A warm shout out @Keith

Caeliux

I wanna thank you for allowing this original account to be brought back from the graveyard of banned. I emailed you last night and in less than 24 hours you responded. My past on these PVP Forums from beta since 2010 till 2012 till I was perm banned on these forums was over frustrations with the game I loved the most. I made post that should've of been in better mature taste and I have suffered from it. I feel like I am one of the oldest players left playing this game and you need people like myself to be able to hold a better standard on these forums to allow others not only to learn from my experience, but also help mold this game into a better direction.

To sum it up Keith thanks so much, and thank you Bioware for allowing us to enjoy this game.

Sincerely Caeliux aka Christopher :)

I wanna thank you for allowing this original account to be brought back from the graveyard of banned. I emailed you last night and in less than 24 hours you responded. My past on these PVP Forums from beta since 2010 till 2012 till I was perm banned on these forums was over frustrations with the game I loved the most. I made post that should've of been in better mature taste and I have suffered from it. I feel like I am one of the oldest players left playing this game and you need people like myself to be able to hold a better standard on these forums to allow others not only to learn from my experience, but also help mold this game into a better direction.

To sum it up Keith thanks so much, and thank you Bioware for allowing us to enjoy this game.

Sincerely Caeliux aka Christopher :)

Wow, nice work Keith. It's good to see you do this.

But if you can do this, it's now time to take proper action against real and actual perpetrators.

It's been a real shame Bioware won't perma ban the game's permanent hack troll from the game and the forums. It seems he gets a ban and it's lifted 3-6 months later. Even Eric admitted you never perma ban someone and it gets lifted after 12 months. So what's the deal with you perma banning Chris in the first place and not perma banning hacker trolls.

Wow, nice work Keith. It's good to see you do this.

But if you can do this, it's now time to take proper action against real and actual perpetrators.

It's been a real shame Bioware won't perma ban the game's permanent hack troll from the game and the forums. It seems he gets a ban and it's lifted 3-6 months later. Even Eric admitted you never perma ban someone and it gets lifted after 12 months. So what's the deal with you perma banning Chris in the first place and not perma banning hacker trolls.

I may be wrong but Keith wasn't around when I got banned from forums. I still played the game but couldn't post no more after I got infractions from post I made where people was offended by me.

On your point I agree hackers should be IP banned permanent. But bet it's hard to keep track if so called hacker has multiple accounts. Also having proof like fraps or YouTube would help Keith to nail them.

Edited by Caeliux

I may be wrong but Keith wasn't around when I got banned from forums. I still played the game but couldn't post no more after I got infractions from post I made where people was offended by me.

On your point I agree hackers should be IP banned permanent. But bet it's hard to keep track if so called hacker has multiple accounts. Also having proof like fraps or YouTube would help Keith to nail them.

It's not the IP thats the problem or the multiple accounts, they can get around that easy. What annoys me is the same accounts get banned and then come off the ban 3-6 months later,

The person I'm referring to, and I think we all know who that is, has 10+ sub accounts last time I checked and they seem to just rotate through them. One gets banned, so they suspend paying that sub and move onto the next till it gets banned. Bioware never seem to perma ban those accounts or they wouldn't keep popping up every 3-6 months.

People send Keith and Eric proof a lot, more than just the people posting here. It still takes them 2 weeks or more sometimes to ban the person, I've even seen it take 4-5 weeks after multiplie people have sent them proof and others have posted it on the forums. But it's not the hacker that gets the ban, it's the poster for providing proof for everyone to see. Bioware have the whole system completely backwards.

I actually think it's healthy to post links or proof of suspected hacks. It would help educate people to know the differences between a hack and abilities. A lot of the hack calls in this game are wrong and it's people not understanding abilities, skill and mechanics. If we could actually post things, we could point out the differences to those who are confused. There would then be less mistaken hack calls and people would be able to identify real hacks properly and report them, instead of wondering if it was a hack or not. That would actually make the whole process much easier for Bioware because they'd have less investigating to do of mistaken calls.

Some other games even name and shame players in the game. I saw a YouTube thing recently where cheaters had to wear dunces hats for cheating. In the same vid, another game developer publicly killed a notorious hacker in their game. While in other games in the past, cheats have had a title added to their name to shame them after their ban. I've also seen game companies who list the character names of perma banned toons when they do a big round up of cheaters and ban them at once. Then they announce they e dont this big ban sweep,

I think it actually restores confindence that they are doing something. This softly, softly approach Bioware use, doesn't discourage cheaters and we have no confidence they care about the problem. Even when they do a sweeping ban, they never publically anounce it, like Blizzard does.

Naming and shaming with proper policies in place to discourage cheating, does work a lot better than the way Bioware handle cheating here, which seems to be non existent most of the time.

It's not the IP thats the problem or the multiple accounts, they can get around that easy. What annoys me is the same accounts get banned and then come off the ban 3-6 months later,

The person I'm referring to, and I think we all know who that is, has 10+ sub accounts last time I checked and they seem to just rotate through them. One gets banned, so they suspend paying that sub and move onto the next till it gets banned. Bioware never seem to perma ban those accounts or they wouldn't keep popping up every 3-6 months.

People send Keith and Eric proof a lot, more than just the people posting here. It still takes them 2 weeks or more sometimes to ban the person, I've even seen it take 4-5 weeks after multiplie people have sent them proof and others have posted it on the forums. But it's not the hacker that gets the ban, it's the poster for providing proof for everyone to see. Bioware have the whole system completely backwards.

I actually think it's healthy to post links or proof of suspected hacks. It would help educate people to know the differences between a hack and abilities. A lot of the hack calls in this game are wrong and it's people not understanding abilities, skill and mechanics. If we could actually post things, we could point out the differences to those who are confused. There would then be less mistaken hack calls and people would be able to identify real hacks properly and report them, instead of wondering if it was a hack or not. That would actually make the whole process much easier for Bioware because they'd have less investigating to do of mistaken calls.

Some other games even name and shame players in the game. I saw a YouTube thing recently where cheaters had to wear dunces hats for cheating. In the same vid, another game developer publicly killed a notorious hacker in their game. While in other games in the past, cheats have had a title added to their name to shame them after their ban. I've also seen game companies who list the character names of perma banned toons when they do a big round up of cheaters and ban them at once. Then they announce they e dont this big ban sweep,

I think it actually restores confindence that they are doing something. This softly, softly approach Bioware use, doesn't discourage cheaters and we have no confidence they care about the problem. Even when they do a sweeping ban, they never publically anounce it, like Blizzard does.

Naming and shaming with proper policies in place to discourage cheating, does work a lot better than the way Bioware handle cheating here, which seems to be non existent most of the time.

I understand your frustration mate, trust me.

Wont get into anything on this matter due to fact me being reactivated here and don't want any infractions again lol.

I do agree with all your saying btw, and hope you and us could get answers on it for us to feel they care, I know from personal experience just one post makes people feel at ease.

Edited by Caeliux

I understand your frustration mate, trust me.

Wont get into anything on this matter due to fact me being reactivated here and don't want any infractions again lol.

I do agree with all your saying btw, and hope you and us could get answers on it for us to feel they care, I know from personal experience just one post makes people feel at ease.

Exactly ^^