The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Would you be interested (more interested)in Cartel packs if...

Eshvara

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can halve the price and it wouldn't make me any more inclined to play at BW's gambling table. In addition to the poor quality of the items themselves recently in terms of SW feel, there is of course the matter of drop rate. That is the real deal breaker here, not the actual cost of the packs themselves (imho). I am willing to pay for a specific item, an armor set, etc. that I like, but I will not pay real money for a miniscule chance that maybe I will get the item I'm after.

Get back to the basics. How about more variants of Imperial Officer sets? We see these in abundance throughout the game. I would buy those via direct purchase. I would like access to some of the Republic officer uniforms too, without having to grind rep via GSF (gives me motion sickness). Perhaps the Imperial Trooper armor from the Collector's edition? The game has been out long enough I think we can finally make that accessible to all through direct purchase.

Cartel packs are only viable going forward if (1) the drop rate is drastically improved and (2) it is coupled with a recommitment to Star Wars immersion. By that I mean abandon the Zakuul, Iokath inspired cosmetics. It's so tiresome at this point.

Edited by StrangeDais

That would be a significantly worse situation than what we have now, so no.

Firstly, I will not use my funds to buy a chance to win an item I want. I want to know I'm getting what I want to get if I use real money to purchase anything. I'm not a gambler- I want to know I'm making a good investment for the time, place and subject matter when I hand over my money in the first place. So even if the packs were half price, I wouldn't buy them.

Secondly, the items being purely for personal use would kill any chance for anyone to accrue items such as cosmetics or furniture if they were unwilling to buy packs.. Which would basically force you to fork over real money, or go without. Even with the outrageous inflation, people right now at least have a hope that someday they can get something on the GTN. A nice armour set on Ebon Hawk goes for around ten million- that's overly expensive, but if you're dedicated to getting it, still doable.

If items couldn't be sold, people unwilling to buy packs would go from hopeful to hopeless. And I feel like that would deal an insurmountable blow to a lot of people. Right now, I don't think the game can afford to make another big mistake like that.

So no, I would not buy them, and I think it would be a huge mistake.

By that I mean abandon the Zakuul, Iokath inspired cosmetics. It's so tiresome at this point.

I could not agree more. There's miles and miles and miles of basic ground they haven't even covered yet. Poor Alec has been begging for traditional Jedi robes for years now..

Edited by SourOrange

I know this is a bit off topic, but I would purchase WAY more crates if there was a simple way to toss the junk I get. Like if there was a CM "junk" vendor I could sell useless stuff to (for 0 cc) rather than having to destroy, my lazy self would buy a ton more. This is prolly the #1 thing that makes me have second thoughts about buying crates.

I stopped buying any of the CM Packs long ago primarily because 90% of what I got was Junk. The Main items in the packs that I wanted seemed to be less and less and on too many occasions Didn't even have what I wanted. The Frustration, money loss (for nothing) and thoughts that RNG is always there and seldom completely *Random (Junk filler 80%/ what you want 20%). The prices, RNG and thoughts about the future of SWTOR have stopped any money other then my Subscription for me. :(

*IF... a Direct sale on certain items primarily from the classic packs I might but doubtful.

I buy them if there is something good in the packs worthwhile actually dropping any $$ on them. So I guess if they want me to buy more -- they need to put in more decent armors etc instead of silly armors that have parts that stick out of what would otherwise be a fine set etc.