Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Just now, JakRoanin said:

Oh BH wanted to say "I'm married to Theron Shan" to Jonas Balker when he was hitting on her! It bummed me out hard.

Felt the same with my JK, was a bit annoyed that there was no option to tell him she was already with someone (even without mentioning specifically Theron by name, there are many other LIs the Commander could be with, and that would make them feel Jonas' flirting would be unwelcomed)

Just now, JakRoanin said:

Oh BH wanted to say "I'm married to Theron Shan" to Jonas Balker when he was hitting on her! It bummed me out hard.

oh man, I would love so much to be able to shut that shameless flirt machine down with "um actually, married".... sighs.  literally 0 of my characters have been impressed with his attempts to constantly hit on them 😠

1 minute ago, cannibithobbal said:

wait, as a HC or does he actually? haha  either way ❤️

Yeah it happens in the class story. It's for a mission but still XD (oh noes spoilers ><)

Edited by eabevella

2 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

IMO you can't play a trooper and not love Jonas. Honestly, it's time to pull the trigger and give people a real romance with him instead of just chatter. Theron Jonas and Jorgun in a cantina, please make it happen!

oh, my trooper is constantly having to tell him to be professional or just ignores his flirts completely 🤣  until playing trooper I didn't realize he was actually decent underneath though, it did make me like him more.  But I would never have a character flirt back. 

....actually, no, that's a lie.  my male agent would totally flirt back 100%.  😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Yeah it happens in the class story. It's for a mission but still XD (oh noes spoilers ><)

oh, I know about the Voss marriage, my agent got married on Voss haha   I mean does Theron actually reference it at some point or is that part just a HC? 😄

Just now, cannibithobbal said:

oh, I know about the Voss marriage, my agent got married on Voss haha   I mean does Theron actually reference it at some point or is that part just a HC? 😄

I hope it's canon, it would be SO funny lol

When he tells off Garza, he got my eternal respect. I mean he's an angel compared to Senior Agent Zane. Hey, wait, do you think Theron knows Zane? What if Jonas and Theron teamed up to take him out. I might have to write that one.

11 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

When he tells off Garza, he got my eternal respect. I mean he's an angel compared to Senior Agent Zane. Hey, wait, do you think Theron knows Zane? What if Jonas and Theron teamed up to take him out. I might have to write that one.

agreed, f*** that guy lol 

I have totally wondered if Theron and Jonas know each other.... do we know for sure and I missed it? 

tbh since we will almost certainly never get anything of the sort in game, my (probably dumb to be fair) HC is that Theron does know him and also knows exactly what he's like, so at some point when he knows his LI is gonna be meeting with Jonas he strolls up as Jonas is hitting on them and they're trying to politely ignore him, and Theron makes a point to flirt with them himself or greet them in an obviously romantic way to be a bit cheeky, and said LI rolls with it and kisses him and makes sure it's in the longest-and-most-awkward-for-Jonas-just-standing-there-watching-as-possible way (ya know, like on the fleet after Corellia when they even make Lana feel awkward lol), then after Theron is just like "oh, hi Jonas, sorry to interrupt/been a while/whatever" 😄  (oh, and, I don't think this would actually stop Jonas at all but it would be funny)

Edited by cannibithobbal

Silly headcanons about Theron trying and probably ultimately failing to get Jonas to stop flirting with his LI aside 😅, it would be awesome if Theron would join one of the times our character has a meeting with Jonas, or if Jonas would set something up that it would make sense for Theron to be involved with.  I mean just in general it would make sense for Theron to be involved with SIS interactions since he knows exactly how they operate and is, ya know, the spy boy in the Alliance.  This needs to happen.

26 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

ah, good, excellent!   my silly headcanon is safe then 😅

Yep they know each other, as JakRoanin, said there's a short story with them.

It's also said when playing a Trooper through KOTFE that Theron got his intel about Jorgan and Havoc through Jonas

5 minutes ago, Goreshaga said:

Yep they know each other, as JakRoanin, said there's a short story with them.

It's also said when playing a Trooper through KOTFE that Theron got his intel about Jorgan and Havoc through Jonas

ohhhh that makes a lot of sense!   Kinda surprised they don't name drop him regardless of class you play on, would explain a lot for people who don't play through on trooper but know the trooper story (or other people can put it together when meeting Jonas later).  gdi Theron and your constant cagey references to nameless "contacts" 😅

Like I said someone has to put Jonas, Theron, and Jorgun in a bar together with lots of Rodian Ale. Let the good times roll. My BH, and my Fem Cathar Trooper would be sitting in the corner shooting whiskey with medpacs on standby. LOL

35 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

Like I said someone has to put Jonas, Theron, and Jorgun in a bar together with lots of Rodian Ale. Let the good times roll. My BH, and my Fem Cathar Trooper would be sitting in the corner shooting whiskey with medpacs on standby. LOL

😂  Yes, I would watch/enjoy the crap out of that. 

