The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT changes

TalonVII

Because there are 2 types of class MELEE and RANGED giving AP 15 meters and no rocket punch means you have a spec that would have all the advantages of ranged (able to be played at distance) but none of the casting/channeling drawbacks that ranged have. You would also need to remove the leap since the class would now no longer require it and grapple because again no need. What you are proposing completely changes the class into a pseudo ranged which unfortunately would mean Bioware would have to then develop new target dps numbers for the new "QUASI RANGED BURST" spec which you have invented. They already have enough trouble getting the target dps of groups in line adding a new group means more class changes and in all honesty would lead to damage nerf to both AP and pyro since they would cease to be melee burst/sustained anymore.

And guess what. BOTH SPECS SUCK AT SAIdlD SUSTAINED BURST! This is where your logic falls apart.

They both have atrocious heat management and absolutely zero defenses to be up close and the skills for shield tech, half I don't even use.

Why I keep wanting to change it up. Least I have a direction. All you wabt to do is have more of the same. Those 3 changes would amount to be as useful as a screen door on an air lock.

Edited by TalonVII

And guess what. BOTH SPECS SUCK AT SAIdlD SUSTAINED BURST! This is where your logic falls apart.

They both have atrocious heat management and absolutely zero defenses to be up close and the skills for shield tech, half I don't even use.

Why I keep wanting to change it up. Least I have a direction. All you wabt to do is have more of the same. Those 3 changes would amount to be as useful as a screen door on an air lock.

You are just plain bad if you can't manage AP heat. Pyro could use a little love in the heat department (I've given my suggestions) and defensively yes PT's are bad for PVP (pyro will be fine foe PVE after AOE damage reduction returns next patch). Shield tech needs to have translocate removed and given a cheese defensive like shroad or reflect. As for your first statement there is no such thing as SUSTAINED BURST, that is why it's called BURST because it's a short window. AP has the highest burst window in the game and for a sustained spec pyros burst window is seriously good. P:yro is also one of the best parsing specs in the game so it doesn't need more damage output. Seriously man give it. up.

Edited by MuskyBoy

You are just plain bad if you can't manage AP heat. Pyro could use a little love in the heat department (I've given my suggestions) and defensively yes PT's are bad for PVP (pyro will be fine foe PVE after AOE damage reduction returns next patch). Shield tech needs to have translocate removed and given a cheese defensive like shroad or reflect. As for your first statement there is no such thing as SUSTAINED BURST, that is why it's called BURST because it's a short window. AP has the highest burst window in the game and for a sustained spec pyros burst window is seriously good. P:yro is also one of the best parsing specs in the game so it doesn't need more damage output. Seriously man give it. up.

No. You just want PT/VG to be pathetic and easily squished. I see that now. Your ideas again are about as useful as a screen door on an airlock. Nor do you understand what a RANGED tank is to begin with.

No. You just want PT/VG to be pathetic and easily squished. I see that now. Your ideas again are about as useful as a screen door on an airlock. Nor do you understand what a RANGED tank is to begin with.

PT's are not ranged, deal with it. No one agrees with your moronic ideas, if you are dying in PVE because you need to be in melee range you are bad, if you can't mange heat in AP you are bad, if you tank at range in PVE you are bad. Again I have said PT (dps especially) needs better DCD's (for PVP not PVE reasons) and pyro could use a little bit of heat management but everything else is fine. L2P,

PT's are not ranged, deal with it. No one agrees with your moronic ideas, if you are dying in PVE because you need to be in melee range you are bad, if you can't mange heat in AP you are bad, if you tank at range in PVE you are bad. Again I have said PT (dps especially) needs better DCD's (for PVP not PVE reasons) and pyro could use a little bit of heat management but everything else is fine. L2P,

Nice of you to "add"ume things but I get just by fine Thank you. And if we weren't supposed to have more range please explain the following utilities:

Braced propellant

Efficent suit

Pressure overrides

Why do you keep saying "we're melee ranged!" While giving us abilites to increase said range?

Especially when the first one boosts a main ability 2 meters. So please stop giving me this song and dance of l2p and other crap that merely shows you don't have an argument and just man up and express your own opinion.

And btw most don't want the 15m range. I really didn't see anyone complaining about moving gut to shield and having another ability you can use at 10 meters or so.

So unless you have a LOGICAL reason and not a bunch of useless L2P crap, do yourself a favor. Frak off.

I'd love for Pt's to get some more ranged options back for Pt's, specifically 30m railshot and maybe buff the utility that increases the range of Flame Burst/Magnetic Blast range back to a 5m increase (since it's pretty much trash right now). But I don't understand the want to remove all melee attacks for some pt specs, all pts should have at least one melee ability, it is a hybrid spec after all.

Nice of you to "add"ume things but I get just by fine Thank you. And if we weren't supposed to have more range please explain the following utilities:

Braced propellant

Efficent suit

Pressure overrides

Why do you keep saying "we're melee ranged!" While giving us abilites to increase said range?

Especially when the first one boosts a main ability 2 meters. So please stop giving me this song and dance of l2p and other crap that merely shows you don't have an argument and just man up and express your own opinion.

And btw most don't want the 15m range. I really didn't see anyone complaining about moving gut to shield and having another ability you can use at 10 meters or so.

So unless you have a LOGICAL reason and not a bunch of useless L2P crap, do yourself a favor. Frak off.

*** are you talking about remove gut and giving to shield is completely retarded. Gut generates little threat and that is notwhat you want as a tank. Where have I said pts are melee ranged? I have always said PT's are considered melee (Bioware removed unload, 30m railshot, brought m magnetic blast/explosive dart (now shatter slug) back to 10 m to ensure no abilities save for basic attack, leap and grapple (or 12 m magnetic blast with utility) cannot be done at more then 10 m range. PT'S ARE MELEE get this simple idea in your head they are not hybrids there are no hybrids in this game they are a melee class and BIOWARE and everyone else with half a brain considers them melee as well.

Edited by MuskyBoy