Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please prioritize bringing back our Love Interests, would be nice turning Ashara DS.

DeVanagloris

I'm totally fine with Theron and Lana, and i romance them with some of my characters, but some other toons are still waiting for their love interests to come back, and some of those LI are among the best ones.

The idea would be for them to get introduced through an instanced zone in a future Story piece. So, depending on the Class and gender that goes into the instance, they get back one LI or another. If i go in there with my male SI, i get Ashara, but i get Andronikos with my female SI, if i get in there with my male BH i get Mako. Same for all the others.

There's still the problem of those classes such as the male SW, who has two LIs. In that case, Vette is already back, so problem solved, we get Jaesa back directly. The only other one i can think of is the male Smuggler, but it can be made as getting Risha (or Akkavi) directly, and reserving the other one for future content.

This would be a good way to get back LIs such as Mako, Jaesa, Vector, Kira, etc.

And please for the love of god and all that is sacred, let us turn Ashara Zavros to the Dark Side. This has been requested a million times over, she is the true apprentice of the SI, not Xalek. It truly makes no sense, let us turn her once and for all please.

Besides all that, it would be good if LIs had a bit more than just a reunion scene, only to never speak again anymore. I dont know, some scene here and there, a letter once in a while, and a few more conversations aboard the ship.

My 2 cents.

Also, as a personal opinion: please dont kill Theron, and let us romance Arcann. This would be awesome, really.

I always felt like all the apprentices/padawans of the player character should have turned out to match the players alignment. It stood out to me the most when I played a dark consular, Nadia was so light side and disagreed with everything I did or said. I mean, so much for learning from your master. She seemed to know everything she needed to know already :rolleyes:

As far as your instanced reunion idea, I'm not sure what to say except that yes of course I'd love to have all my LIs back and in a tidy little replayable instance :o I don't think it's going to happen tho..

Wouldn't it be something if all the LIs got the Gus Tuno treatment, I love that questline but it annoys me that my character's actual spouse got a fraction of the attention he did.

Edited by grania

I'm totally fine with Theron and Lana, and i romance them with some of my characters, but some other toons are still waiting for their love interests to come back, and some of those LI are among the best ones.

The idea would be for them to get introduced through an instanced zone in a future Story piece. So, depending on the Class and gender that goes into the instance, they get back one LI or another. If i go in there with my male SI, i get Ashara, but i get Andronikos with my female SI, if i get in there with my male BH i get Mako. Same for all the others.

There's still the problem of those classes such as the male SW, who has two LIs. In that case, Vette is already back, so problem solved, we get Jaesa back directly. The only other one i can think of is the male Smuggler, but it can be made as getting Risha (or Akkavi) directly, and reserving the other one for future content.

This would be a good way to get back LIs such as Mako, Jaesa, Vector, Kira, etc.

And please for the love of god and all that is sacred, let us turn Ashara Zavros to the Dark Side. This has been requested a million times over, she is the true apprentice of the SI, not Xalek. It truly makes no sense, let us turn her once and for all please.

Besides all that, it would be good if LIs had a bit more than just a reunion scene, only to never speak again anymore. I dont know, some scene here and there, a letter once in a while, and a few more conversations aboard the ship.

My 2 cents.

Also, as a personal opinion: please dont kill Theron, and let us romance Arcann. This would be awesome, really.

I personally don't agree with some of what you said. Regarding companions returning, why have an "either or" scenario? Either get Andronikos or get Ashara. My female Sorc is devastated and suppressing depression because her pirate husband Andronikos hasn't returned, even though now she is once again a big player on the galactic front and you would *think* all her former companions would be like "hey, I know her. I wonder if her cell number still works". But, Ashara was like a sister and like you said the true apprentice to the Inquisitor/sorc (Xalek was way to brutal and blood thirsty for my LS Sorc). She'd hate their return be an "either or" occurrence. Besides, what about SW? both Vette AND Quinn have returned. My female SW has her husband and sunshine, gunslinging twilek friend/nearly adopted sister back. I think people would nearly riot if their JK had to choose between getting Doc or Kira back. My male GS would hate to not have Risha return just because he married Akaavi. Don't get him wrong; he genuinly loves Akaavi, but he did form a freindship/platonic/nearly sibling like relationship with Risha. It'd be sad to not have her join him again for when (if) my GS ever gets back into smuggler like stuff again instead of pretending to be emperor/leader of some military/political alliance.

Tangent: I refuse to start KOTFE on my GS because I really don't feel that who story fits at all with him. But, that has been discussed alot already, so I digress...

Also, I don't like these

"you keep Vette or Torian"

scenarios in game. It feels like BW is taking an easy way out of writing both characters out of the story and thus not needing the voice talents of those voicing the characters anymore.

