gearing up for endgame is disgusting

xDaytona

Let's agree that the system requires an extra convoluted step; i.e., disintegrating items.
That is correct so I would agree. But we would also have to agree that the system replaced content-specific loot tables with crates whose random contents have nothing to do with the content being played.

Would you be cool with all content dropping legacy-wide UCs, with presumably more difficult content dropping more?

For example: I run the Ziost Dailies -- as opposed to getting CXP -- all the dailies and the weekly drop legacy-wide UCs. I then choose how to spend those UCs. I run an Op, I get more UCs because the content is harder. I randomly farm some mobs while gathering crafting mats, but I still get some UCs for killing those mobs. All of which I can use to purchase specific items.

I would not be cool with making UCs the game's loot table, which is essentially what that would do. Though Bioware (EA in particular) might like the idea because then they'd only need an intern working out of their garage to maintain it.

Replacing shinies with pure currency is all that would accomplish, forklifting item variety out of the playable game and moving it exclusively to vendors. I personally don't want my combat rewards shoehorned into vendor shopping sprees. That's how mobile & tablet RPGs work. So I would find that unacceptable in a MMO. Unfortunately it looks like that may be precisely where they are taking this.

The only difference (my standard caveat applies) after 5.6 is that you now have to click the disintegrate button.
I don't want to have to click anything other than need, greed or pass.

What am I missing here or how am I factually incorrect?

Dasty

I'm not sure I can answer that. The foundation of our misunderstanding appears to be whether or not RNG can be massaged and repackeged so as to no longer be RNG. My math tells me that the only way to remove random from an equation is to, well ... physically remove random from the equation.

The limits to RNG are based on the limits of the tables being referenced and the filters that create them. In the pre-crate game (pre-KotFE) those tables were our loot tables whose contents were tactically filtered specifically for the content being played. Galactic crate contents are promiscuous, with no element of content-specific filtering at all. That is my problem with them and why I feel that crates of any kind (going all the way back to Alliance crates) never should have been considered as a loot table replacement.

Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic