The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I am sad that Theron and Lana didn't just go to the eternal throne regardless, honestly.  They weren't doing anything more important!  They really could have helped hold off the knights while Senya and Arcann joined in the mindscape, it would have made a lot of sense.  And then we could have that romantic dialogue in all versions.

Knowing that they go instead in an alt version if you killed Arcann and Senya, well, let's just say adding them and having all 4 go with you is one thing I would absolutely change in KotET if I could.

I would not lose the scene where Theron says "I love you" and "You're gonna look great sitting on that throne" for anything though.  Does that scene still happen if he's actually planning to go with you?  I would hope so, but idk, it definitely feels like something he's saying because he's worried there's a chance he might not see them again.

23 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

I am sad that Theron and Lana didn't just go to the eternal throne regardless, honestly.  They weren't doing anything more important!  They really could have helped hold off the knights while Senya and Arcann joined in the mindscape, it would have made a lot of sense.  And then we could have that romantic dialogue in all versions.

Knowing that they go instead in an alt version if you killed Arcann and Senya, well, let's just say adding them and having all 4 go with you is one thing I would absolutely change in KotET if I could.

I would not lose the scene where Theron says "I love you" and "You're gonna look great sitting on that throne" for anything though.  Does that scene still happen if he's actually planning to go with you?  I would hope so, but idk, it definitely feels like something he's saying because he's worried there's a chance he might not see them again.

Yeah it would have made sense too, and would not have cost romance content for saving Arcann and Senya.

I think it's still there regardless of you saving Arcann or not, but as i've never done that with a Theronmancer i'm not sure. Guess i'll know when i'll get there.

16 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

Ok, finally got to play them, have to say, while I'm glad to have heard it (for reasons detailed below), would never pick the second option, at least not on any character in a solid relationship with Theron at that point.  idk if it is just JK VA's delivery (though I don't think it is, I think it's how the whole scene was written) but it almost sounds borderline dismissive - or at least making way too light - of Theron's worried feelings - not to mention his trauma - in that moment, as opposed to reassuring him, and Theron actually sounds quite upset about it (understandably!!) -- I'm honestly surprised that that was option 2 and not option 3, as option 3 is usually the "least good" option and that exchange felt a bit... tense.  It actually felt a bit weird and out of place as a romantic exchange tbh.

If they had the same basic content but in a sweeter scene (Like "I know you have abandonment issues, and for good reason, but you aren't going to lose me, don't worry" and not played off as dismissive to the point it makes Theron upset) then it would be amazing and my go-to option.  Because as a character moment for Theron, it's the only time I've ever actually heard him admit out loud that he has abandonment issues over his mother leaving him, let alone hearing his significant other acknowledge out loud that they understand that that's why Theron worries so much, which is kind of huge, both for Theron's character development and for their relationship, considering almost every other time Theron discusses his abandonment he tries to brush it off as if it doesn't bother him even though he's fooling absolutely nobody.  

I also like that this dialogue fully canonizes abandonment issues as a part of his character and as the reason for him worrying, meaning it's not just something we observe and extrapolate/assume about his character based on what we do know, it's completely canon and intended, which I love knowing as a fan of Theron.  (I wish I knew about this dialogue sooner, because of that!)

But it's weird how instead the scene as is feels like the PC is reading the room real badly and making light of Theron's greatest emotional trauma while Theron's trying to be worried and it makes Theron upset.  Like, kissing him there is more like a bloody apology than a sweet "I'll be ok" goodbye!

The actual third option, though? aw man, soooo adorable.  🥰  (you were right, you know me too well, I love that one 🥰)  My JK does do a wee bit of enjoying of the risk-taking and crazy shenanigans, and likes to be a bit cheeky, so if I do end up with another full playthrough I will pick this one for sure.  I like it equally with the option 1 that I picked before, would be nice to have one of each.  Both are like, being a bit cheeky with Theron but without dismissing his feelings, which fits their relationship perfectly ❤️

Edit to add: omg, I just noticed something when I short clipped and watched these two versions back to back.  This is my character walking away after the adorable #3 option, and this is him walking away after the second one.  Cute romantic smile after the third one, but HE'S ACTUALLY MAD after the second one, clearly that was not meant to be the good romantic option (I feel like the devs messed up putting that in slot 2).  I feel vindicated about feeling off about the exchange.

Those are all great points! ❤️ And I am having a hard time forming my thoughts together to respond just as intelligently to your post. I keep erasing whole paragraphs. 😅

The second option really does make light of the trauma in a way. 🤔 I hadn't thought it like that. I always thought of it as a means to be reassuring and failing. I like the "You aren't going to lose me," part of that line a lot. The entire line can come off as even more dismissive though depending on the class and voice acting. I too would have loved for it to be more of an "I know you have abandonment issues, and for good reason, but you aren't going to lose me, don't worry" line. Like you said, the fact that Theron acknowledges that he has trauma and shares it with the PC is so huge! And yes, Theron does sound upset in response to that and once again, brushes his own feelings aside straight away. He keeps doing that. Stop it, Theron! Don't make light of your feelings!

I always took the expression on the second one to be the character's mission Into the Breach We Go face. Especially on my agent whose face always looks resolved when he is about to execute someone. I wonder if it is intended to be an upset face or simply very resolved and focused like how I interpret it. 🤔

I too was curious as to why the second option wasn't in the third spot but I think it is because the first and third options have Theron saying something at the end so they are nice bookends to the second option in which he says nothing.

