Emote Collections, Claim All Button

MagSul

Hello!

My request is exactly as it says in the title. When you make a new character, you have to click each emote separately to unlock it for that character. As far as I know, that's the only way to do it. I'd like to suggest a small button on the user interface which unlocks all available emotes (those you've legacy unlocked).

If there is a quicker way to do this already that I'm not aware of, please do share it with me!

This would be an extremely helpful feature- on the same note I'd also like to see the ability to claim single pieces of outfits unlocked in collections. Or at least a way to purge them from your inventory so you don't have to clog up your cargo with things you already have available in collections, or spend forever deleting each individual one after you've gotten the piece you needed.

Hello!

My request is exactly as it says in the title. When you make a new character, you have to click each emote separately to unlock it for that character. As far as I know, that's the only way to do it. I'd like to suggest a small button on the user interface which unlocks all available emotes (those you've legacy unlocked).

If there is a quicker way to do this already that I'm not aware of, please do share it with me!

This would also be helpful for speeders, titles, and pets.

Once an emote is unlocked in collections it should automatically unlock for each player anyway. The button would be helpful, but still makes little sense. If you unlock an emote for your account, why wouldn't you want it available for every player? Emotes aren't "abilities" like mounts and pets.

The other QoL improvement somewhat related to this I would like to see is making a "toys" section in abilities so we don't have to keep them in our inventory to use them (similar to mounts and pets when unlocked on a character). That would lessen the need for additional inventory space and increase overall vanity acquisitions.

Once an emote is unlocked in collections it should automatically unlock for each player anyway. The button would be helpful, but still makes little sense. If you unlock an emote for your account, why wouldn't you want it available for every player? Emotes aren't "abilities" like mounts and pets.

The other QoL improvement somewhat related to this I would like to see is making a "toys" section in abilities so we don't have to keep them in our inventory to use them (similar to mounts and pets when unlocked on a character). That would lessen the need for additional inventory space and increase overall vanity acquisitions.

It's unlocked for each character once it's unlocked in Collections, yes. What the OP is suggesting is a "Claim all" button so you can claim all of them at once instead of clicking on each one. You still have to claim the emote on each character. Singly .. for every emote you've unlocked. Same with mounts, pets, and titles. It gets ... tedious.

It's unlocked for each character once it's unlocked in Collections, yes. What the OP is suggesting is a "Claim all" button so you can claim all of them at once instead of clicking on each one. You still have to claim the emote on each character. Singly .. for every emote you've unlocked. Same with mounts, pets, and titles. It gets ... tedious.

To clarify my comment ...

I'm saying that we shouldn't even need a "claim all" button. It's pretty much implied that all a player's characters should have the emote once someone pays Cartel Coins to unlock it in collections. The current tedious claim method is poorly designed and thought out. I agree a huge QoL improvement is long overdue. My suggestion is to make it automatic so the moment it is unlocked, all your players get it without even having to "claim" anything. Anytime you unlock a new emote (in collections) , that would automatically apply to all characters on account. Even with a "claim all" button, it could be tedious to "claim all" on 50 characters every time a new emote is added to the game (and acquired / unlocked).

Edited by BRKMSN

To clarify my comment ...

I'm sating that we shouldn't even need a "claim all" button. It's pretty much implied that all a player's characters should have the emote once someone pays Cartel Coins to unlock it in collections. The current tedious claim method is poorly designed and thought out. I agree a huge QoL improvement is long overdue. My suggestion is to make it automatic so the moment it is unlocked, all your players get it without even having to "claim" anything. Anytime you unlock a new emote (in collections) , that would automatically apply to all characters on account. Even with a "claim all" button, it could be tedious to "claim all" on 50 characters every time a new emote is added to the game (and acquired / unlocked).

Ah! I see, gotcha. Yeah I misread your comment and indeed having all emotes automatic would definitely be great. And if they did emotes that way, might as well do mounts, titles, and pets that way as well. Unless someone doesn't want them all cluttering their various lists. Still though, a claim all button for those would work just as well and just have the emotes automatic.

I can see why mounts and pets are not this way for a couple reasons. For example if someone likes to use the random mount function, they may want to limit the available mounts to each character.

The main difference between emotes and mounts/pets is that emotes aren't actually abilities that can be moved into quickbars. Rather than abilities, they are part of the social (chat) aspect of the game. When you open up an emote tab from the social menu, it lists all emotes (per that category) and highlights the ones you have on that character. There is no advantage to not having unlocked emotes available on every character since the drop boxes show them regardless. Tedious unlock procedures aren't exactly adding fun to the game.

• 3 months later...

I was thinking on this today, I wanted to make a post, and found this one had been made instead. Hooray!

I'm totally for this, though I would prefer a "Claim all unlocked emotes", "Claim all unlocked titles" and separate for each of the categories that auto-learn transferred "items" (emotes, titles, vehicles and pets). That way, you don't have to auto-learn upon CC unlock for vehicles and pets and thus mess up the randomiser.

At the very least, this should be a thing for emotes, and I don't even mind if the claim button only unlocks the available ones on each page, as an easier-to-handle load.