If you want to Romance Arcann, well, the only thing I would potentially have against it is this. Why focus BW/EA development resources into an Arcann romance instead of focusing it on other things? If they do an Arcann romance (I "hear" they are), they should at least do it well.

Also, for some reason, I always imagined for Jaesa at least, and to a degree for Ashara, they would return as "gray" jedi. The 5 (or now 7+) years away from the PC allowed them to get a balanced perspective instead of being either light or dark. I just thought that would be easiest for BW/EA instead of having to account from now on for LS/DS dialogue from said companions.

I am not saying I support or want that. To me, it just seems like the kind of thing BW/Ea would do.

My 2 cents.

1. Not a fan of any cookie cutter scenarios where you're just changing which npc shows up. BW essentially already did this with Iokath when Elara and Quinn "came back", and it was pathetically awful. BW stated back in 4.0 that they only wanted to bring back companions when "it meant something to the story". We should still hold them to that. Without any significant story chunk to go along with it, it would be no more meaningful than summoning them from the terminal on Odessan.

2. This assumes that all story going forward will be a one-fits-all storyline, something I'm not a fan of and has repeatedly been pointed out as a criticism of KotFEET.

3. Making a returning LI into a gender based decision might work for most players, but it would leave out the same-gender romance crowd who were hoping that developing new content for companions would finally allow them to romance them.

4. Ashara isn't the official apprentice to Darth Nox (that would be Xalek), but while I agree that the PC should be able to turn her to the dark side, I think it's a little cliched for both Sith classes to only draw female proteges by seducing them from the Jedi Order. No on-again/off-again with another Sith Lord? No female acolyte from the academy (kinda confused why they gave the PC Xalek, when we already had something similar in Khem Val)? No Imperial Admirals vying for favor? It's one of the reasons I think Lana Beniko fits so well as a LI for the SI. It makes a lot more sense for people with their kind of background and power.

5. I agree there needs to be more romance in general and that the reunions shouldn't be the end of any interactions, but if Bioware spends the time to deliver an Arcann romance while continuing to ignore the original LI's, it will make me rather angry and just confirm that the writers are STILL so obsessed with their failed KotFEET characters, that the player characters don't matter anymore.

I personally don't agree with some of what you said. Regarding companions returning, why have an "either or" scenario? Either get Andronikos or get Ashara. My female Sorc is devastated and suppressing depression because her pirate husband Andronikos hasn't returned, even though now she is once again a big player on the galactic front and you would *think* all her former companions would be like "hey, I know her. I wonder if her cell number still works". But, Ashara was like a sister and like you said the true apprentice to the Inquisitor/sorc (Xalek was way to brutal and blood thirsty for my LS Sorc). She'd hate their return be an "either or" occurrence. Besides, what about SW? both Vette AND Quinn have returned. My female SW has her husband and sunshine, gunslinging twilek friend/nearly adopted sister back. I think people would nearly riot if their JK had to choose between getting Doc or Kira back. My male GS would hate to not have Risha return just because he married Akaavi. Don't get him wrong; he genuinly loves Akaavi, but he did form a freindship/platonic/nearly sibling like relationship with Risha. It'd be sad to not have her join him again for when (if) my GS ever gets back into smuggler like stuff again instead of pretending to be emperor/leader of some military/political alliance.

Tangent: I refuse to start KOTFE on my GS because I really don't feel that who story fits at all with him. But, that has been discussed alot already, so I digress...

Also, I don't like these

"you keep Vette or Torian"

scenarios in game. It feels like BW is taking an easy way out of writing both characters out of the story and thus not needing the voice talents of those voicing the characters anymore.

If you want to Romance Arcann, well, the only thing I would potentially have against it is this. Why focus BW/EA development resources into an Arcann romance instead of focusing it on other things? If they do an Arcann romance (I "hear" they are), they should at least do it well.

I get your points, but the aim of my post is to get LIs as a priority. I'm not saying they shouldnt bring back eventually all companions, but at least prioritize on the LIs. So, if you are a male SI, you probably want Ashara back, and you probably want Andronikos back too, but i personally would like to get Ashara first, and i'm assuming BW wont have neither the time nor the resources to bring back both in an appropriate way, so i personally prefer my LI back first.

1. Not a fan of any cookie cutter scenarios where you're just changing which npc shows up. BW essentially already did this with Iokath when Elara and Quinn "came back", and it was pathetically awful. BW stated back in 4.0 that they only wanted to bring back companions when "it meant something to the story". We should still hold them to that. Without any significant story chunk to go along with it, it would be no more meaningful than summoning them from the terminal on Odessan.

2. This assumes that all story going forward will be a one-fits-all storyline, something I'm not a fan of and has repeatedly been pointed out as a criticism of KotFEET.

3. Making a returning LI into a gender based decision might work for most players, but it would leave out the same-gender romance crowd who were hoping that developing new content for companions would finally allow them to romance them.