Ultimately, after a lot of soul searching, I don't think my agent is far enough into the relationship by now to know about the trauma instead of just reading too much into things based on current available data. Which up to that point is very limited. I may go for the third line for my official romance video. 

On 5/12/2023 at 9:27 AM, eabevella said:

I picked the 1st one because at that point my Agent has been with Theron for quite a while (since my Jedi Knight is the Outlander, my agent had 5 extra years for the slow burn, which drove Lana crazy) and "depend on how you asked" sounds like when he used to tease Theron to test his reaction only that it's real instead of seduction-spy-game now.

I picked the 2nd one for my SI because he's a bit too straightforward sometimes but he didn't mean ill. Well, to Theron at least. It's more of a "I know your weakness but that's safe with me" which is big for a Sith to think of someone as such.

Never picked the 3rd on for some reason.

I love that head cannon. 😍 I should adopt something like that. As it stands, my agent's slow burn is not fitting smoothly into the romance because there aren't enough flirt lines. Need more! 

Agreed! Theron can share all of his secrets with me and be assured that they will never be used against him. ❤️

17 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

I think i've always taken the 1st option, but now, i don't really know what i'll pick next time i play it with a clone of my JK. Slightly frustrating when all 3 options are good, because i only have 1 character who romances Theron and it'll be a dilema to choose now. Guess i'll have to listen to the 3 to see which one would fit her personality the most, and which of Theron's answers i prefer.

Agreed! The lines are delivered so well and they are all so different to allow for different feelings on the relationship up to that point. I really love the romance all around. 💖

Thanks for the responses, everyone. They helped. 🤗

Here are the videos of the three dialogue options with the male agent and male bounty hunter if any of you want to hear the voice acting in the scene with them.

And I really need to catch up on this chat. I am two pages behind now. 😅

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yenzin said:

Here are the videos of the three dialogue options with the male agent and male bounty hunter if any of you want to hear the voice acting in the scene with them.

Oh, nice, thanks for that.

Will have to see for myself how it sounds with the female JK's voice, but i'll admit 1 is nice, not overly fond of 2, and i quite like 3, so i think it'll be either 1 or 3, but i could totally see my JK going for 3 actually.

1 hour ago, yenzin said:

Those are all great points! ❤️ And I am having a hard time forming my thoughts together to respond just as intelligently to your post. I keep erasing whole paragraphs. 😅

The second option really does make light of the trauma in a way. 🤔 I hadn't thought it like that. I always thought of it as a means to be reassuring and failing. I like the "You aren't going to lose me," part of that line a lot. The entire line can come off as even more dismissive though depending on the class and voice acting. I too would have loved for it to be more of an "I know you have abandonment issues, and for good reason, but you aren't going to lose me, don't worry" line. Like you said, the fact that Theron acknowledges that he has trauma and shares it with the PC is so huge! And yes, Theron does sound upset in response to that and once again, brushes his own feelings aside straight away. He keeps doing that. Stop it, Theron! Don't make light of your feelings!

I always took the expression on the second one to be the character's mission Into the Breach We Go face. Especially on my agent whose face always looks resolved when he is about to execute someone. I wonder if it is intended to be an upset face or simply very resolved and focused like how I interpret it. 🤔

I too was curious as to why the second option wasn't in the third spot but I think it is because the first and third options have Theron saying something at the end so they are nice bookends to the second option in which he says nothing.

Ultimately, after a lot of soul searching, I don't think my agent is far enough into the relationship by now to know about the trauma instead of just reading too much into things based on current available data. Which up to that point is very limited. I may go for the third line for my official romance video. 

Thanks for the responses, everyone. They helped. 🤗

And I really need to catch up on this chat. I am two pages behind now. 😅

Ok, after watching your videos (ty for those btw!), I have to say, the agent version sounds waaaay less dismissive in the second one than JK does, so part of the issue I had was how the VA did the line.  Normally I love male JK's VA, and especially how he delivers romantic lines with Theron (they are often more playful and cheeky, while still exuding "I love you" undertones) but on that exchange, I think he didn't do it as good, or interpreted the scene in a really different way which I didn't like anyway lol.   Whereas on the third option he 100% plays as "I'm cheeky but I love you, and I know you love me even though I'm cheeky or maybe because I'm cheeky" and it's perfect imo.  First one is just sweet.

Here is my recording of all three versions.  (It might still be processing, I'm posting impatiently, give it a few mins lol)

Even with the better agent delivery though, I still think it's by far the most "negative" of the exchanges, Theron is clearly upset no matter what, and it's still somehow dismissive of his emotional trauma and his worrying.  But definitely agent sounds like he wasn't trying to make light of it (maybe even trying to be reassuring but saying the wrong thing) but hit a nerve and Theron got upset because he did not want to talk about his trauma in that moment.  Which contrasts to JK, where like I said it played like JK making light of his trauma and Theron being upset about him making light of it, and it's so out of place with their relationship/every other romantic exchange they have the whole game.  Like if anything it kinda felt like they had a small fight, and the fact Theron loves him so much is the only reason he wasn't more upset!

You make a very solid point about maybe the "angry" face is just going back to the "determined" face he had before their convo.  You are probably right, actually haha  But either way, that exchange with Theron was clearly not sweet enough to result in him leaving it with a smile on his face like the other two did!

