Story uprising questions :) and operations

Loranae

So beside the Uprising on the train i never did any of the other (as i was absent of the game).

Now that i am again fully enjoying it, i was wondering :

- is there any of all the uprising easy to start with ? (story mode to begin)

- Those story mode uprising are for solo + comp or for more ?

Operations :

Its been a very long time i did not do any operations, even when i was playing.

I would like to try me again at it, but would start with an easy one at first. Which one would you consider as an easier one ? (as dps sentinel)

I am actually lv 70, with Galactic Command 2 (just starting the 2), gear augmented.

My real problem i think would be the no knowledge of those operations, and probably not doing good because of that.

Of course i am not a top notch player, even if i do know my class.

My stats follow this guide : https://vulkk.com/2017/02/20/jedi-sentinel-concentration-discipline-swtor-5-0-guide/2/, and checked also this one, but for now its way above my armor http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=918622

So i have actually

Accuracy: ~740 | Critital: ~1700 | Alacrity: ~1400 | Mastery: ~6150 | Power: ~3450

I need know to work on my rotation but i know that i will never rich the top notch level.

So any advice would be welcome as to which one start with at first ?

Thank you in advance

Uprising on the train?

Firefrost and Fractured are two of the easiest Uprisings to solo with companion imo.

pffff sorry its a FP (Crisis on Umbara) always thought it was an uprising. So in fact i never did any. Thanks for pointing at this. i should have checked better.

And thanks for the info about the two easiest uprisings

In my opinion, don't bother with uprisings.

Story mode uprisings are for groups of 4 (not meant to be soloed), but GF can give you a group of any mixture of roles. So, it is possible to get a group of 4 healers for an uprising, or basically, you may get an unbalanced group. There are kolto stations, but that might not be enough for an unbalanced group.

If your logic was "learn your class in uprisings before trying ops", I would suggest Hammer Station HM. That's a good staple, and people seem to want to run it due to the CXP gains. HM FPs through group finder still give you a balanced group, as in 1 tank, 2 dps, and 1 healer (or people who are specced as that).

As for operations, the "easiest" would be Eternity Vault (EV). It's an oldie but a goodie.

Edited by SolarSaenz

I would say to you that you need to join a guild a run FP's and OP's with them. Just let them know that you are new or dont remember the run, if they have discord they can run down what will happen in the fight and what your class needs to do, if they are a good group they can carry you through it, tho that can get old but if you are learning it is expected. You can run FP's in story mode , the game gives you a combat droid of doom to acompany you and your companion as you go through the run.

So beside the Uprising on the train i never did any of the other (as i was absent of the game).

Now that i am again fully enjoying it, i was wondering :

- is there any of all the uprising easy to start with ? (story mode to begin)

- Those story mode uprising are for solo + comp or for more ?

Even story mode uprisings are intended to be a group content, although you can solo the easiest ones with level 50 comp and when you know your class well enough.

The easiest? Fractured, Done and Dusted, Firefrost. IMHO.

Some people may tell you "they're not worth doing", but I personally like them a lot. Unfortunately, many people are more about rewards than "the journey" to get them, so not sure what kind of pops you'd get for them on your server, since they're not a popular way to gain CXP.

Also, some really need trinity, and most pops are 4 x DPS, thus hard to impossible to be finished.

Operations :

Its been a very long time i did not do any operations, even when i was playing.

I would like to try me again at it, but would start with an easy one at first. Which one would you consider as an easier one ? (as dps sentinel)

Karagga Palace and Eternity Vault are the easiest.

I am actually lv 70, with Galactic Command 2 (just starting the 2), gear augmented.

My real problem i think would be the no knowledge of those operations, and probably not doing good because of that.

If you're worried you may pug with a crowd not friendly enough to explain the mechanics, you can start from "doing homework" and watching video guides (you can find good ones on dulfy, for example).

If you want to learn the ropes and tricks of your class, try playing Veteran Flashpoints first with a group of friends. If you can make a standard group - 1 Tank, 2 DPS and 1 Healer - you'll quickly develop awareness for your class and group tactics.

I mentioned Veteran FPs because these are bolstered, so your gear level doesn't matter much. Also, by regularly doing Veteran FPs you'll earn a lot of Command Experience, so you should start getting better gear. By the time you're comfortable with your rotations and your gear is more or less at Tier 3, you should be ready to try Master Mode FPs.

If you don't have friends who play regularly, try to find a guild and ask for help. You'll learn your abilities in no time. Active guilds can take you through Story Mode Operations, where you'll learn a lot and also earn gear quickly.

Eternity Vault is the easiest Operation, followed by Karagga's Palace.

