How can I get a "physical" SecurityKey

SteelheartTiTan

Perhaps they don't sell them anymore (not sure) but I know I still have mine and still use it. As a matter of fact, I've recently started getting low battery indicators on it. Guess when it finally dies I'll just have to get the mobile app instead? I mean how is that going to work for me? Would suck if I have to pay for it all over again.

I wonder why people want a physical security key in 2017. Because that derpy thing still requires 8 numbers instead of 6. And those batteries are not endless. They will one day stop working and it's a long annoying call to customer support to get your physical key removed from your account.

I still have mine but switched to app last week because of the horror my friend had to endure on the phone when his key stopped working. :eek:

Yeah, but since I still have my physical key, will I have to pay again to download this app? Surely it's not free, as wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the app? Basically pay a one-time small fee and get extra CCs?

Maybe I should call customer service and find out....if I ever have the time.

Yeah, but since I still have my physical key, will I have to pay again to download this app? Surely it's not free, as wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the app? Basically pay a one-time small fee and get extra CCs?

App is free. It did not cost me anything to switch from physical key to the app. Only needed to remove the physical one and change it to the app in my account settings.

Free. No charge. SWTOR SK.