I definitely still can't get over how huge it is to have them talk openly about Theron's abandonment issues and trauma, and Theron admitting it, and just sooooo wish it was in an overall sweeter scene.  Maybe sometime in the future we will get to tell Theron "I know you have abandonment issues, and for good reason, but you aren't going to lose me, don't worry"..... I want to tell him that.  He deserves to hear that.

Edited by cannibithobbal
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2023 at 7:32 PM, cannibithobbal said:

Today in me being randomly amused by things:

In the chapter 15 scene that has the stage performer option, I forgot just how much Theron poses like a badass as he gets on the holo for absolutely no discernable reason other than to look like a badass (you succeeded, Theron, congrats).  But I forgot even more that immediately before, my JK (with dualsaber) does an equally unnecessary but badass looking one handed saber flip (hardly the first time, but I always love it).  (And yes, I clipped it.)  Which leads me to definitely the only reasonable conclusion possible (definitely), which is that they each knew the other was watching and wanted to show off 😆

I am curious now if other characters ALSO do some kind of unnecessary cool show off move, or if it's just Jedi with dualsabers lol

If anyone else has clips of other characters (or Jedi with other weapons for that matter) doing things, I would love to see how they also show off for Theron (definitely, presumably).

Ohh, I like saber twirl there, JK. 🌟 Very nice. Don't cut your leg off. 😉 Like others said, BH and Agent don't do any flairs. They just walk about that scene, all serious, with their guns aimed at the ready. Makes Theron look even cooler and sexier when he poses with his weapon and his eyebrow raised. 😍 (He looks very awesome in that scene....)

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen any of my characters do a gun flair. 🤔 They just holster their weapons when they are done killing things. If Theron is the only one with sexy gun flairs, then I am perfectly fine with that. 🥰

On 5/11/2023 at 11:08 PM, cannibithobbal said:

Somehow it tracks that it's just the JK that feels the need to look extra cool tbh 😅

(and Theron.  but Theron always looks cool.)

edit: on the topic of Theron looking cool, I also present: exhibit A exhibit B

(it's also midnight and I should really be sleeping not making Theron gifs but here we are lol)

😲😱 😱(<- super excited fan scream) How did you make those?! I love them!!!! I've tried to make gifs before and can't.

On 5/12/2023 at 2:48 AM, eabevella said:

Those gif should be subbed with "should I say it like a spy? Target eliminated."

Here's Agent hold his gun while the JK do a fancy trick with their laser sword. The sarcasm he put into the line about how the gemini reminded him about Belsavis is *chef kiss* too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rtC6JYssY

Looking at this made me realize I reeeeealy should do a new recording since I have greatly upgraded my wardrobe since then.

I like that many of the classes have lines like that when talking to past companions. Being able to mention to Scorpio about past events is a nice touch, for example. And YES about the voice acting there. He really nails those dry, sarcastic lines. ❣️

On 5/12/2023 at 3:04 AM, Goreshaga said:

I think it's all Force Users (FU for short), no matter what kind of lightsaber they wield, i think my JK did the same with a regular single bladed lightsaber on more than one occasion, can't really say about the other FUs though as it's been a very long time since i played any of them through KOTFE, but it seems logical to be the same for every Force classes, as i doubt they animate things differently for characters who use the same kind of weapon.

Re-thinking about this chapter, do you think the GEMINI captain from that ship could be GEMINI 16 ? By the end of this chapter, she seemed to have evolved more than other GEMINI, even the ones later given free will by SCORPIO, and she escaped. It could also explain why G16 still had free will even after Vaylin had them all reprogrammed to obey her,  how G16 knew so much about the Alliance and seemingly had something against the Commander.

I've actually always just assumed that the two GEMINIs are one in the same. If they ever turn out to be different then I will be very surprised. 😁

19 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

Yeah same, the more I think about it the more it makes sense, 100% my new HC. 

I have to say, I would love to see someone else's recordings of the romance scenes locked behind Arcann dying but I could not do it on a run myself, killing Senya would hurt way too much, and Arcann too but especially Senya.  If you can do it you're a stronger woman than I, pls share the results 😅 

I need to get bolder with escaping out of cutscenes to redo dialogue so that I can do something similar and find my absolute most favorite dialogue path for a nice clean "definitive" run of my own.  I am just so scared of it skipping the scene by accident, and every run through I have been recording so I don't wanna miss anything.  Maybe someone has a list online of what cutscenes you should never hit esc on to help me in future, hmmm 🤔 

I did actually start a new JK on Star Forge server (he can have identical name to my main that way, plus gives me more play with people options in future) but man, I forgot how painful no money and no legacy and no guild is, it is gonna be sloooow going, I might ultimately give up and just make another JK on Satele server with another slightly altered name again, time will tell 😅 

If remaking the same character over and over to replay is wrong, I don't wanna be right, ok 😄 

(I mean c'mon it's just making it more like other single player games that you can replay all you want, really)

I too am too soft to actually kill Senya. I would really have to harden my heart to do so. But after Arcann lived, I got to really like him and all the content with him was fantastic! I would miss out on him and that would be sad. 😭

I keep messing up scenes due to escaping out of them in order to test other lines out. I had to redo a quest six times yesterday because I keep messing up. Had to restart it each time from the beginning which was a lot of running around. Then at some point, I realized I had been going through scenes without my helmet on! I had taken it off while talking to Mako on the ship and forgot to put it back on. Now I am going to have to make a third BH clone to redo the beginning of Alderaan. 😣

And that's on top of the scenes I need to make an agent clone for. And the scene I need to fix regarding Master Surro on my JC. Poor Theron was so gutted when I killed her by mistake! (I swear I didn't mean to kill her, Theron!) I don't even have a full video of that one and never got a video of the other options with that character. 

