The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

For $15 (1800CC) you should get all 4 iterations of a color crystal on direct sale...

Sunociva

Especially as a Sub. It's a blatant money grab forcing people to purchase multiple different crystals for different classes.

Eviscerating does nicely for most classes, I would have thought. (Some debate about War Hero versus Indestructible versus SETIDKWIIBIANATC(1) for tanks.)

(1) Something Else That I Don't Know What It Is Because I Am Not A TheoryCrafter.(2)

(2) I know enough about the theorycraft to suggest that for both healing and DPS specs, Eviscerating works best because it works fully even if you are level-synced. The other three are all subject to clipping in LS environments.

All that said, I would suggest that it's a bit overpriced.

And I'd also suggest that the phrasing is a bit overblown. There's no" forcing" about it. They don't send goons to our homes with guns and baseball bats to menace us until we buy them. If you don't want to pay 1800 CCs for a crystal, don't pay it.

The white crystals are the only CM crystals I am still missing after all these years, because I didn't get them back then and ever since, if some were on the GTN, they were ridiculously expensive.

I was very thrilled to see that they were up for sale on the CM. "1.800 for the crystals?", I thought, "I'm in."

Imagine my disappointment when I realised that one single crystal costs 1.800 CC. That's like 70 Euros or so for all four of them.

As much as I want those crystals: no thanks. That's way too expensive for me. I'd rather buy some fresh fruits and vegetables from the supermarket for that money. 20 Euros would have been acceptable for me.

But then again, I guess enough people bought them for those prices.

As much as I want those crystals: no thanks. That's way too expensive for me. I'd rather buy some fresh fruits and vegetables from the supermarket for that money. 20 Euros would have been acceptable for me.

I only bothered with the Eviscerating one, for the reasons outlined above. I have one character specced tank, and she uses pink-inside-yellow for I don't know quite what reason. All the others are DPS.

I already know what they would reply with on this one-- if they had the time. It'd probably go something like, we considered the in game rarity and value of the item before pricing the CC value of it.

In this case, I agree with you on this one OP. Now, I've had these crystals myself for a very long time already. But when it comes to milking the CM (something everyone that knows me or might be somewhere in my post history) this is a bit overkill. For that price you ought to get one of each of the crystals.

But this just comes back to I've always hated the Micro-Transactions gimmick since they let it enter into the mmorpg industry around 2006 or so. I'd love nothing more than to see mmorpgs return to largely one company owned and operated by Devs looking to develop a game to make it for the players rather than this... Company make it a cash cow so they can make a game to develop micro-transactions instead of building the game.

In that regard, I kind of view this high cost for "a" singular crystal on the CM as a sign of why the Western mmorpg is doing so poorly right now. I don't think it has anything to do with the interest of players-- people still like entertainment and escapism so there is still very much a market for games like SWTOR. They just try to worry too much about making a killing on revenue rather than realizing their main goal is to entertain us. But that is just me.

Sorry about that too, I think I derailed your post. :/