4. Ashara isn't the official apprentice to Darth Nox (that would be Xalek), but while I agree that the PC should be able to turn her to the dark side, I think it's a little cliched for both Sith classes to only draw female proteges by seducing them from the Jedi Order. No on-again/off-again with another Sith Lord? No female acolyte from the academy (kinda confused why they gave the PC Xalek, when we already had something similar in Khem Val)? No Imperial Admirals vying for favor? It's one of the reasons I think Lana Beniko fits so well as a LI for the SI. It makes a lot more sense for people with their kind of background and power.

5. I agree there needs to be more romance in general and that the reunions shouldn't be the end of any interactions, but if Bioware spends the time to deliver an Arcann romance while continuing to ignore the original LI's, it will make me rather angry and just confirm that the writers are STILL so obsessed with their failed KotFEET characters, that the player characters don't matter anymore.

1. This is a consequence of lack of resources and skeleton crew. I'd like the game to go back to the 8 vanilla class stories or at the very, very least, to Empire-Republic story, and though the latter still can happen, the former wont happen at all. Let's be realistic, they've got the resources they've got, so i tried to come up with a meaningful, yet affordable way for everyone to get his/her love interest back.

They can make companions relevant by making them take part in a meaningful part of the story in an expansion, fp or chapter, be it Mako, Ashara, Jaesa or whoever.

2. Considering what we've seen up until now, an assumtion of a one-fits-all story is more plausible than assuming we'll go back to anything other than that. We may dream, but we gotta be realistic too, so lets work with the tools and resources we currently have.

3. At least, it might work for a good chunk of people. I'm all in for same gender romances too, fine with that. But currently, with no companions or LIs on sight, nobody is getting anything. At least this way, a nice portion of the population would be satisfied i guess, and the same gender romance crowd (in which i also include myself) can still eventually get what we want.

4. I know the "official" apprentice is Xalek, hence my point. He may be the "official" one, but he is not even half meaningful as Ashara is. This is totally subjective ofc, but for me, the true apprentice is Ashara, and just like many Sith got their apprentices, she should have been turn-able. It is ironic that the SW can turn Jaesa But the SI, a manipulative and cunning master of the dark side, cant turn Ashara.

5.Hmm... let us romance Arcann PLEASEEE!!!!

My 2 cents.

I get where you're coming from but a couple of things I wanted to touch on:

I would not be in favor of your instanced idea. The reason is because I have almost no faith that all the LIs in that instance wouldn't all say the same things with a couple words or maybe sentences changed. That would be so horrible I think it would actually push the story people out once and for all. Honestly I'm surprised the way Quinn and Elara were brought back didn't already do that. It's hard to make the story people mad enough to quit, but making all LIs virtually the same would do it.

Re: Ashara being turned...She is without a doubt my favorite companion. I love the voice and model. I actually admire her for not being so easily turned. The narrative forces her to make a decision she can't walk back, but she doesn't just say "**** it, where are the puppies to kick?" I know it must be infuriating to a DS Inq to not be able to turn her, but I think that just makes her a stronger and deeper character overall. I appreciate she's not just a Togruta Jaesa who becomes either too sycophantic or full-on psycho (I love Jaesa, too, btw. The scene on Hutta is always my most-anticipated and favorite in the game). I wouldn't mind if they did something really well-written that would give her a reason to go fully to one side, but again, not really getting my hopes up on that due to the way they've been bringing back other companions.

Whoa, no. My female bounty hunter is clawing the furniture (...she's a cathar :p) to go find her dear friend Mako. Mako and Torian were her family - she's got Torian back (or will, once they fix that cathar skin color bug...!), but now she's worried sick about her friend. And hey, *I* like Mako, but I'm not dragging my male BH through all of KOTFE/KOTET just to find out what happened to her.

My male consular wants to find Tharan Cedrax and Iresso (as well as Nadia) because they were his good friends and allies, and he's worried about what's happened to them in the ~7 years he hasn't seen them. But I'd have to go in with my female consular just to get them back...on that one character, and for my male consular they'd be permanently missing with only a mention of "Oh, they did [so and so], but you can never see or hear from them again"?

I don't think that's such a good idea. :/

...but as for Ashara being turned, oh heck yes please. .-. My female inquisitor was at her wits' end with that girl! And then Ashara goes and says things like "you're not what I expected - you're so light-sided!" and there's my inquisitor staring at her with full dark-side corruption on her face, utterly bewildered and wondering if Ashara hit her head.... XD

Edited by Jagaimee

NO, please prioritize keeping the game alive after monumentally stupid decision after decision. They seem bent on driving this thing to an early death.

There's no driving, it's pretty much done. Unless 6.0 brings something really awesome to the table, the game is pretty much going to pepper out and die.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.