Unable to Start Prelude to Shadow of Revan

bjpbjp

I'm trying to talk to the droid that starts this and it just tells me to move along. I have not started prelude but have finished chapters 1-3 and Makeb. How can I figure out what this droid needs me to finish before it will start the SoR prelude?

I'm trying to talk to the droid that starts this and it just tells me to move along. I have not started prelude but have finished chapters 1-3 and Makeb. How can I figure out what this droid needs me to finish before it will start the SoR prelude?

If you are unsub and trying to take advantage of the promotion that was announced today, http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171023. You would need to enter the promo code REVANRETURNS at http://www.swtor.com/redeem-code and enter. You will then be given access to SOR and also the SWOOP mount Kakkran Daggerstar. Enjoy! :cool::p

Edited by Rasinator

If you are unsub and trying to take advantage of the promotion that was announced today, http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171023. You would need to enter the promo code REVANRETURNS at http://www.swtor.com/redeem-code and enter. You will then be given access to SOR and also the SWOOP mount Kakkran Daggerstar. Enjoy! :cool::p

Believe you have to be subbed to post on the forums.

I am a subscriber. Unfortunately that isn't working for me. I do have chapter 5 SoR on my ship's mission console but I am asking about the prelude which is not listed. In that video there is a Chapter 4 which I do not see. So I'm assuming that there is a prerequisite but I cannot figure out what that is.

I am a subscriber. Unfortunately that isn't working for me. I do have chapter 5 SoR on my ship's mission console but I am asking about the prelude which is not listed. In that video there is a Chapter 4 which I do not see. So I'm assuming that there is a prerequisite but I cannot figure out what that is.

Chapter 4 is Oricon which is not required in order to do SoR. I often go straight from Class Arcs/Corellia to doing Shadows of Revan and skip Ilum, Makeb and Oricon altogether.

If you're level 55 or higher then "Shadow of Revan: Prelude" should be available at your ship's terminal. Have you checked your quest log, is there any chance you already half began this a while back and then forgot about? Also is this a boosted toon or one that leveled the normal way? I think boosted chars cannot do SoR.

Edited by JennyFlynn

I was going by the video OwenBrooks linked;
- which at about 1:13 in shows "Oricon - Day of Dread - Chapter 4 Interlude: The Dread War"

I think the structure is approximately:

* Prologue (Starter Worlds and a bit of DK/Coru)

* Chapter One (Remainder of capital world up to the inter-chapter after Alderaan)

* Chapter Two (RBalmorra/ITaris up to the inter-chapter after Hoth)

* Chapter Three (Belsavis up to the end of Corellia and, if necessary, the battle immediately after)

* Epilogue (post-C3 stuff that gives the mission to get the Ilum mission)

* Interlude the First (Ilum)

* Chapter Four (Rise of the Hutt Cartel / Makeb)

* Chapter 4 Interlude (Oricon and Forged Alliances)

* Chapter 5 (Shadow of Revan)

* Interlude (Rise of the Emperor / Ziost)(1)

Followed by KotFE/KotET/WoI/CoU.

(1) Neither FA nor RotE is part of SoR in strict pedantic form.

OK let me answer these questions:

1. I am level 70.

2. Not a boosted character

3. Been a sub since the start and have many level 70s and have done this before.

4. The mission console on the ship that shows the Chapter 5 mission specifically says that I must travel to Rishi which means that is SoR not the prelude.

5. I have not started KOTFE - that is also showing on the ship mission console.

6. I did all of the original class chapters and Ilum and Makeb.

After looking at my log closely I do still have the Oricon Dread Palace mission which I have not done. Perhaps that needs to be finished first?

1. I am level 70.

3. Been a sub since the start and have many level 70s and have done this before.

4. The mission console on the ship that shows the Chapter 5 mission specifically says that I must travel to Rishi which means that is SoR not the prelude.

After looking at my log closely I do still have the Oricon Dread Palace mission which I have not done. Perhaps that needs to be finished first?

No, trust me Oricon is not required unless they changed things quite recently. I have always skipped Oricon at each turn as I don't enjoy it.

Are you certain you've not already completed "Forged Alliances" on said character? It would have involved meeting Lana or Theron aboard the fleet, going to assault Korriban/Tython, then defended either Korriban or Tython through solo flashpoints. Visiting Manaan and Rakatta Prime.

I can't imagine why you'd not have access to the prelude and be sent straight to Rishi unless you've already done Forged Alliances. :confused:

I definitely have not done it. This was a DvL character that I leveled up for the achievements (again not I repeat not boosted) and recently decided to clear the class story missions out by finishing them. I've been very careful to do them in order so idk why I can't get that mission.

Isn't the prelude include in chapter 5? Pretty sure it's not a separate thing anymore but part of the the chapter now...it's been a while since I've done SoR though.

It's possible. I haven't done it in a while myself. On the other hand, I *should* have been able to see it the last time I did this, since I did the four FPs in separate play sessions on that character. I have another character who has just begun Corellia (level 60 - I've been slacking, I guess) and will be doing FA straight after.

It's possible. I haven't done it in a while myself. On the other hand, I *should* have been able to see it the last time I did this, since I did the four FPs in separate play sessions on that character. I have another character who has just begun Corellia (level 60 - I've been slacking, I guess) and will be doing FA straight after.

Yeah but I think that picking up chapter 5 from your ships console takes you to the droid who gives you the start of the prelude. It's just been integrated into the chapter quest chain rather than treating it as a separate prelude. At least that's what I seem to remember from my last playthrough.

I don't think I did it earlier as I leveled up 8 DvL characters and this wasn't the one I played for anything other than getting the achievements but I could be wrong.

Interestingly I checked every other DvL character that I had (8 of them) and none of them can talk to the droid or has that available via the mission console. If I did do it on one character I'm sure I didn't do it 8 times.

When the servers are back up I'll double-check everything. Thanks for all of the suggestions!!

OK so chapter 4 is indeed Makeb. But if you look at the mission console for Chapter 5: Shadow of Revan the task says to "Speak to a local" which is that annoying bird guy on Rishi.

I tried speaking to the droid (imperial side versus republic on my original character) and again there is no mission and the droid will not say anything.

I just checked on a character that I am sure has never done the prelude. In fact it is still on Chapter 1 sending me to Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa.

1. I am level 70.

Go talk to the droud on the fleet directly. It doesnt show up on your ship terminal