Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

Im glad that so far in the Copero MM flashpoint people never had anything against doing the bonus boss. Also, its very nice that people are actually able to do it, follow instructions etc, its nice to see that the rating requirement get more "Pro" people into the Flashpoint.

LOL people are 'pro' because they have a gear rating which is achievable by doing mindless easy content over and over for months?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From all the story content in the game, someone decide to walk in fp to watch some boring cutscene, which probably makes no sense to your main story chain - it's just stupid.

I never judge this people in group chat, it's their choice, but I don't understand them.

When I get something like False emperor, Manaan or The foundry and "waiting for other players" stays for more than 5 sec, I abort convo and leave.

Flashpoints are for benefits, that's why most ppl do them. Rest - stay with Vanilla, Kotfe and Kotet.

Respect goes both ways. If somebody asks to do content or informs the group that they want to watch cutscenes, sure, whatever. A "hey guys this is my first time" or "I need the bonus boss for cheevos" makes a big difference.

But if somebody says absolutely nothing, pulls random groups for the bonus, ignores mechanics, and suchlike things, then I see no reason to treat that person with respect. At that point, the person is wasting everybody else's time. It is infinitely faster to explain things beforehand than it is to wipe and explain them later. An unwillingness to tolerate conduct indistinguishable from griefing isn't the same thing as hostility toward new players.

That goes without saying. I was referring to the outright hostility in this thread, not within the game.

Uh, what? You get a god droid in Black Talon story mode, and, y'know, it's a story mode FP so it's even easier than the class story. No Presence, high-influence healer comp, experience, or skill required.

As for that new robot thing in solo, god I hate that thing. It just made the entitlement of veteran players versus new players even worse.

Oh god, that awful droid! I tried so hard to get that thing killed. It took every mob in the Esseles hangar to nearly bring it down, and then it just healed itself to full! This was before I found out you can dismiss it by right-clicking the buff icon in your tray.

From all the story content in the game, someone decide to walk in fp to watch some boring cutscene, which probably makes no sense to your main story chain - it's just stupid.

I never judge this people in group chat, it's their choice, but I don't understand them.

When I get something like False emperor, Manaan or The foundry and "waiting for other players" stays for more than 5 sec, I abort convo and leave.

Flashpoints are for benefits, that's why most ppl do them. Rest - stay with Vanilla, Kotfe and Kotet.

Leaving after a 5 second wait suggests that you're the one unsuited to group content.

Well I will never run a flashpoint with you...because it takes my system longer than six seconds to load in. More like sixty in fact. Once I'm in everything's fine it's just that first convo. I was once accused of not spacebarring on purpose to troll. Uh. MY screen is still showing the little thinking symbols. Maybe someday I'll upgrade my ram or system but until then it is what it is. Most folks are understanding.

It's this kind of toxic thinking that drives people away from the game. If you have no patience to do group content with groups...you're probably in the wrong game.

Mission Bonuses are scary, people are afraid of them that is why they do not do them, in fact not doing them really makes little sense if you are leveling, if you have leveled doing the bonuses will only give added rewards, so their is no loss......it is simply people are scared of the bonused I think

I'm sick and tired of people joining flashpoint just to skip the easy mini-bosses and bonuses. It is a pain in the butt to join a flashpoint only have them skip 3/4 of it! I did not join a flashpoint to skip! Is there a group out there that won't skip or an option to stop this so you can enjoy the flashpoint how it was posted to be then how people CHEAT it to be. I love it if there even a guild that has something like that but I doubt it but I'm just saying it hard to enjoy it when there people who only want to Spacebar and rush through the game without enjoying it. I have been playing this game ever since it first came out. It is sad how it is now compared to how it used to be.

Hi there, fairly newish player, but seem to be picking it up quick, just went looking up this same thing your talking about, everyone rushes through them, I want to achieve all my legacy chapters, and I cant because I cant seem to find a group where everyone wants to do it all :( how did you go with this any luck?

LOL people are 'pro' because they have a gear rating which is achievable by doing mindless easy content over and over for months?

Its not about that.

Yes, in principle people are able to get the required rating by doing what ever, story etc, but Copero and Umbara have rating 242 requirement, that means the Player has to get to Tier 3 which is rank 181, then he has to get all his slots full with 242 gear and we know that getting to 300 NEVER gets you all 242 pieces. That means he keeps doing the grind beyond 300 getting 246 and 248. Thats considering he doesnt do any other content (for UCs like PVP) than the primitive stuff.

However, if the person gets 242 gear fast, means he knows what he is doing, that means he is probably better at the game than the person mentioned above. Also you need to manually que for the 2 new FPS, which most ppl dont so these people que for them on purpose. You can do the daily bonus without these FPS so there is no need to que for them.

I know geared people does not equal good skill people but it is a MUCH HIGHER probability that those people are "pro" :)

Its not about that.