My SW would 100% do the same, she loves a good party.  My JK might come with and just chill and enjoy the show, but my JC would definitely be like "have fun with the boys, darling" and stay home hahaha

Jorgun and Jonas start doing shots.

Theron: This is not a good idea.

Jonas: Mama's boy.

Jorgun: Nah he just can't hold his liquor without the implants.

Theron: Seriously? Powers down the implants. Let's do this.

Fem Trooper: Kolto? Check. Bandages? Check. Bone Knitter? Check. Pain Killers? Not a chance. 

BH: I'll be laughing so hard in the morning.

Fem Trooper: And denying these idiots caf.

• Like 1

An unrelated question for anyone who's got a good recording handy:

I am curious whether non-force users have a different line here, particularly in place of the "I can feel it", since that is such a Jedi/force thing?  Or do they just say "I can feel it" like they can feel it in their gut or something?  Just curious since as a Jedi line I really love it.

I just really love how JK says that whole line (wish I had JC recorded to compare), it's so perfect.  And I just love the line in general from a Jedi because to me it says, like, even beyond their love or friendship giving them a reason, of course they wouldn't have ever lost faith in Theron, because deep down they could always feel Theron's good intentions, even from across the galaxy ❤️  (ahhh, the feels are reals.  this is why I Jedi.)

Edited by cannibithobbal

1 hour ago, JakRoanin said:

Jorgun and Jonas start doing shots.

Theron: This is not a good idea.

Jonas: Mama's boy.

Jorgun: Nah he just can't hold his liquor without the implants.

Theron: Seriously? Powers down the implants. Let's do this.

Fem Trooper: Kolto? Check. Bandages? Check. Bone Knitter? Check. Pain Killers? Not a chance. 

BH: I'll be laughing so hard in the morning.

Fem Trooper: And denying these idiots caf.

🤣

You have no idea how much I love the idea of Theron turning his implants off to try to prove he can still hold his liquor lmao

Alternately, or as a sequel to that party: Theron pretends to turn them off then proceeds to totally drink them both under the table until one of them is about to collapse and realizes "....you didn't turn them off, did you" "I was about to, but then I remembered how my head felt the last time" "you cheating--- {flop}" "We both know I would have beat you anyway"

Edited by cannibithobbal
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 5:17 PM, Goreshaga said:

I'll never be able to do that with a DS character. I used a start at KOTET token SW to try out the super DS playthrough, but i just could not get past Iokath before deleting him, i'd have been unable to let Theron on Nathema honestly.

Picked that one with my BH, i think it's one of the things she's dona she hated the most doing but it was in the contract.

If i can't unstuck my JK who's stuck on GEMINI, i can always try to take the one who's nearly up to date with the story to record that, though this one told Lana about the old man in her head, so i'll not be able to see if i still have the different dialogue.

I'd say, their canonical Outlander is most certainly romancing Lana, but if you're romancing Theron, it'd make more sense for him to be in an undercover mode.

Yea, it'll be a hard playthrough, I just know it. I may not get far past post game either. But I keep thinking about it! Especially because of this fanart I stumbled upon❤️ Though my warrior will romance Quinn, I have decided. 🤔 He sounds interesting and so conflicted, poor Boo.

Lana reminds me of Liara in that Liara is the canonical love interest in Mass Effect. (I always romance Kaidan.) I think the canon class is Soldier in that game, while in this one it is Jedi Knight. I love Liara. She is, and will always be, along with Garrus, my Shepard's best friend for life. 💖

On 5/17/2023 at 6:20 PM, cannibithobbal said:

I don't think I could EVER play through the story as an evil character, ngl 😅  My most evil character is my SI, and even she is mostly just power hungry and will not take anyone crossing her or her allies, she is not completely evil.  If you manage to do that, report back, it sounds like a horrible time tbh, I can provide virtual hugs of moral support 😥

Yes, you nailed it. ❤️  I also love that he is smol. ❤️  Here is my boy.  He is not smol but he is still sassy.

I think I may need those hugs. 😂 For it does sound like a whole lot of Not Fun. I think I'll go for it and romance Quinn. He sounds like another character that was stuck between a rock and a hard spot and did what he could in such a situation. I don't even know the character yet, and I feel for him. 