I recently made an account for my daughter to play on when she is older. It'll accumulate CC from the authenticator in the meantime. I logged in to get the mail on her character and the run speed is sooooo sllooooowwww! That sprint speed from Legacy was sorely missed.

13 hours ago, eabevella said:

There is a romance scene that's specific behind killing Arcann?

Now I'm really curious. When we replay the chapters, if we pick the kill Senya/Arcann option on Voss, will the choice carry through if we keep replaying the chapters that follow?

There are two Theron romance scenes missed out on if sparing Arcann. There is one that is missed if the player is Republic and stays loyal to the Republic. I have not seen the other two, but the Imperial scene with Theron next to his dead father is so cringy. I can't. I just can't. Why can't we just hug him?!

Like the rest of you have mentioned, I too wish there was a way to replay content. 

I keep wishing for a way to replay Rishi and Yavin. And now Onslaught and others. I love that we can replay Eternal Throne, but I want to do so on the others. Regarding Eternal Throne, I too wish I could make alternate non-cannon choices for that playthrough just to see them. When my BH got stabbed by Arcann, I wanted to make the choice to accept Valkorian's power instead because seeing my BH have to walk on his own all the way back to the ship with a gut wound like that and no one else noticed, was incredibly immersion breaking for me. So I redid the chapter but that decision was baked in and in the next chapter, it is still referenced that I was stabbed. Going forward I have since determined that all my force uses will deny Valkorian's help in that battle, but my normals will take it. 

13 hours ago, eabevella said:

This is when I wish there's a solo player version of this game. There'll be so much more freedom with the stories.

Right?! I would love to have save files. 

Hmm... time to load save file 367 to watch that scene again. Or, I need to make a new decision for save file 1053. Why did Agent tell him, "I've had all the socializing I can stomach, Theron. We have work to do," instead of kissing him? Agent, what were you thinking!?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

Ok, after watching your videos (ty for those btw!), I have to say, the agent version sounds waaaay less dismissive in the second one than JK does, so part of the issue I had was how the VA did the line.  Normally I love male JK's VA, and especially how he delivers romantic lines with Theron (they are often more playful and cheeky, while still exuding "I love you" undertones) but on that exchange, I think he didn't do it as good, or interpreted the scene in a really different way which I didn't like anyway lol.   Whereas on the third option he 100% plays as "I'm cheeky but I love you, and I know you love me even though I'm cheeky or maybe because I'm cheeky" and it's perfect imo.  First one is just sweet.

Here is my recording of all three versions.  (It might still be processing, I'm posting impatiently, give it a few mins lol)

Even with the better agent delivery though, I still think it's by far the most "negative" of the exchanges, Theron is clearly upset no matter what, and it's still somehow dismissive of his emotional trauma and his worrying.  But definitely agent sounds like he wasn't trying to make light of it (maybe even trying to be reassuring but saying the wrong thing) but hit a nerve and Theron got upset because he did not want to talk about his trauma in that moment.  Which contrasts to JK, where like I said it played like JK making light of his trauma and Theron being upset about him making light of it, and it's so out of place with their relationship/every other romantic exchange they have the whole game.  Like if anything it kinda felt like they had a small fight, and the fact Theron loves him so much is the only reason he wasn't more upset!

You make a very solid point about maybe the "angry" face is just going back to the "determined" face he had before their convo.  You are probably right, actually haha  But either way, that exchange with Theron was clearly not sweet enough to result in him leaving it with a smile on his face like the other two did!

I definitely still can't get over how huge it is to have them talk openly about Theron's abandonment issues and trauma, and Theron admitting it, and just sooooo wish it was in an overall sweeter scene.  Maybe sometime in the future we will get to tell Theron "I know you have abandonment issues, and for good reason, but you aren't going to lose me, don't worry"..... I want to tell him that.  He deserves to hear that.

Wow! Okay, JK cannot read the room just then! 🤣 That second line is painful to listen to. It really does sound dismissive. Almost like he is trying to make a joke of it on the, "I know you have abandonment issues," part. No wonder Theron got upset! BH's is gruff but doesn't come off nearly as dismissive, and agent really was trying to be gentle and just saying the wrong thing. Like you said, he managed to strike a nerve there without meaning to.

I continue to be impressed with the voice actors and how they all manage to make certain dialogue sound so different! Thank you for sharing that video!

I think part of the smile at the end of the conversations on one and two also comes from the Outlander hearing Theron's parting words and that makes them smile even more. 🥰 

Exactly. I agree with everything you said. You really have a way with words and expressing them. Many of the people on this thread do! In contrast, sometimes I feel as if I stick my foot in my mouth with my own delivery. 😅

I would love, love, love to get such a line!!! I really hope someone from the dev teams sees that suggestion and implements it. Theron really does serve to hear such a thing.

Edited by yenzin
making a joke

And speaking of painful to listen to. I just found this video today of a Republic character telling Theron about being a double agent for the Imperials. Theron sounds so upset! His strength of character really continues to shine through. While he is upset, he is still willing to work with the PC. I just wanted to hug him!

1 hour ago, Goreshaga said:

Oh, nice, thanks for that.

Will have to see for myself how it sounds with the female JK's voice, but i'll admit 1 is nice, not overly fond of 2, and i quite like 3, so i think it'll be either 1 or 3, but i could totally see my JK going for 3 actually.