Yes, in principle people are able to get the required rating by doing what ever, story etc, but Copero and Umbara have rating 242 requirement, that means the Player has to get to Tier 3 which is rank 181, then he has to get all his slots full with 242 gear and we know that getting to 300 NEVER gets you all 242 pieces. That means he keeps doing the grind beyond 300 getting 246 and 248. Thats considering he doesnt do any other content (for UCs like PVP) than the primitive stuff.

However, if the person gets 242 gear fast, means he knows what he is doing, that means he is probably better at the game than the person mentioned above. Also you need to manually que for the 2 new FPS, which most ppl dont so these people que for them on purpose. You can do the daily bonus without these FPS so there is no need to que for them.

I know geared people does not equal good skill people but it is a MUCH HIGHER probability that those people are "pro" :)

I don't argue that's the case for Master mode, but for Veteran it's not needed. 4 lowbies can complete the FP as long as they mind aoe/follow mechanics and know their class.

Back on topic, you'll always get people that want to skip them, watch them etc... I don't care either way, I have a very stressful job and I'm not about to stress myself in my game time. My advice is to just say in advance you want to watch the cutsceanes and do the bonus. And if someone is rude about it, the ignore button does miracles. :)

I don't argue that's the case for Master mode, but for Veteran it's not needed. 4 lowbies can complete the FP as long as they mind aoe/follow mechanics and know their class.

Back on topic, you'll always get people that want to skip them, watch them etc... I don't care either way, I have a very stressful job and I'm not about to stress myself in my game time. My advice is to just say in advance you want to watch the cutsceanes and do the bonus. And if someone is rude about it, the ignore button does miracles. :)

Generally - some of the newer FPs have spots where it will be difficult for a full group of lowbies to complete unless one of them is a healer - and even then it may be rough (mostly because some classes at low level, even bolstered, have terrible resource management - that and the kolto stations have cooldowns so they can't reliably spam them).

Same with Master - most can be done with sub-70s IF the players can perform their role at a moderate level of competency, but that seems to be asking a lot of group finder.

I got a 60 something sorc the other day in MM spamming force storm on everything, including single target bosses (I kicked even though it was an easy FP after the first boss took forever to die).

If people want to queue for Master mode content and then talk about their are new and don't know what they are doing; that is unacceptable.

Bonus bosses are a waste of time. The purple CXP pack is not worth the effort it takes to kill the boss, especially if you have a group of under-geared toons. You can run the FP two times for double the rewards - than if you watch cutscenes, kill every darn trash mob and do bonus. Some FPs are only with doing once: Traitor among the Chiss, Crisis on Umbara, Blood Hunt, Kuat Driveyards, just to name a few.

ifr you are running Black Talon and watching cutscenes, I am not spending 1 hour with your in there, when I could have done about 5 hammer stations. No thanks.

If people want to queue for Master mode content and then talk about their are new and don't know what they are doing; that is unacceptable.

Everyone has a first time doing a HM. Wouldn't you rather they said in advance "This is my first time doing this in HM - what's different from Tactical?"

Everyone has a first time doing a HM. Wouldn't you rather they said in advance "This is my first time doing this in HM - what's different from Tactical?"

I'd like them to speak up, and I don't mind giving a quick explanation - but if they need more than a quick explanation AND / OR want to watch every cut scene in one of the story heavy instances with 5+ minutes of NPC RP, they should probably spend their own time doing the solo / story version first.

Bonus bosses are a waste of time. The purple CXP pack is not worth the effort it takes to kill the boss, especially if you have a group of under-geared toons. You can run the FP two times for double the rewards - than if you watch cutscenes, kill every darn trash mob and do bonus. Some FPs are only with doing once: Traitor among the Chiss, Crisis on Umbara, Blood Hunt, Kuat Driveyards, just to name a few.

ifr you are running Black Talon and watching cutscenes, I am not spending 1 hour with your in there, when I could have done about 5 hammer stations. No thanks.

Then simply queue for Hammerstation only and don't ruin the fun of people, who actually enjoy running FPs without some crude *need to maximize CXP/hour* thinking. If any bonus boss is a waste of time and negligible, so is the bonus for listing all FPs.

I always tick off Hammerstation, Athiss and Cademimu, so I won't get grouped with mindless CXP farmers, just do us the same courtesy, tick all other FPs off and we will never meet, nor will our definitions of fun in FPs clash.

But if you don't have all the FPs selected, you're screwing yourself out of the Daily Reward.

You realize this is a game, right? It's supposed to be fun. This is why there needs to be some kind of flags for RP runs and speedruns in Group Finder.

When you join a random group content, it is not unreasonable that people will expect you to be able to perform in the role you queued as. It is also, reasonable that people will expect that you KNOW what to do in a Master Mode setting.

It is a game, yes, and YOU want to have fun, but so do I. You have no business queuing for master mode content if you are not familiar with the newbie version of that content, hence, you do not get to use the excuse that you are new.

