The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Platinum Item: Emperor/Empress Title

Ylliarus

I would like to suggest for a title to be added in one of the next Cartel Packs as a new platinum item, namely the "Emperor" and "Empress" title. It's a huge pity and shame that we never got that title by completing KotET although it also is something nice as otherwise we'd see hundreds of people using that title on the fleets. So my proposition would be to make the title a platinum item that drops from a few upcoming Cartel Packs as to still give the title to players but keep it rare and unique. I'd suggest the title would look something like this:

Emperor [Character Name] - for male characters

Empress [Character Name] - for female characters

Naturally it doesn't have to be exactly like that, I could also imagine for other variations to be likeable and possible to signify that our characters can become Emperor/Empress at the end of KotET:

[Character Name], Emperor of Zakuul

[Character Name], Empress of Zakuul

[Character Name], The Eternal Emperor

[Character Name], The Eternal Empress

The Eternal Emperor [Character Name]

The Eternal Empress [Character Name]

Nonetheless, I believe the most simple and enjoyable version would be the first one I have proposed, namely Emperor [Character Name]/Empress [Character Name]. In design it will look nice and it's simple, short, as if it becomes too long it can become a bit too pretentious.

I can see it now? Will the real Emperor/Empress please stand up?

Other wise their be tons of Emperors and Empresses all over the place, whats the point?

Hence why I suggest for it to be a platinum rarity item so that the amount of people having this title would be limited. It would just be a cool addon and we already know all of our character can become Emperor/Empress so it shouldn't be too much of a big deal... besides, if you want to further have lore reasons as to why there are multiple Emperors and Empresses running around the fleets, well, you have tons of planets in the Star Wars galaxy that have an Emperor or Empress as head of state! For example Koros Major (otherwise known as Empress Teta), the Tapani Empire, the planets of Atrisia and Eiattu. So, if you'd see a few characters with the Emperor/Empress title you could assume they're the ruler of a planet that has a monarchy with an Emperor/Empress at its head and you are the Emperor/Empress of Zakuul and they can do the same for you so everyone has their own headcanon and can feel special :D

Edited by Ylliarus

I would love then as titles, but a giant No to them dropping from hypercrate as platinum... would be a lot better actually earning them through an achievement .

But the problem with this is that you'd get way more people running around with the title than if it were a platinum rarity item. There are still even people who complain about the fact there are so many Darths running around, they'd complain even more if it were the exact same case for the Emperor/Empress title. This way however you can limit the amount of players having the title so that it would still feel unique a special.

Or have it come from a very hard achievement that only a handful of players can get their hands on it like with the Wings of the Architect. Who knows maybe even they could pull out Valkorion's fight at the end of KotET and also make it an operation so that you can earn an Emperor/Empress title if you defeat Nightmare mode.

But the problem with this is that you'd get way more people running around with the title than if it were a platinum rarity item. There are still even people who complain about the fact there are so many Darths running around, they'd complain even more if it were the exact same case for the Emperor/Empress title. This way however you can limit the amount of players having the title so that it would still feel unique a special.

Or have it come from a very hard achievement that only a handful of players can get their hands on it like with the Wings of the Architect. Who knows maybe even they could pull out Valkorion's fight at the end of KotET and also make it an operation so that you can earn an Emperor/Empress title if you defeat Nightmare mode.

This is also why the feature of Ignore is created... I would rather have the titles to earn than having to buy a hypercrate and have the chances of it dropping very slim, to where I'll have to pay hundreds of millions of credits just for a title.

Nice! Another platinum rarity suggestion thread, keep giving them more ways to shave off more of the population.

Have fun showing off the title to a fleet of 1 to less than 5 server population.

Nice! Another platinum rarity suggestion thread, keep giving them more ways to shave off more of the population.

Have fun showing off the title to a fleet of 1 to less than 5 server population.

I doubt something like this would shave off more population. Do you want the game to keep producing content and new things? Well, in case you didn't know, they need money for that to be able to invest in resources and hire personnel. Whether we like it or not it's all part of a giant company who wants to make profit, so in order to stay afloat and keep running they need to have this game be profitable in the eyes of EA in order to avoid getting shut down.

So it's only logical platinum items are being made and released as they do move people to buy those packs with the hope they'll get the item. I know it's not fair towards the players, I know RNG and gambling suck, but do you have the millions of funds they need and will to donate to keep SWTOR and Bioware afloat? No? Then they have to resort to this to be able to keep running the game.

Edited by Ylliarus

Whether you see it or not, this game has only until next year until it's shutdown from the way things are going. Adding two platinum items won't change anything to the game except for players having to spend their hard earned millions of credits on a title eventually they'll get bored of using. I just don't see it being worth platinum , gold for sure but like I mentioned in my previous posting, I would rather earn it instead of buying it.

I would like to suggest for a title to be added in one of the next Cartel Packs as a new platinum item, namely the "Emperor" and "Empress" title. It's a huge pity and shame that we never got that title by completing KotET although it also is something nice as otherwise we'd see hundreds of people using that title on the fleets. So my proposition would be to make the title a platinum item that drops from a few upcoming Cartel Packs as to still give the title to players but keep it rare and unique. I'd suggest the title would look something like this:

Naturally it doesn't have to be exactly like that, I could also imagine for other variations to be likeable and possible to signify that our characters can become Emperor/Empress at the end of KotET:

Nonetheless, I believe the most simple and enjoyable version would be the first one I have proposed, namely Emperor [Character Name]/Empress [Character Name]. In design it will look nice and it's simple, short, as if it becomes too long it can become a bit too pretentious.

I dont say this often, but this is a good idea. I agree with ; this sounds really good.

I dont say this often, but this is a good idea. I agree with Eshvara (2nd post); this sounds really good.

You can already get this title unconventionally at least. I've had it since they changed the character to being allowed two names and having to rename my sin who was simply Mara. Ever since they made the change she has been Empress Mara and it drives people nuts sending me whispers how I got that title.

For some reason Empress works fine but you can't use Queen in a name. As my poor smuggler Emeraldas found out. Unless you're willing to garble it with special characters. Which I was unwilling to do would have ruined all the fun.

Gender-specific title would be really cool... it's kind of stupid my female toons are Lords, just like male ones. Dark Lady of the Sith sounds really nice and so would Empress.

Lord is a gender neutral title in Star Wars. Lady is an entirely different title altogether. And frankly, gendered titles are a little ridiculous anyway, in my opinion- not everything needs an "ess" tacked onto it, especially when one's gender is irrelevant for their occupation.. Like "Agentess" or "Mistress Jedi"- it's just fairly unnecessary.

Edited by SourOrange

[Character Name], Emperor of the Eternal Alliance.

[Character Name], Empress of the Eternal Alliance.

You do not assume the title of Eternal Emperor/Empress - listen to what the DS option actually says.

[Character Name], Emperor of the Eternal Alliance.

[Character Name], Empress of the Eternal Alliance.

You do not assume the title of Eternal Emperor/Empress - listen to what the DS option actually says.

I know you don't assume the title of Eternal Emperor/Empress, but since you named your Alliance "The Eternal Alliance" *shivers severely at the name* then as a cosmetic variations I don't think Eternal Emperor/Empress would be too much of a stretch :p