Hundreds of sith assassins in the gravestone.

kuzori

I'm not sure what the big deal is, or why they think it has to be Sith Assassins to do this. It's not an exploit, but a quest.

Chapter 4 bonus to be specific. Kill a few creatures and get some credits.

Reset quest and repeat. It's no big deal.

And for the record, no, I have not partaken in this myself.

My theory as to why they are using Assassins is because they can quickly use Phantom Stride to get from mob to mob. However, the speed boost from this method is minimal compared to other classes.

For Your Information the chapter IV KOTFE named Gravestone is in Zakuul instance only

short

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is always a good way to see if there is an exploit in the game. If you observe the credit prices drop suddenly it means that there is an exploit since there is too much credits generated by this exploit and coming into the game.

Then... if you see credit prices going up from the RMTs.. what conclusion does that lead you to????

I ask because the recent mail spam I have from RMTs shows credit prices going up.... NOT down.

Then... if you see credit prices going up from the RMTs.. what conclusion does that lead you to????

I ask because the recent mail spam I have from RMTs shows credit prices going up.... NOT down.

Indeed except for one RMT in particular, possibly even the person who has figured out a gravestone money tree.

Whilst no one can confirm exactly what is going on in the gravestone some have put up some fairly reasonable posts about it on reddit and it does sound fairly complicated if so that not just anyone could easily do (and the absolute details aren't out in the wild yet).

If there is an exploit and if they were to get out then you would see those price plummet from the mass injection of credits.

At this stage whatever is going on (if anything, seems to strange to be nothing but it's possible) seems contained, I just hope if there is anything going on it gets dealt with before it gets out into the public domain so we don't see anymore chairsploits or dupesploits.

Someone on reddit was estimating that those exploiters could be generating over 115 million credits per day per account from the gravestone based on a few basic ideas of what they could be doing in there. I think they said that was a conservative estimate too.

The only ones who can know for sure are the developers, they could look into those accounts. They appear to be trying to hide themselves at the moment and staying logged out. So they read the forums, apparently.

Someone on reddit was estimating that those exploiters could be generating over 115 million credits per day per account from the gravestone based on a few basic ideas of what they could be doing in there. I think they said that was a conservative estimate too.

The only ones who can know for sure are the developers, they could look into those accounts. They appear to be trying to hide themselves at the moment and staying logged out. So they read the forums, apparently.

Not on Begeron Colony. A quick check of /who The Gravestone reveals 9 Sith Assassins, all from the same guild.

If they are doing something other than refreshing a bonus quest for credits, I'd sure like to know what it is.

Not on Begeron Colony. A quick check of /who The Gravestone reveals 9 Sith Assassins, all from the same guild.

If they are doing something other than refreshing a bonus quest for credits, I'd sure like to know what it is.

Is the guild named sdjfowiertfjiofj by any chance? And credit farmers aren't going to invest time and effort, and probably salary, into a near dead server so a credit exploit most likely won't be discovered there.

Is the guild named sdjfowiertfjiofj by any chance? And credit farmers aren't going to invest time and effort, and probably salary, into a near dead server so a credit exploit most likely won't be discovered there.

No, the guild name is legit (Emperatus), and the character names look legit as well. IE: They are not gibberish, with at least one special character in them (like the Yavin 4 slicing bots).

If so.. they will be pretty easy to put a tracking probe on and not only collect anything done against the ToS/EULA but also rollup any other player account that is colluding with them.. even if only to attempt to "launder" credits.

We do know that this studio, like many MMO studios, do not just bomb the offenders immediately .. they like to let them run and rollup an entire ring all at once.. and to do so.. you have to give them plenty of rope.

The best thing players can do is report early, report often, get others to observe and report, and keep reporting. That will drive up the visibility with the security team in Austin because they will keep getting pinged with new reports for possible ToS/EULA violations. I don't know who the current lead is for the security team in Austin.. but I'm sure this is already on their radar.

Edited by Andryah

There are 3 Sith Assassins in the PVP instance of Yavin 4 on Red Eclipse at the moment, all have ordinary sounding names, I am not sure if I should say them here, they log in at the same time, farming mobs around the temple entrance and middle area, disappearing as soon as they have killed a mob. Good for farming PVP achievements mind you if I happen to be there on my rep character. I do wonder what they are achieving, they don't seem to harvest nodes, or the mobs they kill, just kill and disappear. I have noticed they have basic starter gear, no achievements apart from those gathered killing the mobs, and credits.

here is <redacted> one

Not sure it is wise to link that reddit.. so I redacted it.