EV Boss 1: Stand behind robot, smack him on the butt, stay out of red circles.

EV Boss 2: Stand behind beastie, smack him on the butt, move to the next platform when the one you're on goes down

EV Boss 3: Smack some weak adds, somebody else can take care of the puzzle your first time through

EV Boss 4: If you're Watchman, make sure you don't have the ability to heal the group - you need to 1v1 an NPC Marauder. DPS check is like 2.5k.

EV Boss 5: Stay with the group - smack big guy on the butt when they're smackin' 'im, break a Mind Trap when they break 'em, follow the group down the platforms when boss at 74% and 29% health.

KP Boss 1: Boss lookin' at you, stay in the middle, otherwise stay up his butt.

KP Boss 2: Kill both bosses evenly, stay out of fire, kill Carbonizer Probe when one boss jets up to a platform.

KP Boss 3: Stand behind beastie, smack him on the butt.

KP Boss 4: Stand behind robot, smack him on the butt.

KP Boss 5: Stand beside (not behind) robot, smack him on the... flank. Don't stand in fire, pop DCD or stay away from little mouse droids.

TL;DR: Most of most of the bosses in both those ops involves smacking something with minimal mechanics. My guild cycles through these ops with our newer members in each faction every week in something we call "Intro to Ops", to get interested members' feet wet with running Operations. When a group is ready, we sometimes do other Operations like Terror From Beyond, Dread Fortress, or Scum and Villainy, but EV and KP are the true ops for beginners.

Of course, the full explanation of each op is a bit more involved. I haven't written anything up for KP yet, but my recently completed guide for Eternity Vault is quite verbose, if you really want to know everything about clearing that Operation (except for stats on the trash we usually skip after the first boss - it's been so long since I haven't skipped that trash, I don't have a combat log detailing their abilities and damage profiles : )

I would say to you that you need to join a guild a run FP's and OP's with them. Just let them know that you are new or dont remember the run, if they have discord they can run down what will happen in the fight and what your class needs to do, if they are a good group they can carry you through it, tho that can get old but if you are learning it is expected. You can run FP's in story mode , the game gives you a combat droid of doom to acompany you and your companion as you go through the run.

Oh, yeah. I agree with the above.

A lot of PUGs these days rage quit if you don't waltz through an op. Or, pugs stand in stupid and then rage quit because they think the healer isn't doing their job. You get the idea.

If you can find a guild that is happy to show you the ropes and be patient with you, then by all means.

Uprisings are a yakkity yak yak free FP with more trash in them. Just the rewards suck, so nobody plays them. Often.

I've yet to move into Op town. Can't find a guild that has more than 6 members in it right now on Progenitor. I'm not pugging them, it'll make me cranky.

I've yet to move into Op town. Can't find a guild that has more than 6 members in it right now on Progenitor. I'm not pugging them, it'll make me cranky.

Oh, yeah! Pugging without knowing the op is just asking for a sharp stick in the eye. I should know. I've basically learned all ops I do know, with the exception of EC (I learned that with my guild at the time). It was a LITTLE bit better a few years ago when it was assumed not everyone knew the op. Nowadays, it seems most pugs assume everyone knows all the ops or should because they have all been out for years. I've seen pugs say something along those lines when we've wiped on a boss.

Edited by SolarSaenz

Well thank you to everyone!! its more than i would expect.

Actually i TRY do each day the whole group finder FP Veteran. Not working all the time because of the random, i can get the same 4 or 5 times LOL. But well i learn. Groups are sometimes very unbalanced but its challenging.

I am patient. So all is good,

For the rest, i will try some uprising just for the curiosity of those. I like the game for the game, not only the end game part, so may be i will enjoy those.

For operations, i know a good guild would be the best, but i will not join another guild. I have one personal, allowing me to play at my rythme, I am not so young anymore (rather in the gran'ma stage LOL) and with some healths problems, so i would not be able to be a good member for any guild than mine :p

THis was a wish but not a need, so if i can not any operations, i will adapt and still get a lot of fun.

Conclusion : you gave me a lot to think and to do :) Its perfect. Thank you very much all

Well thank you to everyone!! its more than i would expect.

Actually i TRY do each day the whole group finder FP Veteran. Not working all the time because of the random, i can get the same 4 or 5 times LOL. But well i learn. Groups are sometimes very unbalanced but its challenging.

I am patient. So all is good,

For the rest, i will try some uprising just for the curiosity of those. I like the game for the game, not only the end game part, so may be i will enjoy those.

For operations, i know a good guild would be the best, but i will not join another guild. I have one personal, allowing me to play at my rythme, I am not so young anymore (rather in the gran'ma stage LOL) and with some healths problems, so i would not be able to be a good member for any guild than mine :p

THis was a wish but not a need, so if i can not any operations, i will adapt and still get a lot of fun.

