(Story Suggestion) Arcann, Nathema & Vaylin

Paulsutherland

Hypotheses vary. I've seen royal jewelry, force augmenters, force dampeners, some kind of growth related to growing up on Zakuul (don't know why it would just be the women, though), and some form of security implant (again, why just the women?). I'm sure there are more.

I don't think they're any kind of restraint or augment. I assumed they have some kind of royal status because we only see Senya and Vaylin wear them. (no idea why Arcann or thexan didn't have them, maybe it's a women only thing?) Vaylin didn't have them while she was on Nathema, (from the kotet traler. Vaylin didn't have them on when Senya tried to rescue her.) maybe she got them when Arcann brought her back to Zakuul?

Regardless, I want them for my Alliance Empress too :D

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they're any kind of restraint or augment. I assumed they have some kind of royal status because we only see Senya and Vaylin wear them. (no idea why Arcann or thexan didn't have them, maybe it's a women only thing?) Vaylin didn't have them while she was on Nathema, (from the kotet traler. Vaylin didn't have them on when Senya tried to rescue her.) maybe she got them when Arcann brought her back to Zakuul?

Regardless, I want them for my Alliance Empress too :D

I don't think so, either, but the royal status idea, while it makes the most sense out of the above set, kind of breaks down because Senya is not generally known to be the royal consort and has no other status we know of that would make her royal. Her publicly wearing a sign of royalty would be odd.

Plus, I can imagine the Emperor requiring her to have a dampener put on her due to him being an abject coward letting her into his bedroom. They may keep her from sensing what he is, also. This would also be why Vaylin's are bigger, there is more to dampen.

I left out two: It's just Zakuulian jewelry, not having to do with royalty.

It's a symbol of high status in the Knights of Zakuul. Vaylin was High Justice, so has the largest set of them. And then she covered them up as Empress because that was no longer her role. Can't believe I left that out, since it makes the most sense to me. It takes care of why only the two have them out of characters we've seen, why Vaylin didn't have them on Nathema, why the princes don't have them, and so on.

Since I also want this, I'll go with one of the jewelry options.

Edited by gamephil

It could be a once they're on, you can't get them off, but yeah, good points.

I don't think it's a rank status as Vaylin had them before she became 'High Justice' unless of course she was when we initially met her in the first chapter.

It could be a once they're on, you can't get them off, but yeah, good points.

I don't think it's a rank status as Vaylin had them before she became 'High Justice' unless of course she was when we initially met her in the first chapter.

True, plus she had them in the flashback. I kind of thought Valkorion had put her in the position, before we were told about it, but I'm not sure. Back to jewelry, then.

True, plus she had them in the flashback. I kind of thought Valkorion had put her in the position, before we were told about it, but I'm not sure. Back to jewelry, then.

Regardless its functionality, if any. I want it for my Sith Inquisitor :rak_03:

I don't think so, either, but the royal status idea, while it makes the most sense out of the above set, kind of breaks down because Senya is not generally known to be the royal consort and has no other status we know of that would make her royal. Her publicly wearing a sign of royalty would be odd.

Plus, I can imagine the Emperor requiring her to have a dampener put on her due to him being an abject coward letting her into his bedroom. They may keep her from sensing what he is, also. This would also be why Vaylin's are bigger, there is more to dampen.

I left out two: It's just Zakuulian jewelry, not having to do with royalty.

It's a symbol of high status in the Knights of Zakuul. Vaylin was High Justice, so has the largest set of them. And then she covered them up as Empress because that was no longer her role. Can't believe I left that out, since it makes the most sense to me. It takes care of why only the two have them out of characters we've seen, why Vaylin didn't have them on Nathema, why the princes don't have them, and so on.

Since I also want this, I'll go with one of the jewelry options.

I just hand waved them as some kind of Zakuulian jewellery myself - didn't think about the possibility they may be used as some form of rank or status within the Eternal Empire. If they were jewellery, you'd assume we would see other Zakuulian ladies have them too.

Thinking about it, I suppose they could have some royalty marking? I don't know.

What about doing this story through operations? (something players want to see more of) Like how the missions leading up to Oricon go.

As long as the resurrection itself does not require them.. Having new ones is good, but I don't want to have to go through one for every character I might want to have a Vaylin or resurrected Arcann companion for.

But an operation for bringing down a powerful force of Vitiate loyalists, perhaps twisted and with odd abilities due to being on Nathema, sounds like a good time.

As long as the resurrection itself does not require them.. Having new ones is good, but I don't want to have to go through one for every character I might want to have a Vaylin or resurrected Arcann companion for.

But an operation for bringing down a powerful force of Vitiate loyalists, perhaps twisted and with odd abilities due to being on Nathema, sounds like a good time.

Or a Nathema themed operation then. :rak_02:

What about the operation being its own stand-alone mission? Like this thing going on now with the Iokath 'god' droids? or a better example would be 'The Ravagers'

Say timeline wise, it could be after the whole Nathema thing, and its sole purpose is about defeating the remaining Zakuul loyalists and blowing up the Star Fortress?

Hmmm Operation wise, I don't know what to put.

Maybe fighting some beasties on Nathema? or w/e escaped Valkorians Vault? :confused:

Some Force Horror escaping the vault due to the recent activities on Nathema, maybe? Perhaps awakened by resurrecting Vaylin/Arcann or letting the holocron blow up. It would be unlocked by going through the previous series of stories in the OP.

Some Force Horror escaping the vault due to the recent activities on Nathema, maybe? Perhaps awakened by resurrecting Vaylin/Arcann or letting the holocron blow up. It would be unlocked by going through the previous series of stories in the OP.

something to do with this new 'side' of the force? W/E Marr and Satele go on about in KOTFE.

something to do with this new 'side' of the force? W/E Marr and Satele go on about in KOTFE.

I like it. It coulld be used to make that whole chapter make more sense, too, especially with the connection to the possibility of Vaylin's resurrection, since she was there in the cave to fight the PC. Something Vitiate imprisoned there that lead him to how to structure Zakuulian Force use, maybe. The vision in the cave is a warning about that and the consequences of her being resurrected or condemned.

And, since I don't want to ignore the possibility that the PC resurrects Arcann, it wasn't him in the cave simply because she's the most likely one to be resurrected/condemned, since it's quite possible that he's spared. That probably doesn't need to be mentioned in-game, though, I'm just being thorough.

I like it. It coulld be used to make that whole chapter make more sense, too, especially with the connection to the possibility of Vaylin's resurrection, since she was there in the cave to fight the PC. Something Vitiate imprisoned there that lead him to how to structure Zakuulian Force use, maybe. The vision in the cave is a warning about that and the consequences of her being resurrected or condemned.

And, since I don't want to ignore the possibility that the PC resurrects Arcann, it wasn't him in the cave simply because she's the most likely one to be resurrected/condemned, since it's quite possible that he's spared. That probably doesn't need to be mentioned in-game, though, I'm just being thorough.

Sounds like a cool back plot, and something they could expand upon from

of KOTFE - defiantly more thought provoking than the magic force weapon we construct only for it to serve no purpose later on.

I really love the way this is fleshed out! I really wanted to be able to redeem Vaylin just like I did for Arcann. My Outlander is compassionate and sees them both as victims of abuse and wanted to heal them. Being able to go back to Nathema to free Vaylin's essence and revive her would be so cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.