The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why lana's hair had to be the new ugly version?!

You had one job!

I mean seriously, since you made Lana customizable all you had to do is use the SOR model with her original lovely hair, but not only you messed her cute hair, the hair for player characters is the same ugly piece of Sith!!

I know you can't change it now but please for the sake of goddamn Zildrog make the old Lana's hair obtainable as well.

Her SoR hair is *horrible*. I'm a bit annoyed about two parts of the new model:

* It looks to be impossible to match Lana's hair colour with it.

* The "green is the new black" problem is far worse with it than with any of the others.

I have been raging on about the "green is the new black" thing in a thread I started on the General Discussion subforum and what did Bioware do? They moved it to Bug Reports... seriously, bug reports? They just did it to kill the thread as it was uncomfortable for them to hear so much critique about it.

ITA. The KOTFE jagged bob would have been a fun new style to offer, but what they're calling the "Lana hairstyle" is Soccer Mom hair.

The new customization model of her is beyond horrible, IMHO. I really wish they'd redo it so it actually resembles the character and not a weird Barbie/anime version of Lana.

I have been raging on about the "green is the new black" thing in a thread I started on the General Discussion subforum and what did Bioware do? They moved it to Bug Reports... seriously, bug reports? They just did it to kill the thread as it was uncomfortable for them to hear so much critique about it.

Well consider they at least read your thread lol. But what's the "green is the new black" thing? was that back when her customization couldn't be changed and most people hate her new model?

I can't tell why you say this, I've seen people complained about her face but never heard of her old hair lol.

But why can you hate this awsome hairstyle?, just look how adorable can it look on characters: http://i.imgur.com/Q6Engwq.png

Lol, I just looked at that same npc a minute ago replaying kotfe. I never cared for it until I noticed how nice it looks on her.

Please make it available BW!!!:mad: It's like the cute but still sexy bob I've always wanted.:rak_06:

I never liked it on Lana however, maybe it's the blonde.:rak_03:

I can't tell why you say this, I've seen people complained about her face but never heard of her old hair lol.

But why can you hate this awsome hairstyle?, just look how adorable can it look on characters: http://i.imgur.com/Q6Engwq.png

It's partly about how the colour interacts with it. or how it interacts with the colour. But her face isn't any better in SoR, I'll give you that.

On the other hand, the changes to her face going from 4.0 to 5.0 weren't very nice, and the no-customization-object face isn't an improvement over the 5.0 baseline face.

It's partly about how the colour interacts with it. or how it interacts with the colour. But her face isn't any better in SoR, I'll give you that.

On the other hand, the changes to her face going from 4.0 to 5.0 weren't very nice, and the no-customization-object face isn't an improvement over the 5.0 baseline face.

Well yeah I get it that her blonde color shines with Yavin's ilumination, ending up with a white tone. I heard people are mad with that. Yet that problem is related to the texture settings, which can be corrected by adjusting the values of how it interacts with ilumination.

But all this is about the hair model itself. I like it a lot, with the proper adjustments to the specular reactions so it doesn't shine too much I'm sure it would be a sweet choice of hair.

(I just LOVE this NPC!!)

http://imgur.com/a/Pz88p

Well yeah I get it that her blonde color shines with Yavin's ilumination, ending up with a white tone. I heard people are mad with that. Yet that problem is related to the texture settings, which can be corrected by adjusting the values of how it interacts with ilumination.

But all this is about the hair model itself. I like it a lot, with the proper adjustments to the specular reactions so it doesn't shine too much I'm sure it would be a sweet choice of hair.

(I just LOVE this NPC!!)

http://imgur.com/a/Pz88p

Lana seems like she's jealous in the background.:rak_03:

Lana seems like she's jealous in the background.:rak_03:

Since Lana's hair got changed I enjoy molesting her with this girl which is as cute as SOR Lana used to be. Too bad I can't cheat on her with this NPC but she aint got even a single line in the whole story.

Since Lana's hair got changed I enjoy molesting her with this girl which is as cute as SOR Lana used to be. Too bad I can't cheat on her with this NPC but she aint got even a single line in the whole story.

lol.:p

I just realized what else is off about that customization Lana model...they gave her back the orange eye and lip makeup. Awful. :(

Weren't you happy witht he changes at first?

Weren't you happy witht he changes at first?

No. I have pretty intensely disliked it since it came out. I think the customized Lana looks too gaunt and ill and I don't like the hair at all. It's neither KOTFE nor SoR Lana and I'm just not a fan.

For the hair, I feel like offering either the SoR or the KOTFE hair would have been a much better idea than what ended up in the Appearance Designer.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

This is exactly why I didn't buy those hairstyles. The Shae Vizla hair is the same. Gross.

I think that problem is just related for how the texture process the colors, New hairs if you take a look at em, they have textures to draw the lines and detail on the hair, this is a change from old hairs that had most of the details directly sculped into the model, so the colors applied with no interactions with complex textures. So now black looks greenish due to the hair texture (which was made for brighter colors) playing that optical ilusion with the darker colors.

What they just need to do is return their old style of hair modeling, cuz their attempt to improve it this way is just not helping.

Old Lana's hair was still made in the old style (check the picture I uploaded with the comparison) so color should apply better to that one than the new version we got right now on CM.