I would love hear those if you have them. 😉

I love encountering Theron fans in-game. Doesn't happen often (okay, it's the first time) as I don't often look at the General chat, but I did so today and met someone who also loves Theron and it was fantastic to talk about him for a bit. I mentioned this thread. Maybe we'll see a new face soon. 🌟

Through the conversation, I learned about some fun things. 🌟

Troy Baker can sing and he plays the guitar!!! 😲😱😲🎶 🎸

Here is What We Lost in the Fire from his album Sitting in the Fire. He has a bunch of songs on YouTube! Maybe he was making a new album during Knights of the Fallen Empire and that's why Theron was absent in the beginning. 🤔 Sitting in the Fire was made in 2014. 

Here is his main music site, Window to the Abbey

Also, Male Sith Inquisitor's VA, Euan Morton can sing too! 🎶 Here is his rendition of Hallelujah

It was a fun conversation, so of course I had to share all that. 😉

We need a night in the cantina for Karaoke and Theron can sing for us! 💖😍

And Male Inquisitor and Theron can serenade each other! Want this so bad. I would make a Sith Inquisitor just for that.

Edited by yenzin
share sentence. Karaoke sentence. Serenade.

6 hours ago, yenzin said:

Makes Theron look even cooler and sexier when he poses with his weapon and his eyebrow raised. 😍 (He looks very awesome in that scene....)

Hell yeah he does 😍  

😲😱 😱(<- super excited fan scream) How did you make those?! I love them!!!! I've tried to make gifs before and can't.

I save the clip using my screen recorder program, then put the clip on discord on my computer, then download the clip off discord on my phone, then use an app called gif maker-editor.  Very convoluted process but it's all I know haha

edit: I forgot to say, if you had something you wanted a gif of I can try to oblige, though keep in mind Theron gifs will all look like my Theron unless it's pre-KotFE as I change his clothes the second he becomes a companion haha

I keep messing up scenes due to escaping out of them in order to test other lines out. I had to redo a quest six times yesterday because I keep messing up. Had to restart it each time from the beginning which was a lot of running around. 

Oh my god.  Why did I not think to just RESET QUESTS??????  I could have done that for all of Ziost to fix multiple mistakes I made in recording, I feel like a right dumbass now hahaha   Instead here I am with my fourth JK going through the class story 🤣  (thankfully it's my favorite class story or it would be more painful lmao)

Why can't we just hug him?!

I ask myself this so often.

There is one Theron hug in the whole game and it is him hugging PC goodbye, not even a comforting Theron hug. 

I demand more hugs.

DEVS, YOU LISTENING?  WHERE OUR HUGS?  😅

Wow! Okay, JK cannot read the room just then! 🤣 That second line is painful to listen to. It really does sound dismissive. Almost like he is trying to make a joke of it on the, "I know you have abandonment issues," part. No wonder Theron got upset! BH's is gruff but doesn't come off nearly as dismissive, and agent really was trying to be gentle and just saying the wrong thing. Like you said, he managed to strike a nerve there without meaning to.

JK definitely not reading the room on that one, 100% hahaha  And yeah, agent actually sounded like he was trying to be gentle, the way he trailed off with the "but" especially sounded more like he was actually planning to say something sweet after but Theron got too upset and cut him off. 

I think part of the smile at the end of the conversations on one and two also comes from the Outlander hearing Theron's parting words and that makes them smile even more. 🥰 

So true!  I mean, his parting words make ME smile too, so, makes sense 😄

And speaking of painful to listen to. I just found this video today of a Republic character telling Theron about being a double agent for the Imperials. Theron sounds so upset! His strength of character really continues to shine through. While he is upset, he is still willing to work with the PC. I just wanted to hug him

oh my god.  Theron sounds..... so hurt even though he's agreeing to be supportive.  I could..... I could never do that to him.  I couldn't.  #HUGSFORTHERON

5 hours ago, yenzin said:

I love encountering Theron fans in-game. Doesn't happen often (okay, it's the first time) as I don't often look at the General chat, but I did so today and met someone who also loves Theron and it was fantastic to talk about him for a bit. I mentioned this thread. Maybe we'll see a new face soon. 🌟

Through the conversation, I learned about some fun things. 🌟

Troy Baker can sing and he plays the guitar!!! 😲😱😲🎶 🎸

Here is What We Lost in the Fire from his album Sitting in the Fire. He has a bunch of songs on YouTube! Maybe he was making a new album during Knights of the Fallen Empire and that's why Theron was absent in the beginning. 🤔 Sitting in the Fire was made in 2014.

So I had seen on imdb that it said he was a musician, but I did not realize that meant, like, sings and has his own album and stuff 😲😱😲  I LOVE when actors can sing, it's so awesome.

ngl though, I did not know what I expected to hear when I clicked on the video, but.... man, his singing voice sounds nothing like I would have expected (though to be fair I have only actually heard his normal voice a few brief times, he doesn't normally sound like Theron, and definitely doesn't sound like Zenith haha), but he's really good!.  And the actual music is really good!  Not that I thought it would be bad lmao but, it's not just "yeah, cool, he can sing, sweet", it's totally a style I like and everything, I just keep letting the next songs play, I've listened to like 6 or 7 now, I really like it!

5 hours ago, yenzin said:

Also, Male Sith Inquisitor's VA, Euan Morton can sing too! 🎶 Here is his rendition of Hallelujah

It was a fun conversation, so of course I had to share all that. 😉

We need a night in the cantina for Karaoke and Theron can sing for us! 💖😍

And Male Inquisitor and Theron can serenade each other! Want this so bad. I would make a Sith Inquisitor just for that.

