Complaint about Chapter 2 of KotET

Dustalie

I don't make a habit out of hating on MMOs, I'm sure you put a lot of thought about everything and it's all work work, but I can not stay quiet about the plot of this chapter.

First of all, you're with the Sith Empress! And if you're like me and also a Sith, then you're technically the two most powerful Sith alive!! Not only does Saresh attempt to hire assassins to kill you (Which btw is stupid! If you could assassinate the Sith Emperor/Dark council members that easily they would have done it already!)

So your little shuttle goes boom and you crash, 5 minutes later (Maybe not 5 minutes but it all happened in the same day!) Lana and Theron get told THE TWO MOST POWERFUL SITH ALIVE!! JUST GOT DISINTEGRATED IN THE EMPRESS'S PERSONAL SHUTTLE!??! HOW IS THAT PHYSCIALLY POSSIBLE?!?! THERE'D HAVE TO BE A BIG *** STAR CRUISER OR SOMETHING IN ORBIT AND I THINK EVERYONE WOULD NOTICE THEN!!

So in less than 10 minutes!! Lana and Theron are told the SITH EMPRESS AND THE OUTLANDER ARE DEAD!! Obviously they don't believe it, but then Saresh calls them IMMEDIATELY!! How could Saresh POSSIBLY KNOW?!?!?

THEN THERE ARE RUMOURS ABOUT THE OUTLANDER'S DEATH!! IN LESS THAN A DAY!!! WHAT THE F**K BIOWARE!!! That's one of the STUPIDEST THINGS I'VE EVER HEARD!!

Hell, the Outlander was gone for 5 years and people still thought they were alive! Yet in under a day, the ENTIRE UNIVERSE SEEMS TO THINK YOU'RE DEAD!! WITH THE SITH EMPRESS!!!

Obviously Lana and Theron call BS, but you'd think literally every force sensitive person would know if the Sith Empress and someone who's even more powerful than her died!

And THEN these 'famous assassins' think they can ASSASSINATE THE SITH EMPRESS AND SOMEONE WHO'S EVEN STRONGER THAN HER?!??! How stupid can you be?!? No assassin would be stupid enough for that!! Even if you're some "Legendary assassins which no one believes are real"! I know the Sith Empress isn't nearly as powerful as Valkorian, but it's safe to assume she's the strongest in the dark council with Jadus missing, Marr dead and Darth Nox either irrelevant or the Outlander.

And finally there's the Sith Empress who was scared of a little lightning storm!! Which was mostly just a little comment, but still triggered me since I was shooting lightning everywhere.

Alright, rant over... Lemme be Emperor of the Sith plz ^_^

How is it possibly physically? Et = 1/2 x mv²

No matter how powerful you are, kinetic energy is stronger. Neither full plate armor nor modern ballistic gear will fully safe you from the kinetic energy an axe delivers, let alone the forces that are at work when a fast and heavy object is abruptly stopped by an impact. "Disintegrated" isn't used in the SciFi sense of "destroyed at a subatomar level" but as an euphemism for "ripped into tiny pieces".

As for the storytelling. It already begins in KotFE chapter 3, the only way it makes sense that Lana risks everything to find and free you is when she is deeply in love with you, no matter whether you return those feelings. Then comes Arcann, the only reason he would freeze the Outlander rather than making an example of him is that he knows Valkorion hides in there. 5 years later, he should also know that Valkorion/Vitiate is even less popular in the greater galaxy than himself. What better way to unify the galaxy behind him, than calling up a hunt for the former Sith Emperor?

As for "everyone" knowing it, your rebel alliance is a closely knit group and while you are the figurehead, Lana and Theron are the defacto leaders. And Saresh obviously knows (expects) that you're dead and is either too stupid to wait until it is confirmed, or tries to undermine Lana and Theron's authority by being the first to tell the truth. Also, loudmouths picking fights against the plot-armored hero is a cornerstone of storytelling. :p

Edited by Mubrak

This is like If you are a Bounty Hunter,Trooper,Smugler,Imperial Agent and start fighting with Arcann. He is one of the most powerful force users ever and you just SHOOT him????

