a few servers each time. The worst thing I can remember regarding items lost through patches were the matrix cubes a couple years past and even they were returned in a later patch. That's why I would also say that it's mostly paranoia to pull everything out now.

Personally I don't see a reason for me to treat legacy storage any different than personal and inventory storage only because it wasn't around the last merges, so I think items are equally safe or unsafe in either storage option. That's why I even made sure to have all legacy banks on servers I play on stuffed to the maximum capacity and hope that mostly the "right" items will go to the overflow cap. Which is for instance 9999 stacks of crafting mats I only keep around in case I'll need them for a future crafting conquest etc., but don't have to use right now because I also have incomplete stacks of the same materials lying around. Or cartel items I liked the look of but didn't want to complete the set to unlock it in collections, because if anything I'll only use them for a single toon in the future and want to bind it to that one then (the Gav and Jori Daragon chests for example). These two things alone nearly fill a whole legacy bank (2 tabs items, 3 tabs crafting mats), and I have a couple other things that were previously on mule chars, that I likely won't need in the next months or even years and that I therefore put in the legacy storage.

I mean I payed a couple million credits for the legacy tabs on different servers that are now combined, why shouldn't I try to at least gain some of that value back now? I'll use the overflow storage as a container for items I don't need right now but want to keep around because it would be way more expensive to have to buy them off the GTN at a later time when I need them. Therefore I also don't need to sort it out later anyway, because it can just sit there until I really need it.

Even if something goes wrong, I trust Bioware enough to sort things out later on, which would be fine for me. Call me naive, but I have that much trust left.^^

Edited by Cruxa

[Seriously: Who needs more legacy storage beyond a fully expanded legacy bank? I've got every level of crafting materials filling up a bulk of the legacy bank tabs (Stacked) and several complete sets of legacy gear for characters PLUS special currency row (Certs, Helix, etc). If you are a total nut about CM crap to sell then stacking MANY ALTS will fill that capacity as well.

Well, people who have been playing this game since launch and have legacies on all 5 current east coast servers have an awful lot of stuff. There is no way to remove it all and place it on characters since most of their cargo bays are full too and character inventories across the board are half full or better. If I pulled everything out of legacy storage on all those servers, I would have no place to put anything else. As you said, crafting materials fill up several tabs all by themselves, throw in GC Legacy items (all the upgradable gold stuff), other legacy items, companion gifts, planetary gear sets (which are almost impossible to assemble anymore), Cartel market items, and alliance crates (along with a variety of other in game currencies) and you have nowhere to go with it. It's easy for people who have not played that long to say what's the big deal. For a lot of us, that stuff in those bays is what we played the game for and we should not be forced to sell it off just so that some people can have better pop times for their group content.

Feel free to take your chances that legacy bank items will migrate over without a hitch and that overflow will work as advertised. I will expect the best but prepare for the worst and empty it. If you're right then I just wasted a little time, no big deal. You gained your overflow, I still have my stuff. If there is a problem, I still have my stuff and you're waiting for it to be sorted out. It's the same outcome for me either way.

Well, people who have been playing this game since launch and have legacies on all 5 current east coast servers have an awful lot of stuff. There is no way to remove it all and place it on characters since most of their cargo bays are full too and character inventories across the board are half full or better. If I pulled everything out of legacy storage on all those servers, I would have no place to put anything else. As you said, crafting materials fill up several tabs all by themselves, throw in GC Legacy items (all the upgradable gold stuff), other legacy items, companion gifts, planetary gear sets (which are almost impossible to assemble anymore), Cartel market items, and alliance crates (along with a variety of other in game currencies) and you have nowhere to go with it. It's easy for people who have not played that long to say what's the big deal. For a lot of us, that stuff in those bays is what we played the game for and we should not be forced to sell it off just so that some people can have better pop times for their group content.

Ah... Makes sense. I'm a founder and a horrible pack rat myself, but keeping all mats in the legacy bank was only way to keep space open and sanity. I didn't fill up every legacy bank on all servers either so it does make it easier.