Ohh! Nice! Not how imagined him though. I thought he would have tattoos. 😉 Love Kalyio's outfit. She looks very classy in whatever set that is.🤩

On 5/17/2023 at 2:59 PM, Goreshaga said:

Hm, that's weird, maybe it was triggered by an option in a previous dialogue, but i was surprised he didn't mention it, considering she knows about it whether you tell her or not. I'll have to replay the chapter though as i wasn't recording at that moment, to see if it may be a consequence of another dialogue option (if he still doesn't know the second time i play that part) or if it was just a bug. Unfortunately i'm a bit stuck on the GEMINI fight on that character, so it'll either have to wait for me to finally beat her or i'll replay the chapter if i get tired of that fight.

If we were on the same server, would we be able to help each other on chapters and quests like that one? And don't stress about finishing the fight anytime soon. I can be patient and wait. 😉

On 5/18/2023 at 10:41 AM, eabevella said:

Meanwhile Theron is like "wait, you're married on Voss?" to agent lol

On 5/18/2023 at 10:54 AM, eabevella said:

I hope it's canon, it would be SO funny lol

Wait, really? That is awesome! I miss my Voss wife. (Even though it was fake.) She was so sweet and she sacrificed so much for that mission by going through with a ceremony that meant so much to their people. I would love to see her again to say hi. I've looked through the datamine for her for the upcoming patch and she isn't in it 😥Thus, having someone mention her indirectly is wonderful and I am really looking forward to that.

Oh, that's not canon. Drat!!! 😂

On 5/18/2023 at 10:52 AM, cannibithobbal said:

oh, my trooper is constantly having to tell him to be professional or just ignores his flirts completely 🤣  until playing trooper I didn't realize he was actually decent underneath though, it did make me like him more.  But I would never have a character flirt back. 

....actually, no, that's a lie.  my male agent would totally flirt back 100%.  😄

So would mine! My agent flirted all the time with Hunter

Spoiler

( I really love Hunter! Yes, I know he/she was constantly brainwashing and trying to kill me - but so does Scorpio 😂. My agent is used to such characters. I really wanted to save her! Take her away and care for her. She's the first character he ever had feelings for and the reason he is Bi. I need to compile everything and make an IA/Hunter romance video one day.)

, after all. 😂 It's a shame that Jonas only talks about Theron to a Trooper. Even more of a shame that there is all that flirting and nothing comes of it. I would create a character to shamelessly flirt back with him. I'll eventually get around to creating a Trooper.

On 5/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, cannibithobbal said:

I have totally wondered if Theron and Jonas know each other.... do we know for sure and I missed it? 

Yup! They're actually good friends. Jonas will talk to certain PCs about Theron. Also, here, the short story for you. One Night in the Dealer's Den 😉 It's a fun read! ❤️

23 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

An unrelated question for anyone who's got a good recording handy:

I am curious whether non-force users have a different line here, particularly in place of the "I can feel it", since that is such a Jedi/force thing?  Or do they just say "I can feel it" like they can feel it in their gut or something?  Just curious since as a Jedi line I really love it.

I just really love how JK says that whole line (wish I had JC recorded to compare), it's so perfect.  And I just love the line in general from a Jedi because to me it says, like, even beyond their love or friendship giving them a reason, of course they wouldn't have ever lost faith in Theron, because deep down they could always feel Theron's good intentions, even from across the galaxy ❤️  (ahhh, the feels are reals.  this is why I Jedi.)

Took me a while to find it. It was fun watching all those recordings again after so long. I keep getting distracted by other videos. Theron even cares about some of his allies during that arc. Again, his heart is so big❣️ He looks truly upset too! The animators really do a great job on all of Theron's facial expressions. 

PC: "End of the line, Theron."

Valss: "Go! I'll hold them off!"

Theron: "No! You'll never win!"

Valss: "Victory isn't my fate, Theron. It's yours."

Anyway, to answer your question, nope, the line is the same but the delivery is different. My BH stressed both 'still' and 'feel' there. So, for non-sensitives, it's definitely more of an instinct and hope for the future. Here is the BH recording. My JC and agent aren't there yet for you to hear. 

I really liked that conversation and many other scenes with Arcann. I'm constantly happy that I didn't kill Senya and thus spared Arcann. He really changed a lot. 

And speaking of scenes we would like to hear variations of! Here I have the BH and IA flirts with Theron at the end of Manaan and the reunion on Rishi on the Imperial side. I really love the way Theron's response to the flirt on Manaan works together so well with BH. 💖 Since I have only heard these flirts on BH and agent, currently, to me, it feels as if that flirt segment was written with the BH in mind. Does anyone have the flirts on SW and SI so I can hear them?

Edited by yenzin
fixed some spelling and spacing. Ack! Keep noticing mistakes only after they are quoted. :D
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.