Class Changes: Marksmanship Sniper / Sharpshooter Gunslinger

EricMusco

I'm surprised MM is apparently slightly overperforming still after the massive nerf previously but I still like my MM snipers today so I think this slight nerf isn't that bad.

What I am seeing already in pugs in particular but also lazy guildies, is that these nerfs is starting to show more clearly how many people are not playing their class properly at all. There's a huge difference in how long boss fights last even in SM. A lot of boss fights in SM take a lot longer these days, because people didn't learn to get more out of their class.

After seeing all of the changes made in the past few months, I would fire your balance team. The point of the game is to make money and nerfs to 80% of the classes just causes people to unsubscribe. Hitting a magical number for dps isn't worth losing money, if you think dps numbers as a whole are too high (your balance team obviously does) work it out on the other end i.e. increase boss health or mitigation.

That aside, MM's didn't need a nerf, its not unplayable now, but that shouldn't be the bar in which a spec is measured.

Hey folks,

Below you will find the upcoming changes for Marksmanship and Sharpshooter in Game Update 5.5.

-eric

so let me get this right you are nerfing all these classes for PVP base and hurting PVE OPPS because your PVP driven now and not story driven instead of sitting around looking at ways to hurt the player base and lie about being story driven and to me that means PVE should come first ..i read this its from 5 days ago and it sounds right ..you guys are killing this game that used to be fun now its just a bore no wonder players are going back to WOW ....Can EA/Bioware Revitalize Star Wars: The Old Republic Player Base?

Posted by igxegold on 2017/09/20 | Leave a comment

There are many goals that really need to be taken into consideration in regards to sustaining an MMORPG. And following running for many years, there’s a variety of Star Wars: The Old Republic players who are asking yourself in the event the game can buy SWTOR credits ever return to its glory days.

Whilst the MMORPG was a hyped-up game when it was initially revealed, as the game released, and time went on, players started to notice a drastic dip in good quality. PvP is unplayable in quite a few players’ minds, plus the story content material is usually excellent, but is inconsistent. This has caused an exodus in the game. And for all those on Reddit who nevertheless play it, a single question looms:

“What are some things that Bioware/EA could do to help revitalize the player base?”

It really is an truthful query, along with a fair a single. And one particular that quite a few Redditors are pleased to answer. Some don’t feel it might be fixed, stating that EA would basically have to “invest in the game” for that to take place. Others are slightly much more optimistic, but feel that the game needs long-term content material to actually get Star Wars: The Old Republic back on track.

Some consider that salvation lies in Free-To-Play. As of now, the game is Free-To-Play, but with heavy restrictions. Several on Reddit think that the game needs to be complete on F2P so as to get cheap SWTOR Credits people back. Others believe story is the answer, while some think bug fixes and adjustments could possibly bring individuals back, it really is as varied as the players themselves.

The query still looms though, can Star Wars: The Old Republic win the players back?

so let me get this right you are nerfing all these classes for PVP base and hurting PVE OPPS because your PVP driven now and not story driven instead of sitting around looking at ways to hurt the player base and lie about being story driven and to me that means PVE should come first .?

First off I play both pve and PvP. I main tank guardians, dps on vigi guardians, and my healer is an operative.

What pvpers have been begging for is balance to eefensives not dps nerfs. Overall numbers balance is not merely a PvP balance. Besides which, almost every class is getting or has gotten a nerf. My hypothesis/opinion is that they feel the classes are over buffed in 248 gear, making ops too easy, but I have no way of knowing.

What would be nice was some basic info on metrics and how they make class balance decisions.