I queue Assault on Tython, on Friday, and the tank, didn't know what he was doing. OFC, being the highest rated gear player, I had aggro the whole time, but I was on my Vig Guardian, so wasn't hard to manage the trash. Then tank got killed by AOE from the first boss. Then there was legacy of the Rakata, this time, the healer didn't know to clear the root from the Rakata boss, so I told her, you have ot cleanse. Her response was, it cannot be cleansed. SO after 2 wipe group disbanded. Ok, Athis Vet mode this time, I'm on my Sent. We got to first boss and everyone died, except me ofc. Boss is at 90%. So, I killed the boss, solo.... they think I'm awesome, when all I did was to get the kolto stations when my HP was dropping.

Everyone plays for different reason. That's why some people dont want Copero or Nahut encounter to be nerfed. But some players are just bad, and bad do not mean they do not know the mechanics, bad means they cannot follow instructions, and the basic concept of common sense is elusive. Most circles, on the ground that was placed by an enemy combatant, are bad; and a very good way to tell is if they damage you... But some people still don't get that.

I'm not staying in no FP with someone who wants to watch 30 mins of cutscene, and pull every trash mob that you have to clean up because they keep getting killed 3 secs in the fight.

You RP on your own time, not on other people's.

Edited by Yezzan

It's this kind of toxic thinking that drives people away from the game. If you have no patience to do group content with groups...you're probably in the wrong game.

I fully agree to that.

I just cannot understand this "skip ! skip !" mentality carried over from non-story action games into story-focused FPs.

I'm not staying in no FP with someone who wants to watch 30 mins of cutscene, and pull every trash mob that you have to clean up because they keep getting killed 3 secs in the fight.

Then, why are there "trash mobs" there in the irst place ? Bioware could remove them at your request.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Then, why are there "trash mobs" there in the irst place ? Bioware could remove them at your request.

That's a specious argument. There are all kinds of things to do in every instance in the game, but the devs don't mean for every player to do everything in the game. It'd be like going to a planet and killing every single enemy NPC in the entire instance, purely because it's there. That would obviously be an unreasonable thing for anybody to expect. I see no reason to expect people to want to clear every enemy in a flashpoint instance, either. Even the bonuses never require that.

Here's the flip side of your argument: if the groups aren't meant to be skipped by players that don't want to clear them, why did BioWare make it possible to skip them?

The minimum expectation for people going into a flashpoint, or any other group content, is to clear the content necessary to finish. Anything else should be negotiated with the other players. It's extremely rude to try to make people do something optional that they don't want to do. If the rest of the group is okay with doing the bonus, great! If they're not, do it some other time.

The other part of the complaint was not just that the pulls happen, but that they happen incompetently. It's one thing to pull something by oneself and kill it even though the group members didn't want to do it. It's not very much of an imposition on their time. Pulling something that one can't handle by oneself, getting killed, and imposing it on the rest of the group is obviously much worse. Not only is that person being rude, they are being incompetently rude, and they are potentially wasting others' time.

Actually, if you look hard enough, or do each flashpoint a lot of times, youll notice that nearly every one of them has enough trash mobs to clear (if you want) and also multiple places where you can skip trash/bosses (if you want). The idea that the trash is only there to be killed is limiting your view. The trash is put in specific spots to allow for discovery of paths to avoid trash.

Those above make good points, but I will add that from an RP perspective, not every person in the Star Wars galaxy is a rampaging murderer; some players might choose to play their characters as someone who spares as many lives as possible.

I am reminded of a conversation during the Taral 5 FP (cannot recall if before or during), but one of the interactions between you and Oteg it is suggested that killing everyone in sight is not necessary. Or during Directive 7, if you believe the droid that summoned you, then the droids you are up against are not in their right mind, when you defeat Mentor they will no longer wish to harm you...so why destroy them? Or Battle of Ilum (pub side specific), the aliens that Malgus recruits may be willing to join the republic if you've spared them. Or in several FPs you are trying to make a stealthy infiltration, killing everyone in sight is decidedly not stealthy. The list goes on.

Trash mobs are there to make the Flash-point as realistic as possible. A star destroyer can hold up to 37,000 people, that's more people than some small island have.

The point you are missing is that time is a limiting factor and if the FP can be done in 15 minutes, then it is unfair for you to want to waste people's time by dragging it out to 30-35 mins.

There is a solo version of all the flashpoints, so being new is no excuse, and wanting to see this or that is not a valid point: so the story/solo version, at your pace.

I don't complain if someone watches a cutscence, my problem is tell us you are watching it so we can watch it too or do something else meanwhile. If you want to do a bonus boss, you better not be one who gets killed 2 sec in to a pull ( and yes, those are the people who watch cut-scenes and pull every damn mob and want to do bonus boss, all while being dead the whole time, so its literally the 3 people who did not want to do any of these things, that completed it for them). So, yes it pisses me off.

There is no leisure activity, in this game that really requires a group. Group content is for grinding, and if you are grinding then you want a decent return on time invested. No one is doing a master Mode flash-point because they trying to watch a cut-scene or take in the scenery.