The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Collections

Anything purchased from the Cartel Market, items with that dollar sign on them, should be a part of collections, and unlockable for all toons, at least per Legacy, if not account wide. It is ridiculous to spend real world money for something, and have it be one off. This is especially true of items like Dye modules. 1500 CC for a Black on Black dye pack, ON SALE, and it's a one off. I should be able to unlock this expensive item for use by my other toons. Even if it would cost me the max amount that you charge for an item unlock.

Anything purchased from the Cartel Market, items with that dollar sign on them, should be a part of collections, and unlockable for all toons, at least per Legacy, if not account wide. It is ridiculous to spend real world money for something, and have it be one off. This is especially true of items like Dye modules. 1500 CC for a Black on Black dye pack, ON SALE, and it's a one off. I should be able to unlock this expensive item for use by my other toons. Even if it would cost me the max amount that you charge for an item unlock.

You're ignoring one important fact.

Dyes are consumables.

Unless I am mistaken, no CM consumable is able to be unlocked in collections.

Even if you ignore the almost certain significant loss in revenue for BW, there is precedent for not adding dyes to the collection interface.

They could just as easily make dyes extractable from armour without destroying it- otherwise the cost of a dye is not worth its value. There is no way to justify paying that much for a single-use cosmetic item.

No one is being force to purchase those dyes.

Anyone that feels the cost is too high can save their CC's and not spend the credits via the GTN.

There are many that do not feel the cost is too high and choose to purchase them, though.