Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

Hmm, so 2 hours to just get them to testing and then who knows how long to implement?

I mean, it's already 10pm so I guess I can just give up :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

Great so that will be the end of the day for us in Europe. How about next time you take 2 hours before implementing a patch and making sure it fixes things instead of breaking them.

Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

To the rest of the fanbase, instead of asking every five to ten minutes, what's the ETA? Just go outside or play something else for now. The more time you spend bugging the developers on the uptime of the game, it's time they have to spend looking at everybody's posts, and less time spent trying to figure out the cause of all the issues with the hotfix, like we can talk general discussion, but leave the developers in peace for now, until they can give us a timeframe in which they'll have everything working again.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3

This.

Eric

Come on man, just mail out some pets, and 450cc grant to everyone.

Never happen. What I would like to see (also never happen) is everyone got a free HK-51 for one toon on their account/Legacy. That would not break the economy.

Hey folks,

-eric

i'm timing you, my money is on it taking you longer than 2 hours

Any news ? How long ?

Hey folks,

-eric

GU 4.1 was the last update similar to this (regarding the increased maintenance time), but sure im not a dev so i can only make assumptions...

I think it was either the one just before 5.0 or maybe the one just before that, that caused a similar crash. No compensation then either, and no communications about what was going on. At least the communications have improved, even if the compassion for the perhaps millions of players effected by this unfortunate turn of events, has not.

Hey folks,

-eric

2 hours from now??????? that will be 11 pm in europe - thanks for nothing! Nice to know how important that ****** umbara exploit was to patch it in the middle of double cxp - Week!!!

Really nice.....

Honestly, I've never been anyone ranting on the forums - neither here, nor elsewhere. I admit I'm pretty new to SWTOR, but I'm on 180d recurring subscription, since february. I've been spending at least 87.50€ per week on cartel coins.

This code fiasco does not make me feel like my business is being appreciated.

I think I am speaking for the vast majority here when I say, that we'd like to have seen a token of good will an appreciation for your customers, but that's outright ridiculouse.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks, Eric. Giving up for the day here (it's 21:00 where I am) so hope to wake to a nice resolution. Good luck, guys!

Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

To the rest of the fanbase, instead of asking every five to ten minutes, what's the ETA? Just go outside or play something else for now. The more time you spend bugging the developers on the uptime of the game, it's time they have to spend looking at everybody's posts, and less time spent trying to figure out the cause of all the issues with the hotfix, like we can talk general discussion, but leave the developers in peace for now, until they can give us a timeframe in which they'll have everything working again.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3

Seriously guys please take this to heart.

So they sprinkled like only 25 unique single use codes? That is not a rain and by far not enough to cool boiling tempers.

How about giving the whole player base a pet? Since everybody is losing one day of evening raid activities - at least here in Europe.

And pleae not one of those M8 astromech droids which we all receive once per year on May 4th.

I'm really interested in the taun fawn pet.

so "codes will rain" and you pass out 25 as a token of what ?? dissrespect for your paying customers ?? to piss people off even more ??? or simply to show us that you are the most ignorant game developers in the world who thinks that by giving a few people minor stuff the problem at hand, which is not being able to play at all in prime time in case you forgot, simply goes away and that now everyone is happy ?? someone needs a kick in the gonads so they can wake the f..k up...

So giving out something to less than 1% of your customers is seen as fair compensation for an error of immense proportions?

Every one of your subscribers is affected, every one of them must be compensated. I'd suggest a minimum of extra sub day(s) to replace those lost, also maybe extend the 2xp event to cover the day that's been a disaster. And then maybe a few CC on top for the inconvenience caused to everyone.

Try again

Hey folks,

-eric

WOW, just WOW, so 8 hours total of downtime, before testing, then a probable additional 2 hours before rolling out any fixes. To top it all, the EU has lost an entire day of gaming, and yet again, will receive the square root of Sod all in any form of compensation.

EPIC FAIL.