OMG his voice is amazing too!  I love that song so much too, I never get tired of hearing covers of it.  The first comment on that video though 🤣: "Hearing the Sith Inquisitor sing Hallelujah is really messing with my head."

Karaoke sesh yass (or, ya know, whatever passes for karaoke in the SW universe lol  but we'll call it karaoke)

Honestly though, what I could see more from Theron and singing would be something like how Senya sings when she's helping heal Arcann, aka not some performance in front of a bunch of people but just a sweet moment... like, I could see: everyone's all hanging out at the cantina, (maybe AT a karaoke sesh? haha), someone tries to get Theron to answer the question of whether he can sing or not and he's like "wouldn't you like to know" or tries to get him to sing and he's all "nice try, but no" lol  but then at some point (possibly much later), he quietly sings a little something (maybe singing along to something) privately, when he thinks no one's listening, or just for his significant other, or what have you. 

Singing is a lot of opening up your soul to people, and as much as he's gotten better when sharing his feelings, I don't see him being quite ready to just jump on stage just yet.   Maybe later though, after he's broken the ice singing more privately first... and with some serious liquid courage lol

At least that would be my headcanon. 

But, ya know, maybe I'm wrong and Theron is secretly really into karaoke and he's been trying to convince other people to do it with him for ages.

Or maybe Theron actually can't sing at all, his secret is that he's actually terrible at singing.  That would actually be kind of funny, knowing the truth lol

edit: ok but also if we're just talkin 'let Troy Baker sing in swtor', what if it was actually Zenith that could secretly sing and sings drunk karaoke, can you even imagine the shock on other peoples' faces lmao 😆

Edited by cannibithobbal

1 hour ago, cannibithobbal said:

Hell yeah he does 😍  

I save the clip using my screen recorder program, then put the clip on discord on my computer, then download the clip off discord on my phone, then use an app called gif maker-editor.  Very convoluted process but it's all I know haha

edit: I forgot to say, if you had something you wanted a gif of I can try to oblige, though keep in mind Theron gifs will all look like my Theron unless it's pre-KotFE as I change his clothes the second he becomes a companion haha

Oh my god.  Why did I not think to just RESET QUESTS??????  I could have done that for all of Ziost to fix multiple mistakes I made in recording, I feel like a right dumbass now hahaha   Instead here I am with my fourth JK going through the class story 🤣  (thankfully it's my favorite class story or it would be more painful lmao)

I ask myself this so often.

There is one Theron hug in the whole game and it is him hugging PC goodbye, not even a comforting Theron hug. 

I demand more hugs.

DEVS, YOU LISTENING?  WHERE OUR HUGS?  😅

JK definitely not reading the room on that one, 100% hahaha  And yeah, agent actually sounded like he was trying to be gentle, the way he trailed off with the "but" especially sounded more like he was actually planning to say something sweet after but Theron got too upset and cut him off. 

So true!  I mean, his parting words make ME smile too, so, makes sense 😄

oh my god.  Theron sounds..... so hurt even though he's agreeing to be supportive.  I could..... I could never do that to him.  I couldn't.  #HUGSFORTHERON

So I had seen on imdb that it said he was a musician, but I did not realize that meant, like, sings and has his own album and stuff 😲😱😲  I LOVE when actors can sing, it's so awesome.

ngl though, I did not know what I expected to hear when I clicked on the video, but.... man, his singing voice sounds nothing like I would have expected (though to be fair I have only actually heard his normal voice a few brief times, he doesn't normally sound like Theron, and definitely doesn't sound like Zenith haha), but he's really good!.  And the actual music is really good!  Not that I thought it would be bad lmao but, it's not just "yeah, cool, he can sing, sweet", it's totally a style I like and everything, I just keep letting the next songs play, I've listened to like 6 or 7 now, I really like it!

OMG his voice is amazing too!  I love that song so much too, I never get tired of hearing covers of it.  The first comment on that video though 🤣: "Hearing the Sith Inquisitor sing Hallelujah is really messing with my head."

Karaoke sesh yass (or, ya know, whatever passes for karaoke in the SW universe lol  but we'll call it karaoke)

Honestly though, what I could see more from Theron and singing would be something like how Senya sings when she's helping heal Arcann, aka not some performance in front of a bunch of people but just a sweet moment... like, I could see: everyone's all hanging out at the cantina, (maybe AT a karaoke sesh? haha), someone tries to get Theron to answer the question of whether he can sing or not and he's like "wouldn't you like to know" or tries to get him to sing and he's all "nice try, but no" lol  but then at some point (possibly much later), he quietly sings a little something (maybe singing along to something) privately, when he thinks no one's listening, or just for his significant other, or what have you. 

Singing is a lot of opening up your soul to people, and as much as he's gotten better when sharing his feelings, I don't see him being quite ready to just jump on stage just yet.   Maybe later though, after he's broken the ice singing more privately first... and with some serious liquid courage lol

At least that would be my headcanon. 

But, ya know, maybe I'm wrong and Theron is secretly really into karaoke and he's been trying to convince other people to do it with him for ages.