I have to agree. These people all have a "The sky is falling" mentality. I trust that things will go well or be sorted out pretty fast.

I don't have a sky is falling attitude.. I am however ex-military and work in technology and know that Murphy's Law rules the world. If nothing happens, great.. But I'm not going to give it a reason to hose me over either.

I don't have a sky is falling attitude.. I am however ex-military and work in technology and know that Murphy's Law rules the world. If nothing happens, great.. But I'm not going to give it a reason to hose me over either.

Funny, I'm ex-military and a software engineer and I am saying: Don't panic and if you have a lot of stuff in more than one legacy don't WASTE this chance to get more storage on FEAR mongering.

Funny, I'm ex-military and a software engineer and I am saying: Don't panic and if you have a lot of stuff in more than one legacy don't WASTE this chance to get more storage on FEAR mongering.

Funny, I'm ex-military and a software engineer as well as a doctor, MMA fighter, lawyer and writer and I am saying: "Hope for the best while preparing for the worst" (I'm also pointing out we can be anything on the internet it seems)

Thats not fear mongering. Thats taking the best course of acting based on the reality of biowares past coding ability and flawed patches. biwoare can rarely produce a patch that doesn't screw up conquest.

If nothing goes wrong then we are the better for it but having a few extra legacy storage tabs doesn't mean anything when I cannot put stuff back in them. They are already a waste as it hinders why you have legacy storage to start with.

Edited by Quraswren

And I'm an experienced retail merchandiser which gives me just as much inside knowledge of this process as you.

Maybe next time read the whole post, I was responding to someone else who made the same claim.

Welcome to ignore.

In fact, lol, I just cleared my list and you were previously on it.

Edited by Foambreaker

Maybe next tie read the whole post, I was responding to someone else who made the same claim.

Welcome to ignore.

In fact, lol, I just cleared my list and you were previously on it.

That deserves an ignore? Wow. Kinda curious now - why did I no longer merit being ignored?

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst is fine and all, but they have routinely shown we lack imagination when trying to think of what the "worst" they can deliver is.

:(

Preparing for the worst is all well and good, but if it involves denying yourself access to a feature like Legacy Overflow you have to think, is this really that risky?

What extra storage. You get a legacy overflow that 'you' can't place anything into.. And will disappear once you remove stuff.

You're talking about a dev-team which has managed to break content from five years ago, by updating current content. Yeah I'll go with being safe. Of course I'm hoping for the best and I would LOVE to congratulate them on a smooth merge tomorrow, seriously yes please but I'm not going into this with rose tinted glasses.

Preparing for the worst is all well and good, but if it involves denying yourself access to a feature like Legacy Overflow you have to think, is this really that risky?

Denying yourself.. are you serious? You can't put anything in there, and if you're never going to take something out, then why keep it in the first place? Its function is exactly the same as temporarily moving things into a cargo bay.

Denying yourself.. are you serious? You can't put anything in there, and if you're never going to take something out, then why keep it in the first place? Its function is exactly the same as temporarily moving things into a cargo bay.

Because my cargo bay is empty and I have numerous extra char slots :rolleyes:

Also with overflow you can access it anytime any toon, using alts cargo bays means you have to login/out to get something.

Because my cargo bay is empty and I have numerous extra char slots :rolleyes:

Also with overflow you can access it anytime any toon, using alts cargo bays means you have to login/out to get something.

Yes, this feature is implemented because it is a little more convenient than having to do it all ourselves. People are indeed talking about giving up a little convenience because they're uncertain about what it will do. That's it.

You seem to be trying to make more out of it, but it's a small convenience that some people are choosing to set aside.

Yes, this feature is implemented because it is a little more convenient than having to do it all ourselves. People are indeed talking about giving up a little convenience because they're uncertain about what it will do. That's it.

You seem to be trying to make more out of it, but it's a small convenience that some people are choosing to set aside.

It's not about me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.