At least in Kotfe you beat him with a good old-fashioned shield bash. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mubrak

the only way it makes sense that Lana risks everything to find and free you is when she is deeply in love with you, no matter whether you return those feelings

Gosh is that what this whole thing has been about? I need a spray bottle to use on that broad, whenever she starts hovering around, and over me..

I'm not arguing it's impossible for you and the empress to die, i'm arguing it's physically impossible for the Empress of the Sith and the CommanderOutlander to be killed without anyone knowing, the only way it is possible to kill them would be with a big *** ship, which they'd know about because of scanners.

And i'm going to have to disagree with you, even if you're not romantically involved with Lana, she KNOWS what you've done, you've defeated Korriban and Tython, her Sith master, some republic guy, an infinte army, Revan AND the Emperor on Ziost and that's IF she didn't do a background check on you (Which she obviously did) so with ALL that in consideration, it makes a LOT of sense for her want to find you, who's been known to do the impossible.

Also the reason Arcann keeps you makes perfect sense, hell when I become Emperor of the Sith i'll have statues of my enemies frozen in carbonite for my amusement

It has been less than a day and there's already rumours reaching the Eternal Throne!!! How is that possible?!??!

Neither full plate armor nor modern ballistic gear will fully safe you from the kinetic energy an axe delivers,

Of course not. That's not its purpose. Ballistic armour is intended to catch and dissipate the energy of bullets and unless you wear exceedingly encumbering top-tier ballistic armour, not even particularly high energy bullets. But the momentum of the bullet still passes to the wearer, and can cause knock-down and the rather coyly named "blunt force trauma" in the area behind the impact.

Mediaeval armour, whether plate, splinted, mail(1), or whatever, wasn't meant to prevent *injuries* from axes, swords, or what-have-you. Its function is to prevent cutting weapons from, well, cutting you. It doesn't prevent you from being knocked down, nor from bruising and/or broken bones.

(1) The armour commonly called "chain mail" is more properly called just "mail".

Having being shot in body armour twice before if you get struck by a bullet travelling at close to 3000 ft per second you are going on your back..

Getting struck by a .50 (around 4,000 ft per second) calibre in anything but the very thickest body armour at up to and over a mile away, you're dead.

Mass times acceleration.

Crashing into a planet on a large shuttle which is a fairly sizeable amount of mass, is also going to hurt.

This is like If you are a Bounty Hunter,Trooper,Smugler,Imperial Agent and start fighting with Arcann. He is one of the most powerful force users ever and you just SHOOT him????

This has always been my problem when playing a non-force user in KotFE/ET. I could never bring myself to play it, the immersion is just not there, it makes no sense, at least to me.

Although, the Sith Inquisitor, probably the most powerful being in the galaxy, second only to Valkorion, also gets beaten by Arcann and ruthlessly bashed around by Vaylin. A powerful force user, who devoured several force spirits to reach power beyond any limit, and who rebuild his/her body to contain more power than any other being except the emperor, and Arcann and Vaylin just beat him/her whenever they want.

It just makes no sense getting beaten in such ways as a SI. It may make sense as a SW, JK and JC, but truly not as SI.

Edited by DeVanagloris

It's one of the big issues I have with KotET as well. Saresh has been plotting and planning carefully since her time on Taris (and probably even before). She managed to stay in control of the senate even after she wasn't chancellor anymore.

But she makes the rookie mistake to declare someone dead who has proven to survive every imaginable scenario possible within the last 10 years or so? That's so unlikely for her. She would have never gone to Odessen without being 100% sure that the Outlander is dead.