Or maybe Theron actually can't sing at all, his secret is that he's actually terrible at singing.  That would actually be kind of funny, knowing the truth lol

edit: ok but also what if it was actually Zenith that could secretly sing and sings drunk karaoke, can you even imagine the shock on other peoples' faces lmao 😆

If I think of a scene, I'll let you know. 😉 Currently, the only one that comes to mind is Theron escaping capture on Rishi and looking amazing as he runs down the hall while firing his blaster. I have always admired that scene. Mainly for the way he properly holds his weapon. It's like the creators did their research and Theron is a highly trained agent or something. 😁

Resetting a quest doesn't always work. If it is a segment at the end of the quest then I am out of luck as the quest completes right out of the dialogue. But it certainly helps otherwise!

Oh, you are so right! I was so excited to share that I hadn't fully considered Theron's personally there. I can't see him being the type to sing in front of a bunch of people either. I can imagine him doing so in an instance similar to one in which Senya first sings for the Outlander though. She sings a tune as the Outlander and her head back to Zakuul to sneak into the underbelly of the city. She has a very pleasant singing voice. ❤️ I can easily imagine Theron singing softly as he works on something when he thinks no one is listening. 

You're right and I had forgotten that signing for others can be a very private affair for many people. Right up there with sharing one's art or writing.

The idea that Theron is secretly into Karaoke (of the equivalent thereof) highly amuses me too though. 🤭

In my head cannon, Theron has a daughter. That's why he is absent a lot. He's busy dividing his time up so he can be a good dad. Now I get to add in that he softly signs her lullabies while his partner leans in the doorway and listens.  🎶

... I think my JC would pinch himself to test if he was dreaming should he hear Zenith rocking out some Karaoke. Especially if he sounds amazing. That would be world-view-changing. 🤣

2 hours ago, yenzin said:

If I think of a scene, I'll let you know. 😉 Currently, the only one that comes to mind is Theron escaping capture on Rishi and looking amazing as he runs down the hall while firing his blaster. I have always admired that scene. Mainly for the way he properly holds his weapon. It's like the creators did their research and Theron is a highly trained agent or something. 😁

Ask and ye shall receive. 😉  Full versionJust the hallway.   I also love that bit, he's so badass.

Oh, you are so right! I was so excited to share that I hadn't fully considered Theron's personally there. I can't see him being the type to sing in front of a bunch of people either. I can imagine him doing so in an instance similar to one in which Senya first sings for the Outlander though. She sings a tune as the Outlander and her head back to Zakuul to sneak into the underbelly of the city. She has a very pleasant singing voice. ❤️ I can easily imagine Theron singing softly as he works on something when he thinks no one is listening. 

You're right and I had forgotten that signing for others can be a very private affair for many people. Right up there with sharing one's art or writing.

As a singer who definitely has places I am not comfortable singing (but also plenty I am, I love a good karaoke sesh), this is something I think about often haha 

I love the idea of Theron just singing or half-singing really softly to himself while working when he thinks no one's around ❤️  

I can see too where one time when he's doing that his bf/gf overhears and just secretly listens out of sight for a minute before making an overly obvious entrance to pretend like they hadn't been eavesdropping, but Theron is way too good of a spy and he realizes immediately exactly what happened and gets a little embarrassed but probably tries to pretend he isn't, but then his bf/gf tells him how much they loved it and how nice his voice is, and then it would be adorable. 

(edit to say: realizing that depending on the character, some of them might just barge in and call out his lovely singing right there and not even pretend in this scenario 😅  but mine would probably recognize they accidentally saw something he didn't intend for them to see and not want to make him uncomfortable, but then come clean immediately once Theron is onto them lol)

(yeah, that's 100% a new HC for me now)

edit 2: forgot to say, I also love Senya's singing❤️❤️ she has such a lovely voice, and especially when she sings to Arcann she is so caring and motherly, it's such a good scene... I just love her ❤️

In my head cannon, Theron has a daughter. That's why he is absent a lot. He's busy dividing his time up so he can be a good dad. Now I get to add in that he softly signs her lullabies while his partner leans in the doorway and listens.  🎶

aww, I would love to see how Theron would be as a parent tbh, it might be hard for him given the trauma with his own parents though.  I imagine he might be terrified of his kid being force sensitive and getting taken away, like what if force sensitive just skipped him but he could still pass it on, I could see him being afraid of that 😥

... I think my JC would pinch himself to test if he was dreaming should he hear Zenith rocking out some Karaoke. Especially if he sounds amazing. That would be world-view-changing. 🤣

🤣 right??  every JC just like deer-in-headlights "what is happening right now???" lmao

Edited by cannibithobbal

So many good posts >3

Speaking of VAs and singing, the male agent VA, Bertie Carvel, also do musical.

He's Miss Trunchbull in Matilda (he sounded so different for the role) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EdolAes-_A

He's also the narrative for the BBC Big Cat documentary (where he used his natural voice so he sounded just like the agent): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86cTIoMv2U

Watching all your recordings, I really like how different VAs have slightly different take with the same voice lines they're given.

I know we're getting a "vacation" time with Theron in the near future update, but I would pay real CCs if thre's a small side story package of a kareoke night with our toons lol

7 hours ago, eabevella said:

So many good posts >3

Speaking of VAs and singing, the male agent VA, Bertie Carvel, also do musical.

He's Miss Trunchbull in Matilda (he sounded so different for the role) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EdolAes-_A

He's also the narrative for the BBC Big Cat documentary (where he used his natural voice so he sounded just like the agent): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86cTIoMv2U

Watching all your recordings, I really like how different VAs have slightly different take with the same voice lines they're given.