As for what is discussed over there.. it's informed speculation at best of course. But it points to monotonous bot based game play inside an instance and if so.. it will get the hammer at some point if the studio considers it exploiting (which only the studio can assess and decide). Clearly there is something with Assassin skills that better enable whatever they are doing.

Players just need to report, and report often, .. and stop talking about it. Talking about it just encourages other players to go investigate and perhaps mimic.

Edited by Andryah

- read -

Cool beans, now I'm up to day. Feel free to edit the link outta your post, and thanks! :) From what I've read, it does seem like a good theory, though I didn't know the mission was repeatable? Without actually seeing this in person, I still don't think I know enough to make comment. I mean, is it possible that they aren't using a hack, and are just "manually" repeating the mission, has anyone seen these assassin's in action? What if we posted a video to YT to "name and shame" so people know who to report?

Edited by TyonYlle

The fact that assassins are/were being used could simply be because it's a class that person is used to using for exploiting.

It looks like the solution would be for the developers to find out what that guy was doing in the gravestone and then apply a universal fix. If the guy was doing the same instance or chapter hundreds or thousands of times per day then a universal fix would be to put a cap on the number of resets. Make it a proper cap, like 10 times whatever a real player does. This would prevent exploiters from doing it hundreds/thousands of times per day.

This way it prevents the exploiter from simply finding the next best instance to exploit.

Edited by kuzori

I think it is pretty clear they are exploiting even if no one knows for sure exactly what they are doing. I've personally seen about 15 of them on Jedi Covenant. I must of seen them right after they were created as they were lvl 65. They went into "The Gravestone" and NEVER left. They also lvl'd the whole way to 70. In order to reset you have to actually leave "The Gravestone" aka chapter to be able to reset it. By them never leaving they are exploiting some way to reset it or exploiting mobs that they found can spawn endlessly. I actually don't see them on Jedi Covenant right now and I hope that is because BW is actually banning them and fixing whatever they are doing in an upcoming patch.

Used 10 of them myself. They weren't free.

If you had an inclining of how much a transfer costs vs how much a seller will make selling their credits they transfer you'll quickly see the profits far outweigh the costs.

They aren't farming dead servers because it's unprofitable after all.

Not sure it is wise to link that reddit.. so I redacted it.

As for what is discussed over there.. it's informed speculation at best of course. But it points to monotonous bot based game play inside an instance and if so.. it will get the hammer at some point if the studio considers it exploiting (which only the studio can assess and decide). Clearly there is something with Assassin skills that better enable whatever they are doing.

Players just need to report, and report often, .. and stop talking about it. Talking about it just encourages other players to go investigate and perhaps mimic.

They've yet to fix the "teleport" hack that effectively gives bots grater farming abilities in the open world ... I honestly believe for whatever reason they no longer give a **** about stopping RMTs. Not that they've ever seemed that big on doing anything about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd done a cost analysis dictates the cost of employing someone to chase them down, gather proof, remove them etc. etc. just for the RMTs to pop straight back up shows it may actually end up costing them more than it saves. Whether or not that's true remains to be seen because I've always been dubious on how BWA interprets it's metrics.

The fact that assassins are/were being used could simply be because it's a class that person is used to using for exploiting.

It looks like the solution would be for the developers to find out what that guy was doing in the gravestone and then apply a universal fix. If the guy was doing the same instance or chapter hundreds or thousands of times per day then a universal fix would be to put a cap on the number of resets. Make it a proper cap, like 10 times whatever a real player does. This would prevent exploiters from doing it hundreds/thousands of times per day.

This way it prevents the exploiter from simply finding the next best instance to exploit.

OR they could just log massive credits transfers between accounts, note the account/ip that sends these transfers and if it's constantly just sending credits to other accounts for no discernible, valid reason then take action. Ban and remove all accounts/credits from any account that matches that IP record.

I'd do a few other checks and balances to ensure no false negatives but easier to not post them just to not give RMTs ideas on how to become more undetectable.

Most RMTs will probably get sick of making new accounts and leveling them to make credits to sell at the slow rate they do if BWA kept actively removing them.

A few will always remain but credit prices will quickly go up which then will make buy CC to convert to credits more attractive than it currently is.

Is this the right instance, that was taken in the "Gravestone" chapter, I thought someone said that was the instance name, though?

Anywho, I didn't think there looked to be anything suspicious on EH, at least these names look legit.

https://imgur.com/TjkIWaS

That's because you did a /who Zakuul.

The suspicious assassins are in The Gravestone. You need to /who The Gravestone