I felt a bit insulted (as a player) when it happened. On the other hand, I was just happy to finally get rid of her. She is even worse than Malgus. That gives me an idea: The Darth Malgus server should be named after Saresh instead. :D

Kotef and kotet, put on your plot hole armor because that is exactly what it is filled with. And for those who say it doesn't make sense for a force user, consider a smuggler, one of the smartest, sneakiest minds (and yes a smuggler is smart and sneaky or they would have been caught a long time ago) in the galaxy, going it alone against Vaylin. Really. Never would happen. A smuggler would make sure he/she had plenty of backup or wouldn't go at all. I'm just taking my characters through to get through it and then I'll be thankful that it's over.

This has always been my problem when playing a non-force user in KotFE/ET. I could never bring myself to play it, the immersion is just not there, it makes no sense, at least to me.

Although, the Sith Inquisitor, probably the most powerful being in the galaxy, second only to Valkorion, also gets beaten by Arcann and ruthlessly bashed around by Vaylin. A powerful force user, who devoured several force spirits to reach power beyond any limit, and who rebuild his/her body to contain more power than any other being except the emperor, and Arcann and Vaylin just beat him/her whenever they want.

It just makes no sense getting beaten in such ways as a SI. It may make sense as a SW, JK and JC, but truly not as SI.

Well if you look at their abilities, they don't usually JUST shoot. For example, in my mind the Imperial Agent (Operative) uses a combination of knives, guns and stealth tactics so I always imagine them deflecting lightsaber attacks with the blade, using your gun as a trickshot, etc

Then there's bounty hunters with flamethrowers and missiles, Troopers with grenades and big *** guns (Like in the trailer with Malcom where he uses a grenade at pointblank range) and my favourite is the Smuggler who uses skillful shots, stealth and can kick ***.

So in my head canon, they're able to beat jedi/sith because they're a lot more skilled in fighting with their techniques, tricks and explosions. It's harder than just throwing a giant boulder or lightning but it gets the job done.

And what do you mean it doesn't make sense for Arcann and Valyin to be stronger? They're VALKORIANS CHILDREN!! The Sith Emperor's ACTUAL children! Unlike the first child the consular beats up, these are his ACTUAL children and he trained them! Although not always, the more powerful a sith/jedi the parent, the more powerful the child.

Final note. the inquisitor isn't one of the strongest, obviously the Emperor's Wrath is the strongest, also that jedi who beat the Emperor... Also unlike the Sith Inquisitor who needed help just to beat 1 guy, the Jedi consular gives up their strength and STILL beats a bunch of jedi masters/sithlord!

Wasn't a big fan of forced dialogue when running through Kaas jungle and using tools not tailored to your class (rocket launcher to blow up rocks/debris, jet pack to fly across chasm) throughout the instances and flashpoint.

You are not really your character in KotFE/KotET. Sometimes, they reference your class identity, so you're like, "well that's cool." Then other times you're like, "***, why would I say that!?"

Seeing my assassin wield a dualsaber like a single-handed saber wasn't really fun to watch.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

to the OP : I fully agree ... so once again Captain Hindsight to the rescue!

Personally I thenk (let me stress that : PERSONALLY) I think the KOTET /KOFTE aren't that bad, ok they ripped of Avatar (the good one, aka the last airbender, not, rpt not, that ' let's all hug trees' movie)

But I feel there are a lot of missed opportunities, ie perspective for the player.

In this chapter it would have work better (so says Captain Hindsight) if ....

After your shuttle is crashed and you run into the first culprits they'cry out ' holy bantha poo' it's the Outlander and Empress we've been set up ...

Short conversation which ends in :

Option one (dark side) to bad for you , aka let's kill all..

Option two (light side) so you're were suckered in, now work for us..

Regarless of choice after that short converstation with empress :

Empress why kill/recruit them?

you (after kill all) : idiots deserve to die

you (after recruitment) : I have a couple of difficult missions for them .. (hint hint)

regardless of choice Empress : I like the way you think, you sexy steaming hunk of ... ow sorry I digress

So many missed oppertunities in this story that would have worked better for us the players but that's mine (and Captain Hindsight) personal view....

No, he uses a grenade *in his hand*, and still has a hand afterwards. That always bothered me.