I know we're getting a "vacation" time with Theron in the near future update, but I would pay real CCs if thre's a small side story package of a kareoke night with our toons lol

omg, he's so good tooo!!  that's 3 (correction: obviously 4, we know Senya VA already!) excellent singers, who else is hiding?!!

I need to know who else will be in SWTOR: The Musical

....hearing the voice of the agent talking about adorable wild cats is so bizarre.  😂   I mean, he does a very good job narrating, but, like, my brain is contextually confused 😅

Edited by cannibithobbal

13 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

omg, he's so good tooo!!  that's 3 (correction: obviously 4, we know Senya VA already!) excellent singers, who else is hiding?!!

I need to know who else will be in SWTOR: The Musical

....hearing the voice of the agent talking about adorable wild cats is so bizarre.  😂   I mean, he does a very good job narrating, but, like, my brain is contextually confused 😅

The male Sith Warrior can play a hallikset or something since his VA can certainly play a guitar :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THgqQMwXzVM

It's just funny that if Theron likes singing, the scary people from the Empire could either sing with him or be the accompaniment.

43 minutes ago, eabevella said:

The male Sith Warrior can play a hallikset or something since his VA can certainly play a guitar :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THgqQMwXzVM

It's just funny that if Theron likes singing, the scary people from the Empire could either sing with him or be the accompaniment.

😂

ok, so basically we've got "Theron: The Musical", where Theron is on a spy mission to the Empire, he's tracking a sith inquisitor, and there's an imperial agent who's been sent to intercept him.... and the emperor's wrath just chillin in back playing some instrument, for reasons.  maybe Senya shows up somewhere.  maybe Theron gets help from Zenith and they have a duet.  idk.  this is off the rails 😆

27 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

😂

ok, so basically we've got "Theron: The Musical", where Theron is on a spy mission to the Empire, he's tracking a sith inquisitor, and there's an imperial agent who's been sent to intercept him.... and the emperor's wrath just chillin in back playing some instrument, for reasons.  maybe Senya shows up somewhere.  maybe Theron gets help from Zenith and they have a duet.  idk.  this is off the rails 😆

And the musical will end with Theron escaping the Empire by wearing only his underwear again XD

7 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

Okay, I'm not sure that would be in character for our spy boy. I wish he'd interact with Shea a bit more, with her sense of humor it'd be fun.

I totally have a headcanon where Shae calls Theron "spy boy" just to annoy him.

Edited by eabevella

17 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

wait.... again? 🤣

So in the novel Annihilation (I haven't read it but you can read the related story by searching "Darth Karrid" on Wookieepedia), Theron had to blow up some Empire's New Superweapon Ship and had to disrobe because he had to work in the engine room. Apparently he also killed some Darth while half naked. He's just that good.

Minister Lorman was also on that ship, that's why Theron was teasing him in KOFET Ch2 (when we go to Dromund Kaas).

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, eabevella said:

So in the novel Annihilation (I haven't read it but you can read the related story by searching "Darth Karrid" on Wookieepedia), Theron had to blow up some Empire's New Superweapon Ship and had to disrobe because he had to work in the engine room. Apparently he also killed some Darth while half naked. He's just that good.

Minister Lorman was also on that ship, that's why Theron was teasing him in KOFET Ch2 (when we go to Dromund Kaas).

omg.  😂

I....really need to read these books with Theron in, don't I.  Or at least read more about the stories in them haha  (I have seen some stuff about his backstory from reading his wookiepedia article, which I assume is all from the books?  but it certainly wasn't detailed enough to say he did it in his underwear lmao)

Has anyone actually read the books?  Are they actually any good?  Or is finding the cliffnotes version better? 😅

23 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

omg.  😂

I....really need to read these books with Theron in, don't I.  Or at least read more about the stories in them haha  (I have seen some stuff about his backstory from reading his wookiepedia article, which I assume is all from the books?  but it certainly wasn't detailed enough to say he did it in his underwear lmao)

Has anyone actually read the books?  Are they actually any good?  Or is finding the cliffnotes version better? 😅

I really need to read at least Annihilation. I remember asking Theron fans and they said this one is not only a good Theron book, the story itself is good too. But english... heh.

26 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

omg.  😂

There's a comic book called The Lost Suns, which happens roughly around the time our character go to their capital planets as iirc the events on the Esseles are mentioned, and then there's Annihilation, which happens shortly after Ilum, as Malgus' failed coup is mentioned. They're both pretty nice reads, i liked Annihilation more than The Lost Suns. Of the 3 Old Republic books i've read, i liked Annihilation the most, because it's a pretty good story with lots of Theron in it, also the book does a good job at showing what he's really capable of, which the game failed for the most part, imo, as he's mostly doing stuff in the background so we very rarely see him being cool while being good at his job.

And yes he totally striped as he was hacking the Ascendant Spear's systems in a hot engine room, so the whole ending fight has both Theron and Gnost-Dural fighting in their underwear.

On 5/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, yenzin said:

I would love hear those if you have them. 😉

So i had a fairly recent version of my JK who was at KOTFE 15, so i decided to take this one, record the My time's finally come dialogue and then go to chapter 16 to record the 3 lines we were talking about but, i just can't get past that stupid GEMINI captain, for some reason Senya dies in 2 secs as soon as the 4 GEMINI phase starts, and i die not long after.

I'll try again, but if i can't beat her, i'll just go grab an older version of my JK, but that's kinda annoying rn, especially since the rest of the chapter was just fine.

• Like 1