Maintenance: August 31st, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to have to say I noticed a couple of problems with today's patch after the servers came back up.

First - The Mail UI has reverted back to original (select, delete, collect) all close together.

Second - The decoration UI is only displaying 1 decoration. Even when you try to place it, it says you have reached your maximum for that decoration type. (since it only shows me personnel)

Going to have to say I noticed a couple of problems with today's patch after the servers came back up.

First - The Mail UI has reverted back to original (select, delete, collect) all close together.

Second - The decoration UI is only displaying 1 decoration. Even when you try to place it, it says you have reached your maximum for that decoration type. (since it only shows me personnel)

Ah...I'll have to try that. Thanks for detail on the deco UI.

ETA: I couldn't duplicate this. Deco UI was WAD for me. I decided to shut the game down and see if that changed anything (I was still logged in whilst the downtime occurred). Now, I'm getting the "servers are offline" display.

Methinks something barfed.

Edited by DieAlteHexe

In what way? I just checked two SHs and the UI was working as per usual.

just wanted to point out.

1. you were wrong before there is indeed a patch today

2. some ppl DLed the patch some didn't have to, the ones that did are experiencing issues.

3. Bioware broke this game hard.

Edited by Walpurulis

just wanted to point out.

1. you were wrong before there is indeed a patch today

2. some ppl DLed the patch some didn't have to, the ones that were are experiencing issues.

3. Bioware broke this game hard.

1. No. There was an UPDATE today. At least my client didn't patch, did yours?

2. Okay, that's interesting that some needed to patch. Perhaps they hadn't downloaded the content for a couple months? I know my client was up-to-date as of 5.4 and I did NOT get any client update.

3. I guess we differ in the definition of "broke".

I think something is wonky. The DecoUI functioned normally for me. I decided to close the game down and see if (since I was online throughout the downtime) there WAS an actual patch (still no client date downloaded for me) and now I see the servers are down.

Something's wonky.

The issues are occuring for those who have downloaded the patch. For those like me who didn't get to DL it, everything is fine.

So where did they messed up ? :rak_03:

Probably same nonsense as before - BitRaider launcher and non-BitRaider got different patches (or one didn't or one got more than should). One would think after several 10-hours long maintenances in past where the same issue happened they would be double checking what they push for both versions of the launcher but guess now

The issues are occuring for those who have downloaded the patch. For those like me who didn't get to DL it, everything is fine.

So where did they messed up ? :rak_03:

I have now restarted the client 3 times and didn't get one iota of data patched. At this point I'm not sure whether we were supposed to get actually patched or this was meant to be a back-end update. I thought the latter.

Gah.

1. No. There was an UPDATE today. At least my client didn't patch, did yours?

2. Okay, that's interesting that some needed to patch. Perhaps they hadn't downloaded the content for a couple months? I know my client was up-to-date as of 5.4 and I did NOT get any client update.

3. I guess we differ in the definition of "broke".

I think something is wonky. The DecoUI functioned normally for me. I decided to close the game down and see if (since I was online throughout the downtime) there WAS an actual patch (still no client date downloaded for me) and now I see the servers are down.

Something's wonky.

patch 5.4a what are u talking about there is no patch??

patch 5.4a what are u talking about there is no patch??

I think we have a semantics issue here. A "patch" to me is when data is transferred from their servers to our client. An update is when there is no data transferred to our client and all the changes are done server side.

I think we have a semantics issue here. A "patch" to me is when data is transferred from their servers to our client. An update is when there is no data transferred to our client and all the changes are done server side.

Again, like I said, only some people got to DL the patch. It was those same people that experienced the multiple bug that got everything messed up. ;)

So there was indeed a patch. The problem is that

- Not everyone got it

- Those who got it just had this line added :

Mess_Up_Everything = True :rak_03:

Simple enough ;)

I did not realize there was maintenance today as there was not the usual notice on my launcher, so I went into the game today and went into a group FPS on Maelstrom Prison. When we got to the first boss the '15 minute warning' pop up in chat and we than hauled jets xD We manage to get through it and beat the Moff with 2-1 minutes to spare.

But yeah just wanted to share that :3 I'll be keeping an closer eye on the forums from now on.