1) Shields and armour. 2) It's not our type of grenade, it's more like a plasma grenade of burning yo face off. 3) makes him uglier than a Sith, so i'll call that a loss

I think all of you dissenting there on the first page are kind of missing the point. And aside from that, it's basically general consensus that the plot of KOTFE/KOTET has more holes than swiss cheese. Edited by SourOrange

Well if you look at their abilities, they don't usually JUST shoot. For example, in my mind the Imperial Agent (Operative) uses a combination of knives, guns and stealth tactics so I always imagine them deflecting lightsaber attacks with the blade, using your gun as a trickshot, etc

Then there's bounty hunters with flamethrowers and missiles, Troopers with grenades and big *** guns (Like in the trailer with Malcom where he uses a grenade at pointblank range) and my favourite is the Smuggler who uses skillful shots, stealth and can kick ***.

So in my head canon, they're able to beat jedi/sith because they're a lot more skilled in fighting with their techniques, tricks and explosions. It's harder than just throwing a giant boulder or lightning but it gets the job done.

And what do you mean it doesn't make sense for Arcann and Valyin to be stronger? They're VALKORIANS CHILDREN!! The Sith Emperor's ACTUAL children! Unlike the first child the consular beats up, these are his ACTUAL children and he trained them! Although not always, the more powerful a sith/jedi the parent, the more powerful the child.

Final note. the inquisitor isn't one of the strongest, obviously the Emperor's Wrath is the strongest, also that jedi who beat the Emperor... Also unlike the Sith Inquisitor who needed help just to beat 1 guy, the Jedi consular gives up their strength and STILL beats a bunch of jedi masters/sithlord!

Allright i guess what you say about non-force users is up to a point acceptable, and a good mind trick in order to bring yourself to play Kotfe/et with non-force users.

The Sith Inquisitor point, is arguable at best. The Sith Inquisitor, besides the impressive powerbase, also has acces to the power he/she draws from the force ghosts. The Jedi Consular, while also has a powerbase, denies the dark side of the force and limits himself of that knowledge and power.

Through his story, the Sith Inquisitor

binds and later absorbs 4 immensely powerful force ghosts, even when told that a living being could only bear absorbing 1 of said ghosts, but he absorbs 4. Then after that, he gets his body rebuilt in order to contain such power, because otherwise he was gonna die due to such accumulation of power. Besides that, the Sith Inquisitor even gets his life prolongued by decades during the storyline in Rishi, so he will outlive all the others.

The power the Sth Inquisitor accumulates is way beyond that one of the Sith Warrior. Darth Baras was a pushover, while Thanaton has deep knowledge in all types of force rituals, hence the immense power required to beat him. As a Sith Inquisitor, your power exceeds by far that one of any other force user in the galaxy, including the JK and JC, who did not bind any force ghosts or rebuild themselves in order to contain more power than any other living being.

These are my reasons to believe the most powerful of the playable characters is the Sith Inquisitor. And, while everyone is free to believe what they will, and we're talking different opinions here, stating something and using caps wont make your opinion more valid than mine. Either provide reasons as i did, or admit i may be right.

And besides that, while

i may accept that Arcann and Vaylin are Valkorion's children and they may have inherited huge powers, it's ironic to see Arcann defeat you easily, only to be miserably crushed underfoot a few chapters later, if you choose to do so, which i didnt. And, i seriously doubt Vaylin can have more power than an already powerful force user (the SI) and 4 enormously powerful force ghosts combined. But they write the story, so...same reason why the Eternal fleet is feared everywhere, but once you take control of it, it's rendered useless. Wow so much for the Eternal fleet.

Edited by DeVanagloris

I

It has been less than a day and there's already rumours reaching the Eternal Throne!!! How is that possible?!??!

Facebook.

Seriously though, you are right about the two all powerful sith being declared dead - if they were dead, just about every force user would have felt their deaths. Quite a lot of the story-telling makes little sense in KOTFE/KOTET/IOKATH/UMBARA. For the amount of errors Lana makes she should have been force choked and chucked out of an airlock long ago.

Edited by Sarova