Conclusion : you gave me a lot to think and to do :) Its perfect. Thank you very much all

you may not need to technically join a guild. A few times, I've seen this happen.

The guild is going to do a run through of an op, but maybe for whatever reason, they are short 1 player. Someone from the guild invites a non guildie friend to join. The friend in the guild informs the rest of the group that their friend is new to the op and needs help. the group complies, and the op goes well.

That might work for you, maybe. Just a thought. The point is to be in a group of seasoned vets who are nice and happy to show new players the ropes.

Doing group content with a guild will be a much more enjoyable experience. They will be more likely to take their time and explain things to you as you go along. Odds are that if you use Group Finder you will get teamed with at least one person who wants to skip cutscenes, skip content, and rush to the end. That's not always the case but it does happen frequently. The other thing with group finder is that it tends to pop a small subset of the content (those uprisings, flashpoints, and operations that are fast CXP). The longer the content, the less likely it will pop (or that people will not just quit and you have to go back into the queue) so you might end up running the same uprising or flashpoint over and over instead of getting to experience them all.

What's you server again, Loranae?

Ebon Hawk :)

since 2012 - had to take a one year absence for health. I am back. But found out all my characters were deleted. Only one of each account was still there, naked of course. (i had 19 characters per account).

So i started from new. And re-did all the vanilla parts that i loved a lot.

About joining a guild :

i understand you advice me to join a guild, but beleive me i did it by the past. And i was confronted with some problems, not from the guild leader, but some members who were not happy of my absences. Unfortunatly i can not see the futur and know if this day or this one i will be able to play.

So as the gran'ma hate drama ... LOL ...

i prefer to do it that way. So far i am very lucky, i do FP, all the other content, and i have fun.

EV for sure. My guild the Great Je'daii Order on BC just ran EV on the weekend with a hilariously underprepared group and despite several wipes did it.

Our tank was an awesome person and tried hard but was hugely undergeared and had never done an op before.

Another person had never done an op before.

We had one guy at about L61 and as EV wasn't the Op off the day and we couldn't use group finder not sure how much he could contribute.

Another DPS was in about 203 rating gear and had only done EV once before and it was months/years ago.

One of our heals was a DPS who respecced to heals and had never healed before (although he was an amazing player who knew the Op backwards and had great DPS gear).

Our second heals was incredible with 248 gear and an expert!

We had one good DPS with mid 230s gear.

My DPS (and fake tank - Shadow) had been level 60 that morning and had just hit L70 so had mostly horrible gear although a guildie gave me a full set of 228 armour and a 240 ear! (Great guild!)

If we could do it so can you, you just need a supportive group.

Also Ops are a way to partially skip the GC gear grind. I got a 236 offhand from the op meaning I wont need another offhand for about 140 more GC levels!

Edited by revjasonlee

EV for sure. My guild the Great Je'daii Order on BC just ran EV on the weekend with a hilariously underprepared group and despite several wipes did it.

Our tank was an awesome person and tried hard but was hugely undergeared and had never done an op before.

Another person had never done an op before.

We had one guy at about L61 and as EV wasn't the Op off the day and we couldn't use group finder not sure how much he could contribute.

Another DPS was in about 203 rating gear and had only done EV once before and it was months/years ago.

One of our heals was a DPS who respecced to heals and had never healed before (although he was an amazing player who knew the Op backwards and had great DPS gear).

Our second heals was incredible with 248 gear and an expert!

We had one good DPS with mid 230s gear.

My DPS (and fake tank - Shadow) had been level 60 that morning and had just hit L70 so had mostly horrible gear although a guildie gave me a full set of 228 armour and a 240 ear! (Great guild!)

If we could do it so can you, you just need a supportive group.

Also Ops are a way to partially skip the GC gear grind. I got a 236 offhand from the op meaning I wont need another offhand for about 140 more GC levels!

I love reading this!! seems you all had quite a fun. Remind me the very old day (about 13 years ago ... , and for even more old 16 years ago)

Thanks and yeah we did. We were laughing, emoting, dancing and having a ball the whole way several wipes and all. A good supportive guild makes the entire game experience so much better. I'm not saying this is the best guild in the game. BBB on Harb is a very well organised and massive guild. Sanctuary-FM on Jedi Cov is incredibly well organised, runs ops every day and might be the best conquest guild in the game. However, The Great Je'daii is worth checking out if you are a 'pub on BC they have members whose job is to help gear other members, run RP events, have guild competitions and even have players whose job is to help you if you ever get stuck in any mission. Edited by revjasonlee