Compensation List

SaerethDL

I think they need to start the official Update Screw-up Bingo card.

Squares would include:

1) Which server crashes first

2) How many hours to update.

3) How many hours until they take the game down after the update to fix what the update broke.

4) How many hours the game is down while they update the update.

5) What intended nerf didn't make it into the patch notes, but it was an accident and will never happen again.

6) How many times they will say 'We are looking into it and will update you with new information Soon .'

7) How many 'We added an exploit, but please don't use it' messages we get.

8) The number of intended changes that are in the notes that did not make it into the update.

9) How many days after the update they have to have an emergency patch.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected: it's the End User Licence agreement absolves publisher from any warranty on software operation or game play: force majeure (section 5.A).

Also 5.B (limited remedy for defects) stipulates that our sole remedy for defects in software is its replacement.

7. Limitation of liability: publisher not liable to user for any loss of profits or cost of substitute goods or services.

Pretty well covered. Legally, BW owes us nothing. No extended subscription, no cc or items. Morally, they perhaps owe us only the double ©XP we missed out on.

Bugs are normal for newly released games/expansions, so the only ones I hold morally responsible for this are the people who went berserk, lambasted and rushed BW into fixing the stronghold exploit. Because a stronghold matters more than the whole game. :rolleyes: BW is way too kind and responsive at times.

correct. and we dont owe bioware anything. BW's incompetence created the exploit. If BW breaks their product to fix their own errors we can just stop paying them until they get better programmers. This is NOT a newly released expansion/game. That excuse doesnt fly, try again. The relationship between bw/customer is not as simple as "do they owe me anything". unhappy customers quickly become former customers. That is NOT a result BW wants.

Hmmm let me see, what compensation would be fitting for my ego...

Full weekend trip to the Saint Cecilia hotel in Austin, only the Poolside Bungalow will do not the cheap studios. On top of the weekend, a grand tour around the Bioware studios in Austin and a sit down with Keith, Charles and Eric. They have to buy me a round of coffee and donuts every 20 minutes as the tour will last a minimum of 2 hours. I wanna be driven around in Austin in a limo and end every evening in Roaring Fork or Uchi restaurant, Keith will pay the bill of course. Also I want Belgian Beer and Waffles in my Bungalow . And don't try to come up with some cheap rip off Dutch Heineken dishwater beer! :cool:

Now, that's what my wife would call compensation!